Kawasaki Engine Management Software

Richard-BKK

Anybody have experience with running the new Kawasaki engine management software in a Virtual Machine on a Linux Host and Windows XP client, or as an Wine/Crossover application on Ubuntu, Fedora or OpenSuse Linux.

The problem I currently have is that VMware Workstation 7.15 or 8.0 not connect correctly by USB port.

The optional Kawasaki engine management software is the latest version, which works for both the 2011, and the 2012 KX450 (other models also but I'm not aware of that).

Edited by Richard-BKK

As additional information I can now also say that the Kawasaki engine management software also not works with MS Windows 7 Home Premium (bought an Asus N43SL notebook). The software installs correct but the USB driver doesn't want to load properly...

As additional information I can now also say that the Kawasaki engine management software also not works with MS Windows 7 Home Premium (bought an Asus N43SL notebook). The software installs correct but the USB driver doesn't want to load properly...

easiest thing to do would be to dual boot the windows machine with XP. I think then problem solved.

easiest thing to do would be to dual boot the windows machine with XP. I think then problem solved.

Not so easy, you cannot buy MS Windows XP anymore, and an illegal version is not an option... The solution needs to come from Kawasaki, they sold us software which doesn't work with any MS Windows version commercial available.

Not so easy, you cannot buy MS Windows XP anymore, and an illegal version is not an option... The solution needs to come from Kawasaki, they sold us software which doesn't work with any MS Windows version commercial available.

Really. i'm sure i saw Ms XP in tesco lotus on the shelf near the hard drives. Do you want me to check tomorro?

People on this forum often say that Kawasaki is the better motorcycle compared to Honda, but why is it if we get software from Honda it always works, and trying to install software from Kawasaki always means hours emailing and hanging on the telephone (international) to get some support. The software is not free, actual it costs a good amount... you would expect some service. Also 2012 software what doesn't works with Windows 7 (the only MS Windows version sold now-a-day) is something you would not expect of a company as Kawasaki.

People on this forum often say that Kawasaki is the better motorcycle compared to Honda, but why is it if we get software from Honda it always works, and trying to install software from Kawasaki always means hours emailing and hanging on the telephone (international) to get some support. The software is not free, actual it costs a good amount... you would expect some service. Also 2012 software what doesn't works with Windows 7 (the only MS Windows version sold now-a-day) is something you would not expect of a company as Kawasaki.

While i agree.

i would also say that Windows is at fault (nothing unusual there) for not making W7 backward compatible.. Have you tried the software on another machine. It is just possible that it is the machine (but doubtful)

The Kawasaki software runs fine on MS Windows 7, the problems is if I connect a motorcycle to the USB port it starts an endless 'connecting' cycle (without ever actual connecting of course). We tried an older computer which runs Windows XP, that works and it connects to the motorcycle... but as memory and processor speed is limited the whole setup is not workable.

I'm pretty sure that software engineers who get fired at Microsoft for making a mess of computer software make a good chance of working at Kawasaki Motors....

It is probably why Kawasaki is using fuel-injection system made by a Honda affiliated company, the software in the EFI is just too complex for them... :lol: :lol: :D :D :whistling:

The Kawasaki software runs fine on MS Windows 7, the problems is if I connect a motorcycle to the USB port it starts an endless 'connecting' cycle (without ever actual connecting of course). We tried an older computer which runs Windows XP, that works and it connects to the motorcycle... but as memory and processor speed is limited the whole setup is not workable.

I'm pretty sure that software engineers who get fired at Microsoft for making a mess of computer software make a good chance of working at Kawasaki Motors....

It is probably why Kawasaki is using fuel-injection system made by a Honda affiliated company, the software in the EFI is just too complex for them... :lol: :lol: :D :D :whistling:

or as i said it COULD be your new laptop. try another manufacturers laptop running W7.

Maybe it needs a powered usb connection.. maybe your laptop's usb is only powered when connected to the mains. Maybe ,maybe.

I'm presuming that you are plugging into the usb2 ports and not the usb3 port!

Edited by thaicbr

Why doesnt Kwakasaki make their software work with Win 7, or did they think old tech would be readily available for years to come ?

I don't know why don't you ask them?

where did you buy this wonderful software? I can find no reference to it on the net.

If it does not work just get your money back and try some other software.......

ohhh i actually found something (i think)

http://www.tokyomods...s/igntions.html

also found this.....

Optional User ECU Setting Tool<br style="height: 0px; ">

• KX FI Calibration Kit allows racers to reprogram the ECU’s data maps for volume of fuel injected and ignition timing to alter engine characteristics to suit rider preference
  • The tool can also be used as a data logger, recording up to six hours of data, including engine rpm, degree of throttle opening, engine boost, coolant temp, air temp, ignition timing, fuel adjustments, gear position and system voltage
  • 2012 software program is updated for compatibility with 64-bit operating systems such as Windows 7

ohh and this...

The ECU is also programmable by using the accessory KX FI Calibration Kit that works with any computer running Windows 7.

looks like you may need to ask for an update to your software.

another side note... it seems that the 2011 bike needs the 2011 KX450f will require an adapter kit (99999-0307) to use this programmer.

Edited by thaicbr

Yes, they (Kawasaki) is going to send me an updated version of the software... Hope it comes soon otherwise our customer maybe cancels the order...

there you go...sorted

(if it's delayed blame the flood, everyone else is)

First update from Kawasaki for its engine management software... the computer now connects with the notebook running Windows 7, only it can take up to 5 to 15 minutes – I hope I not need to say that it's a bit to long...

Again the Honda software is winning the race... it takes Honda software engineers to create software that only takes longer to connect for the first time... after that it's seconds if you connect a motorcycle to a notebook/computer which was connected to the motorcycle before.

If Kawasaki is not soon getting is act together they likely can forget the next MX1 season...