Marriage Costs (Sisaket))

bangkokburning

Would anyone have any idea what a simple marriage would cost in Sisaket?

Good quality meal (B200 pax?)

Case of 100Pipers or Benmore 750ml

Tables (9), chairs (65-70) and tarp

Cooks, servers

9 Monks and rented auto for them

Photographer (maybe gratis)

I want some sort of music, she thinks it unnecessary.

I guess some sort of flowers or claptrap is in order

Wedding dress

Make-up / Salon

Anything I have missed that is important?

Rings - Platinum from USA

Sin Sot - None

Daily rental on local van/driver (not include in above estimate)

2nt/1 day rental on BKK van/driver(not include in above estimate) <Her mother has someone but interested in what it might cost anyway.

My gf's family is originally from the area, but have resided for years in BKK. My gf was born in BKK. The larger family from Sisaket and Udon.

Thanks

Ask a few caterars. Normally you pay per table of 8 persons, the cost per table depends on the number of dishes you serve. They provide the drinks too, often you provide for the alcohol or you order it too from them at a seperate price.

Don't forget, at the reception people will give you envelopes with money. This goes to the person who pays for the party and normally is enough to cover the cost of party.

Don't really have that option of pricing it around myself as we live in BKK. Her mother will handle it, I will just fork over the cash so I want to have a very serious idea of what is to be expected.

I am not big on weddings, I think they are mostly a wasteful affair - but this is purely for her. She is very fine with keeping it very simple. The symbol of her marrying in front of family and a platinum band seems to be quite enough.

The money will not come to me (I will not take money from poor people), I will pass it on to her parents as sin sot, it's more a gift than sin sot really. Her mother has paid for others marriages for decades, so now its her turn to recoup. Also important because we may end up back in states as my parents health is deteriorating. So they will have a bit of dosh from our end for a few years.

GF will be putting up the 100k SS money and I have informed her I expect to see it back in her acct or we will not formalize the wedding.

So I want to do this for about 60K???

Can anyone at least give me an idea on the following:

Good quality meal 3-4 dishes

Tables (9), chairs (75) and tarp

Cooks, servers, manager

Edited by bangkokburning

I am in Sisaket and we have done it on birthdays. Getting a couple of tables and chairs and I think we paid no more than 200 per person including 5-6 dishes for each table and ice cubes and "servers" the different dishes were placed on the tables and the servers just took care of the drinks that we bought ourselves. The food were cooked elsewhere and brought to our house which is 5-10 minutes from where we live. They brought the tables and chair with them and set everything up and went back to get the food.

I think there were a fried rice dish, some pork, the whole fish thing, some more fish and another meat dish, typical thai food but they had a menu we could choose from.

We paid 4500 a couple of years ago for a taxi going to Sisaket from Bangkok normal car but it were a one way trip. If you do not need local transportation fly to Ubon and take a car from there for about a 1000 baht, I paid 800 baht 2 years ago and its less than an hours drive to Sisaket town.

For the booze same price as in Bangkok maybe a bit cheaper when you buy it by the case but not much.

All in all 200-250 should be enough. Tell her that the budget is 200 per person and she has to get a quote for it and what you get for the 200 per person then if its not enough or to much make the changes.

Salon my wife goes once a month to get her hair died and nails done (all 20) for about 300 baht so 1000 baht will go a long way.