Manure Or Compost In Chiang Mai

mo99

I am looking for 100 bags of Cow manure or similar for my vegetable garden. Willing to pay 20Baht per bag at this quantity. Should be in/near Chiang mai. I can pay a delivery fee if needed.

Please reply if you have some, or know where I can get it. ( I don't have a truck, and was recently in an motor bike accident, my foot is still broken, so pickup is not possible).

Also looking for some straw, or other mulching material for my chicken coop and general mulching purposes. (I've been using coconut husk, and husk peat/compost but it is usually wet and a bit pricy).

Thanks,

Mo

Go for a drive around the back Sois of Mae On. There are numerous dairy farms, which sell their dried cow manure, for less than B20/bag. If you're quick you should also be able to find some straw (before its burnt off)

Go for a drive around the back Sois of Mae On. There are numerous dairy farms, which sell their dried cow manure, for less than B20/bag. If you're quick you should also be able to find some straw (before its burnt off)

How much is the weigh per bag ?

search for 18°44'3.48"N 99° 6'45.47"E in google maps. They sell bagged cow poo right there. San Kamphaeng. Seen trucks down from Chiang Rai loading up.

Well, like I said, I'm in Chiang Mai, and I don't have a truck.....also my foot is still broken, and it will be a few more weeks before I finish recovering.

I need it delivered.

I could order more than 100 bags if needed. I want to have it ready for vegetable season, and my peppers are starving in poor sandy soil.

Thanks

search for 18°44'3.48"N 99° 6'45.47"E in google maps. They sell bagged cow poo right there. San Kamphaeng. Seen trucks down from Chiang Rai loading up.

Well, like I said, I'm in Chiang Mai, and I don't have a truck.....also my foot is still broken, and it will be a few more weeks before I finish recovering.

I need it delivered.

I could order more than 100 bags if needed. I want to have it ready for vegetable season, and my peppers are starving in poor sandy soil.

Thanks

Can't you get someone to run you out there to see if you can arrange delivery. While you're out there you should be able to arrange to have some straw bales delivered. The rice harvest is finished, bales everywhere.

I need it delivered.

Thanks

Can't you get someone to run you out there to see if you can arrange delivery. While you're out there you should be able to arrange to have some straw bales delivered. The rice harvest is finished, bales everywhere.

Well, it does not look to far from here but it would make things easier if I had someone's phone number.... ?

Otherwise I'll just have to wait until I'm recovered a bit more, I still have to use crutches, so shoveling manure, or hopping around in the muck looking for the owner, is out the question.

I'd like to get it composting now, so in a few more weeks after I start recovering, I'll have something to use.

I tried getting some 6 months ago, and everyone said they did not have it since it was raining too much.

How long do you think the straw will be available? (CM4Me, Why on Earth would they burn the straw?... although this is Thailand I would not put it past them).

Hello All, here in Korat at most roadside plant shops,

we get the bags in the pic. for Bt.10.

rice555

That would be fantastic if it was so cheap here!

But with rising shipping cost, it would not be possible to send it here. Not sure why it cost so much in Chiang Mai, there are lots of cows and horses here. Maybe they have contracts will flower shops or something?.....Or our cow sh** is better than your cow sh** LOL... :D

Edited by mo99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can get finished compost delivered by the ton from the Natural Agriculture operation in Mae Taeng. Search for previous posts on the CM forum, or contact Jacques through Eric at Dokmai Garden.

Finding fresh manure is easy, the delivery that you require is the biggest issue; . Maybe you could ask around and hire a couple of guys with a pick up to take you out and load and deliver some sacks of donkey or horse manure. I used to get a full load of sacks at about 10 or 12 baht each in my pickup at the Army stables north of CM, two locations, the donkey stables across from Huay Tung Tao park and the Pack Squadron just north of the 5th Special Forces grounds, just south of Mae Rim town. And then there is the race horse stables at Rachamankala park race track. But with all the huge horse syringes that I found in the manure, I wouldn't consider this material "organic", in the respect of chemical-free.

Edited by drtreelove

• 1 month later...

You can get finished compost delivered by the ton from the Natural Agriculture operation in Mae Taeng. Search for previous posts on the CM forum, or contact Jacques through Eric at Dokmai Garden.

Finding fresh manure is easy, the delivery that you require is the biggest issue; . Maybe you could ask around and hire a couple of guys with a pick up to take you out and load and deliver some sacks of donkey or horse manure. I used to get a full load of sacks at about 10 or 12 baht each in my pickup at the Army stables north of CM, two locations, the donkey stables across from Huay Tung Tao park and the Pack Squadron just north of the 5th Special Forces grounds, just south of Mae Rim town. And then there is the race horse stables at Rachamankala park race track. But with all the huge horse syringes that I found in the manure, I wouldn't consider this material "organic", in the respect of chemical-free.

Fresh manure sounds best for what I'm doing. No thanks on the race horse manure, if there is even a small chance of needles in there.....yikes.

I have never heard of the Army stables, not sure exactly how to get there, do you have an address maybe I can see it google maps then :)

It's been a few years so I'm not sure this is still available. But driving out the CM - Mae Rim Highway, you pass the outer ring road (121), then pass the huge military grounds on the left with the big white gate (5th Special Forces). At the norther border of those grounds, well before Mae Rim town, you will see a road going off to the left at about 45 degree angle to the northwest. Turn left onto this road and immediately on the right you will see the horses, stables and a gate into this facility. Pull in there and ask. I would advise agreeing on a price per sack before they start filling sacks and loading you up. I think I paid 12 baht per sack in 2005. Try to talk to the working guys, the officers sometimes tried to gouge me and up the prices.

I preferred the donkey/mule stables on 121 just across from the entry road to Huay Tung Tao lake/park. It was friendlier and closer to home. I'd go in on the weekend mornings when it seemed there were no officers around to take their cut; the stable hands could make a little pocket money.

We lived right there in Don Kaew and I had a great vegetable garden and fruit trees. In a couple of years we turned a barren yard into a lush tropial gardern. I'm a compulsive composter, got to have it. I made a lot of compost with that pui, layered with rice straw, grass clippings and any other organic matter i could get my hands on; and grew some wonderful food (and earthworms). Then we moved to Mae Jo and took over a 10 rai farm and orchard; I still drove over to the donkey and horse stables for manure. The race horse stables were a little cheaper but I had to screen the material of all the garbage.

I green manured the 1 rai of mango trees and 2 rai of lamyai with jack beans and black beans, cut them with a krueng tat ya when at peak vegetative growth, before seeds formed and leave lay as mulch. The bananas got straight manure a couple of times a year along with lots of mulch; they love it and grew large beautiful deep green leaves and plump sweet bananas. The papayas, coconuts citrus, guavas, pomegranite and other small fruit trees and ornamentals got mulched with finished compost and straw. The vegetable garden was double-dug with finished compost in the 'Biodynamic-French intensive' method that I like.

Thanks for reminding me about the manure; it's stinky stuff but enhances life in many ways. don

• Like 1

I make pig manure based compost. I am in the process of "making soil" out of Isaan clay. Mixing 30% dirt, 15% rice husk bio char, 40% compost and 15% worm compost (whats left after screening) makes lovely stuff for raised bed veggies. Hope to be planting out some fully organic tomatoes and herbs courtesy of F.E.Ford along with heaps of other farang veggies. Strawberries will get transplanted to.

My bananas get fertigated with water from the septic tanks for the pig sty, talk about grow.

PS. Banana culms for organic Tommy Terrific Tomatoes is a good swap in my book.