Loi Kratong

anothertorres

I doubt very much, the land that they hold it on opposite the Temple is completely flooded due to the dam being at max capacity.

In some places the water is lapping onto the road it is so high.

the land opposite the temple is not flooded

the lake is not at maximum

its true that its fuller than its been for a long time but not as full as i ever seen it

i drive around it every day and have yet to see '''water is lapping onto the road'''

if its ''lapping'' anywhere its not lake water, its pooled rainwater.......

I doubt very much, the land that they hold it on opposite the Temple is completely flooded due to the dam being at max capacity.

uhh, what now? water is not lapping onto the road. this is the Pattaya forum, not the Bangkok forum ;)

Edited by anothertorres

uhh, what now? water is not lapping onto the road. this is the Pattaya forum, not the Bangkok forum ;)

i will try to find out whats on this year on my way back into town this afternoon

theres no weather or lake level related reason there shouldn't be anything on...........

It is 10th November and whilst the Lake is full (the sluice gates are rusted shut and cannot be raised) the roads are currently not flooded. There is some concern that if they can't let some water out to relieve the pressure the weight of water might burst the dam should we get any more serious rain. With regards to events I have not seen anything advertised yet but I would expect the usual bars to be open but bear in mind that the Lake area is full of displaced people from BKK the mood maybe a little more muted this year.

It is 10th November and whilst the Lake is full (the sluice gates are rusted shut and cannot be raised) the roads are currently not flooded. There is some concern that if they can't let some water out to relieve the pressure the weight of water might burst the dam should we get any more serious rain. With regards to events I have not seen anything advertised yet but I would expect the usual bars to be open but bear in mind that the Lake area is full of displaced people from BKK the mood maybe a little more muted this year.

the lake at Mabrachan is not as full as its ever been

theres lots of room for more water, at least a metre all round

its not even close to the lapping the road

the stage and sound system has already been set up and all the chairs and tables are in place

its still sited on the land directly opposite the temple

its nearer the lake this year by at least 100 metres rather than further away !

first show is tonight and events are from 3-10 november

the headliner is Kater

with many well known support bands and singers

theres masses of poster publicity all around the event

the reason you have not seen anything advertised is because you have not been there before posting this nonsense.................

Just been to The Fisherman's apparently live Thai music (maybe courtesy of the Temple!) ladies dressed in traditional Thai costume. Have built a pier over the Lake to float Kratongs (directly opposite). For those looking for Thai dress on the Darkside went to get my daughter's today (needs for school) wide range both adults and kids (had outfits to fit my 2 year old). Go over the motorway at Pong small hairdressers on left hand side just before mini mart. Lovely lady got daughter's outfit, belt, jewellery etc 300 Baht - bargain!

Just been to The Fisherman's apparently live Thai music (maybe courtesy of the Temple!) ladies dressed in traditional Thai costume. Have built a pier over the Lake to float Kratongs (directly opposite). For those looking for Thai dress on the Darkside went to get my daughter's today (needs for school) wide range both adults and kids (had outfits to fit my 2 year old). Go over the motorway at Pong small hairdressers on left hand side just before mini mart. Lovely lady got daughter's outfit, belt, jewellery etc 300 Baht - bargain!

Great place. Thanks for the heads up and the good directions (a rarity on this forum). We bought 2 very nice Thai costumes for my daughter at this shop this morning. The B300 price is to rent. B550 to buy.

heh, so around midnight they decided to announce that Sek was not going to show up and told every one that if they want to leave, they should leave.

good stuff, Thailand, good stuff...

sorry you were dissapointed

you would think you could trust monks staging the show wouldn't you

Sek would have needed a helicopter to get there i think

good thing i left the car at home this year and went to the beach on the bike

when i came home, traffic was backed up to the Outback at 10 pm

took 30 minutes on the bike to get past the show!

man it was busy there!

i heard they are staging deep purple there next year but there's a chance they may not show.............