The Vagaries Of Chrome

endure

I'm using Chrome (on Windows 7) pretty much all the time now as I got fed up with Firefox grinding to a halt for no apparent reason. 95% of the time Chrome works ok but there are a couple of slightly bizarre problems that crop up now and then.

Occasionally when I use the mouse scroll wheel rather than scrolling up and down a page as normal the font size will change as though I'm hitting Ctl- or Ctl+ depending on which way I whirl the wheel. If I mouse over to the scroll bar and whiz the page up and down a couple of times the problem goes away.

The other problem is that occasionally when I click on a link on a site where the normal action would be to go to the page pointed to by the link Chrome opens another Tab instead.

Anyone else having these problems?

The scroll wheel is designed to change font size when holding 'Ctrl' key so suspect that is likely why. I always use that combination to change font as you keep your right hand on the mouse.

There are three options for new site being in same tab, new tab, new window. But not sure what might cause change of this selection one time or if a link may control this itself.

Sounds like you have a duff keyboard where the ctrl key is getting stuck down.

This may be a winner. I bought a new keyboard recently. I normally use Roboform as a password manager but very infrequently I type passwords in instead and I've found that occasionally my passwords are rejected even when I know I've typed them in correctly.

Ditto, FF was toooo slow so I switched to chrome, added in a few of my favorite add ons and now, only on certain buttons, it freezes briefly. If i click the button again, it says program is not responding.

Its mainly buttons that submit data but not all buttons submitting data cause this problem. add on? or something else?