Suvarnabhumi Airport Ready For Floods

webfact

How difficult is it to get to or from the airport to Hua Hin? Have a grandson who wants to visit and not sure if it is a good idea or not.

My wife has just come back from Southern Thailand to Nakhon Phanom. She has taken a yellow bus from Hua Hin to Mukdahan but one Thai Visa Forumer has given the information that there is a daily ferry from Hua Hin to Pattaya. It was our back up plan. From pattaya easy to go to Suvarnabhumi.

How difficult is it to get to or from the airport to Hua Hin? Have a grandson who wants to visit and not sure if it is a good idea or not.

My wife has just come back from Southern Thailand to Nakhon Phanom. She has taken a yellow bus from Hua Hin to Mukdahan but one Thai Visa Forumer has given the information that there is a daily ferry from Hua Hin to Pattaya. It was our back up plan. From pattaya easy to go to Suvarnabhumi.

I don't think that ferry is currently running, best check on that before making any plans it may be available.

only seagulls are flying over dm

picture from sunday, now those planes might be submerged

Classic, i really can't see a better photo to describe the actions of this government. Thanks so much.

Her's a new version of "Swan Lake".

post-9891-0-56802300-1320150219_thumb.jp

Seriously, how much water can they take before those babies simply float off! Only another metre or so; but let's hope not!

Classic, i really can't see a better photo to describe the actions of this government. Thanks so much.

Her's a new version of "Swan Lake".

post-9891-0-56802300-1320150219_thumb.jp

Seriously, how much water can they take before those babies simply float off! Only another metre or so; but let's hope not!

Potentially a financial disaster for someone. One can ony hope it's Air Udom getting it's comuppance.

Ac_ko6YCAAEkQy2.jpg

That's not a seagull ....... may be a vulture.

They don't have seagulls or vultures in bangkok...I think you will find that that is a black shouldered kite.

Potentially a financial disaster for someone. One can ony hope it's Air Udom getting it's comuppance.

According to the article linked above, they are decommissioned planes.

Right- from the decommissioned airline Orient Thai / One-to-Go, several McDonnell Douglas MD-82 like the one that crashed in Phuket, and a 747 with no engines. I also recognize some L-1011 Tristars from the long defunct / never took off Thai Sky Airlines. The Tristars have been sitting there since about 2004 at least.

Right- from the decommissioned airline Orient Thai / One-to-Go, several McDonnell Douglas MD-82 like the one that crashed in Phuket, and a 747 with no engines. I also recognize some L-1011 Tristars from the long defunct / never took off Thai Sky Airlines. The Tristars have been sitting there since about 2004 at least.

Insurance job then?

Ac_ko6YCAAEkQy2.jpg

That's not a seagull ....... may be a vulture.

They don't have seagulls or vultures in bangkok...I think you will find that that is a black shouldered kite.

Does it matter, it could be the worlds first northern hemisphere flying penguin <deleted>, the situation remains.

I'm travelling down to Swampy airport from Phetchabun starting about noon today. Does anyone have current info on the roads, routes from the north to Swampy?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ac_ko6YCAAEkQy2.jpg

I was told by a long time Bkk resident, he believes these were un-air-worthy parts scavenging planes that couldn't be flown out. Could be, but the picture still stands as an example of the governments ineptitude.

Udom's personal plane scrapyard seems to be all over Thailand - Udon Thani, Phuket, Don Muang.......