Best Place To Buy Honda In Bangkok

tekinsel

soon i plan to buy a motorbike, i asked honda in ladprao 101, pcx price ise 80.000baht, cbr150 88.000baht and cbr250 ( without abs ) 130.000baht, but on website and motorbike magazine write pcx 69800baht, cbr 150 76000baht and cbr250 100500baht, it is because of foreigner price? where i can buy cheaper? thanks

That's one end of the spectrum to the other.... PCX, CBR150, CBR250?

If you decide to go the automatic scooter route, consider the Yamaha Elegance 135, 10cc more approx 10kmh faster, quicker too and returns similar MPG, large underseat storage, but the bike lacks the bling the Honda has and thus doesn't attract thieving scumbags or cause to much concern for the owner when packing in tight spots.

I think you were asking about the Elegance in another thread? Rent both for a day and see what tickles your fancy

yes i plan to buy elegance, i read http://www.alphapro.com/Aprillooking11/pcxshootout.html and my thai friend says thai people like honda, if you want sell, hard to sell elegance or you lose much but for honda not lose money, normally i like to use 4T and not automotic but in thailand not much choice, i prefer scooter for my wife can use too, still my favourite is elegance, i everytime rent click,fino when i was in pattaya .

If you decide to go the automatic scooter route, consider the Yamaha Elegance 135, 10cc more approx 10kmh faster, quicker too and returns similar MPG, large underseat storage, but the bike lacks the bling the Honda has and thus doesn't attract thieving scumbags or cause to much concern for the owner when packing in tight spots.

I think you were asking about the Elegance in another thread? Rent both for a day and see what tickles your fancy

yes i plan to buy elegance, i read http://www.alphapro....cxshootout.html and my thai friend says thai people like honda, if you want sell, hard to sell elegance or you lose much but for honda not lose money, normally i like to use 4T and not automotic but in thailand not much choice, i prefer scooter for my wife can use too, still my favourite is elegance, i everytime rent click,fino when i was in pattaya .

True, Honda's do hold their value a little better, but you'll pay 20k more for a PCX....

'4T' stands for '4 stroke' meaning that the engine produces one power stroke for 4 strokes of each cylinder, it doesn't mean 'manual'

If you prefer to buy a bike that isn't automatic there are plenty of bikes available from all manufactures

i called all numbers but can not reach yet, thanks

Sorry I missed your call, please try again. The prices you mentioned are a bit on the high end. We sell the PCX for 74,000, the CBR 150 for 80,000, and the CBR 250 without ABS for 120,000. We also include first class insurance in the price of the CBR 250 for cash purchases. Best of Luck.

Brian

Ouchhh :S

It's always nice to beable to speak to a native speaker when buying a bike, or just about anything really.

I've never been there myself but i have heard many recommendations for Summet regarding customer service and sourcing parts. Peace of mind and good customer service are worth traveling a little further for sometimes :)

Thumbs up to the mods for deleting the basher's comment :)

Edited by karlos
deleted post removed

Try the forum sponsor, Sumet Cycles.

They also have good insurance options and an American manager. Dealt with them many times and it's a great asset to have in Bangkok.

Sumet Cycles is not worth the drive......... Nothing special about them at all. Just another motorcycle shop in a sea of thousands. And their prices are not the best in town. Sorry :-(

Depends on the drive. :rolleyes:

But I disagree, dealing with a Westerner, with a western mindset, who's fluent in American is an asset to have in BKK. I just pity him for having to deal with us. :D

I also found some of their aftermarket parts cheaper than some other shops.

Edited by hehehoho
deleted post removed

Last time I checked in Chiang Mai the CBR150 was around 83,000, the PCX was around 76,000.

I saw a few second hand CBRs at the service center in CM... there could be as much in BKK as well :)...

Last time I checked in Chiang Mai the CBR150 was around 83,000, the PCX was around 76,000.

I saw a few second hand CBRs at the service center in CM... there could be as much in BKK as well :)...

Plenty in the classifieds on Mocyc.com :)

And now one post discussing moderation has been removed. You have a question, PM me but don't hijack the thread.

But its probably best to read the forum rules before PMing since it will answer all your questions. Familiarize yourself with them, they are there for a reason, cheers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

i called all numbers but can not reach yet, thanks

Sorry I missed your call, please try again. The prices you mentioned are a bit on the high end. We sell the PCX for 74,000, the CBR 150 for 80,000, and the CBR 250 without ABS for 120,000. We also include first class insurance in the price of the CBR 250 for cash purchases. Best of Luck.

Brian

How can you justify 120,000 baht for a CBR250 (non-ABS)? There's a shop here in Hua Hin that had one for 99,000 and another that had one for 110,000. This was in the last few weeks.

Is the first class insurance for one year or two?

Yamaha Spark 135, one of the best non-sporty geared bikes but very little room under the seat. http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Product/Product.aspx?ProductID=97

Yes, I got one of these not so long ago and I am very happy with it.

I have even been doing two hour runs between Hua Hin & Ratchaburi on it.

However I might have to upsize soon to a CBR, Ninja or similar, as I may start covering longer distances more often.

Because the Spark is almost brand new I'd lose too much selling it now, so will probably keep it as a back-up, or for the missus to use when and if her Click ever crapped out.

But if there is anyone interested in a swap plus cash deal for a CBR, PM me.

Alternatively if anyone is willing to pay a cash price that is too much less than what I paid retail let me know. Its white & blue with mags, looks great. 135cc fuel injected. Just had its 1000km service. I bought 2 years first class insurance for it, that stays with the bike. That cost 2500 baht. The purchase price was 53,000 baht.

Edited by alleykat