Archers

Ulysses G.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend of mine told me Archers has been shut (due to an illness in the family) is this correct? confused

UD - I know a couple of people who currently go there for their fine Sunday dinners, so I would guess it's open.

• Like 1

a friend of mine told me Archers has been shut (due to an illness in the family) is this correct? confused

I was in there Monday morning and everything was per normal. Also received a weekly text from the owner reminding me about the dice rolling on Saturday night so assume all is fine.

YoungBrit

• Like 1

dam_n! I was fooled, too! I thought this was going to be a unique thread concerning archery locally (a fairly popular sport among Thais), but UG is up to his old tricks! sad.png

The young lady pictured above could be severely injured !!!! Perhaps someone can recommend a doc for the pinned thread who treats breast injuries.

Edited by Mapguy

UD - I know a couple of people who currently go there for their fine Sunday dinners, so I would guess it's open.

ok thanks :)

Mark is a very convivial host who has worked hard to build his place up. Every success to to him! We've been down there and blown the froth off a couple of cold ones with him. Tough call on the darts though mate: 2 and 12 - the two hardest numbers on a dart board to hit!!!

Green with envy about the Lonely Planet entry- Pim must like you a lot!

Mark is a very convivial host who has worked hard to build his place up. Every success to to him! We've been down there and blown the froth off a couple of cold ones with him. Tough call on the darts though mate: 2 and 12 - the two hardest numbers on a dart board to hit!!!

Get with it Millwall 40.gif Darts !!!!! it's throwing 2 dice for free drinks, 25 and 50% discount 113.gif.

• Like 1

I went there yesterday for the first time, the host and hostess were very welcoming, have you met Graham from the Pub? The yorkshire puddings were the best I've had in Thailand, the presentation of the food and the portion was excellent value for money, 200 baht. I'll certainly be going back and would recommend people to try it.

I went yesterday too...great Sunday lunch, but the menu says its 275 for Sunday Lunch , and that's what we paid, worth every baht, but its not 200B

Did you have something to drink? I paid 200 too.

I've never been there but the blackboard menu in the photo that dave2 posted clearly says 200 Baht. dry.gif

The pub is a good Sunday roast and good car parking,worth a try

Obviously Archers doesn't buy anything from yourself Sausage 14.gif

The Pub does a great lamb roast, but for beef it's Archers, at a cheaper price and with parking. 15.gif

Edited by alfieconn

The Pub does a great lamb roast, but for beef it's Archers, at a cheaper price and with parking. 15.gif

with parking??? prey tell

re .. with parking??? prey tell

at archers ?

the soi to the right of the siver car in the middle of the road usually has loads of space in there

and the roast dinner is good : )

dave2

ps .. this was the small dinner ... theres a bigger version for a few ? extra baht

post-42592-0-36800200-1336302767_thumb.j

post-42592-0-12654000-1336303244_thumb.j

re .. with parking??? prey tell

at archers ?

the soi to the right of the siver car in the middle of the road usually has loads of space in there

dave2

ps .. this was the small dinner ... theres a bigger version for a few ? extra baht

yes I like it but always had parking probs - anyway fun place

Large roast beef dinner is 225 baht and has nearly twice as much beef.Mark will ensure it is cooked to your liking,I like mine medium/rare and I always have lovely succulent beef on my plate.It beats the well know venue north-west of CM by a mile.

dont know about sunday dinner but i did go for breakfast there a week or so ago not bad at all not as good as the un irish but its a bit cheaper id go again

clean and friendly staff

Good to know the staff are clean lol!

You fooled me I thought you were talking about the people with a bow and arrow.tongue.gif

I thought it was the beer - and somneone else thoght it was the radio soap - looks like freud would have a field day with us lot.

re .. I thought it was the beer

ahhhh ...beer archa ... the amber nectar ..... three of these every night

and i sleep like a log : )

enjoy .. dave2 ... on number three at the mo : )

post-42592-0-94516800-1336322862_thumb.j

with parking??? prey tell

Generally there is parking outside and as a last resort the temple opposite, you just have to use your imagination !

I doubt very much if the owner even knows Pim so liking has nothing to do with it, perhaps it's down too just good old rave reviews or did the cynical side of yourself not think of that 7.gif

dave2

Crikey dave2, would you have a lens wide enough to photograph one?

That "small' Sunday dinner is enormous!!

Any comments on the curry night? I think that is tonight isn't it? (Tuesday).

How much?

How good?!!!

went past archers last night,about 7.30,and they were closed.

Wednesday is the day that they close each week.

Its the curry night tonight, personally informed, dark shirts only lads, be sensible, bring a turban and you can wait on!

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

with that kind of attitude I bet the dog will really miss you.

how can you justify making a flippant throwaway comment like "serious health concerns"

how many other restraurants, bars, bbqs have you been to around the city when you actually see a rat. A few month ago, was sitting on the brand new decking at "In Town" and a rat scuttled across the deck and just dropped into the planted area at the front.

how many road cart chicken legs did you buy covered in flies.

So dont make a connection between dog and health scare.

I hope the dog didnt catch anything from you mate.

I don't often write on here but being regular to Archers and loving Mary the bars well behaved, clean family dog, well I just had to say something. A dog being in the same area as food does not lead to health concerns or the millions of people with household pets would permanently be sick!

Clearly not a dog person then I'm sure your not actually welcome back at Archers and I'm sure that Mary attracts more customers for the place than she could possibly scare away.

• Like 1