Stickman Site Being Blocked?

partington

I have just attepted to read the Stickman's weekly column and got a strange message:

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I am accessing with Safari using Mac OS X and have never got this message before. I do not access through any indirect administered system but using True , the True modem and my own personal computer.

Using another technique (maybe not allowed to say but rhymes with foxy) I can access the site and it's main feature is a photo essay on Thai children being forced to work, begging, selling etc.

As this presents the culture in a rather unfavourable light I suspect the site is being blocked, but this particular message is novel and not similar to ones I have received before, e.g. ones that tell you the government is blocking access.

Accessing the site is not important to me at all, but I'd appreciate knowing if somehow my browser settings have got screwed up, or whether this is a purely external imposition.

Anyone else have problems with this site?

Thanks

I am getting this same blocking message

I live in Bangkok with True Internet my ISP.

I am running Windows 7 and I wonder if one of the security

updates has caused this problem.

My virus and protection SW has not changed recently but

I do get Win7 updates nearly every week.

This is annoying

Thanks --it seems pretty unlikely to be a common error that's arisen on two completely different operating systems, Mac and Windows, at the same time, so this makes it more likely it's a True imposed limitation, I think...

Funny that all True users aren't getting it though...

edit: I am in Bangkok too though, so maybe it's also a local issue?

Edited by partington

I doubt that the site has been officially blocked or censored - it would be kicking over to the MICT warning site if that was the case.

More likely that TRUE is having a bad hair day- DNS nameservers or something playing up. Check it again tomorrow, and it will probably have worked itself out.

I get this error for stick too, on True in BKK. I've also been getting it on another site (not Thai related) for the past couple days, but only on and off. Sometimes it will go through and other times I only get the error.