Got Her At Last :D

karlos

I decided to go for the fastest colour Kawasaki do, i've always had green Kwakers and as good as the black one looks it couldn't sway me.

This evening i decided to pop in to Real Motosport and saw a collection of Ninja 650's that had just arrived at the back of their showroom, i was asked which of the two green or two black bikes i would like and 30 mins later i was on my way.

The 3rd Ninja 650 to be sold in Bangkok but the first green one in Bangkok.

I need to pop back to Kawasaki to sort the main beam out as it points sky high and has no affect other than illuminating the trees and the crests of bridges.

I can't really report to much at the moment as i only had the chance to ride her 30km through traffic this evening and need to run her in, so a full review will come later along with some better pictures :)

Here's my two beast's, please excuse the mess under my house and my girlfriend's bras LOL :D

post-59428-0-39039700-1324472477_thumb.j

post-59428-0-57394500-1324472492_thumb.j

post-59428-0-61387300-1324472501_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

Congrats!! lookin' good... absolutely better looking than the 2011.

The bra laundry and high heels... don't know, works pretty well in these pix ;)

I prefer the proper Kwaker racing green of course but it's not offered this model year. Black = safe choice, boring. :)

I too would have prefered the sam green as my C1H ZX6R back home in the UK but as you said this was my only option.

Black also = Pain in the ass to keep clean

I already had some locals at the food market asking "taow rai krub?" :D

Congrats!! lookin' good... absolutely better looking than the 2011.

The bra laundry and high heels... don't know, works pretty well in these pix ;)

I prefer the proper Kwaker racing green of course but it's not offered this model year. Black = safe choice, boring. :)

You made the right decision. Noone will be faster :D

Cheers mate, what about a green ZX10R, surely that would be faster, or does it all depend on how much green paint the bike has? :D

No, it also depends on the driver. And on the drivers imagination :D

A Kawa has to be green! I learned this when i was a small boy! Or maybe there were no other options in the 70ies?

congrats, looks great

green can go 1000km and still look green

black is dusty in an hour

keep the rubber side down

You have a point there... Then again some people would say a dusty black bike has that "edgy look"... smile.gif

Thanks for that Snowflake, that made me and my girlfriend chuckle :D

Two days and 3 nights of ownership and she has had 2 washes already, due to all the insects at night grrrrrr.

Some modifications are due in January, but nothing to expensive just yet, although she is crying out for an exhaust system...

I decided to go for the fastest colour Kawasaki do, i've always had green Kwakers and as good as the black one looks it couldn't sway me.

This evening i decided to pop in to Real Motosport and saw a collection of Ninja 650's that had just arrived at the back of their showroom, i was asked which of the two green or two black bikes i would like and 30 mins later i was on my way.

The 3rd Ninja 650 to be sold in Bangkok but the first green one in Bangkok.

I need to pop back to Kawasaki to sort the main beam out as it points sky high and has no affect other than illuminating the trees and the crests of bridges.

I can't really report to much at the moment as i only had the chance to ride her 30km through traffic this evening and need to run her in, so a full review will come later along with some better pictures :)

Here's my two beast's, please excuse the mess under my house and my girlfriend's bras LOL :D

Looks good mate green colour is perfect. :)

Thanks for that Snowflake, that made me and my girlfriend chuckle biggrin.gif

Two days and 3 nights of ownership and she has had 2 washes already, due to all the insects at night grrrrrr.

Some modifications are due in January, but nothing to expensive just yet, although she is crying out for an exhaust system...

Do you wash your girlfriend to get rid of insects? I think you should tell her to not run around at night then... or throw her of your bike...

Bikes are meant to be washed! It is important that a man knows what is important in life...

1. Motorcycles

2. GFs

3. don't really care but I guess that petrol will be high up there...

Thanks for that Snowflake, that made me and my girlfriend chuckle biggrin.gif

Do you wash your girlfriend to get rid of insects? I think you should tell her to not run around at night then... or throw her of your bike...

Bikes are meant to be washed! It is important that a man knows what is important in life...

1. Motorcycles

2. GFs

3. don't really care but I guess that petrol will be high up there...

1. Beer

2. Bikes

3. Birds

I have just returned back to Bangkok from Rayong this evening and what can i report about the bike?

1) My hands were literally resonating after the first hour's pit stop, a sensation i've never experienced before and with my girlfriend on the back of the bike she was pushing me forward on the seat and thus my nuts and bolt were tingling too!

2) The bike is sure footed and it's surprisingly nimble at high speeds for such a tall,upright and heavy bike.

3) I'd like to replace the pathetic ECO display with a Temperature reading of some sort

4) If this seat is supposed to be more comfortable than that of the previous generation then i really do pity those who have them, i swear my 2005 ZX6R seat was far more comfortable and have 1/3 of the foam padding used on the 2012 Ninja 650.

5) The suspension seems fine for it's intended use (sport touring) soaking up bumps in it's stride and and feeling sure footed enough to inspire confidence through any twisty sections, sure it's no way near as well sussed as a super sport bike, but for a 72bhp 5500 British Pounds bike it's certainly acceptable for for the price.

6) The engine has a great induction growl when under low rev loads and sings all the way to it's redline, i just wish the exhaust was a little more notable, even if it was i guess i'd still change it for something lighter, more visually appealing and of course some thing louder too, a few extra ponies would be a bonus too ;)

7) I can't really report too much on the bikes stock tyres, as Thailand's roads are pretty slippery at the moment and being off of a big bike (yes the 650 isn't exactly a power house) my confidence has been knocked back a little considering the sandy roads and the fact my girlfriend was on the back too, i'm sure once the rain comes and cleans the dry road surfaces here and with the tyre scrubbed in a little more the confidence will come back and i'll be able to report a little more on the tyres abilities.

8) Fuel economy, as to be expected seems to be more or less as the manufacture stated, on a long run, cruising at 120kmh i'm being told by the on board computer that i'm returning 20klm per liter of fuel, which equates to 46mpg!!

9) Also to be expected when using stock brake lines and budget sliding twin pot calipers the brakes lack a fair amount of feel especially when braking hard and knowing that any feel that's about to be transited to you will but sucked up by the bike's ABS system, i have no gripes with the bikes brakes they are plenty powerful enough for once again 'their intended use' but i can't help but fell a 4 pot caliper at the front wouldn't have cost too much more.

10) hmmmm number ten, i've tried thinking of ten things but struggled to get to 8, i'm no automotive generalist...... ummm, my girlfriend likes it more than the Yamaha Mio 125 :D

Great stuff.

As for the brakes, I've got EBC HH Type sintered pads coming with a friend from england. 28 quid each.

I fitted them to my old er6n (slime green in colour hehe) and they made a big difference in both stopping performance/fade and noise. They are noisier but I like it for some reason.

How many clicks on now?

Great stuff.

As for the brakes, I've got EBC HH Type sintered pads coming with a friend from england. 28 quid each.

I fitted them to my old er6n (slime green in colour hehe) and they made a big difference in both stopping performance/fade and noise. They are noisier but I like it for some reason.

How many clicks on now?

Maybe you can hear them round the track? - http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonniethai?feature=mhee

Great stuff.

How many clicks on now?

I think i'll purchase some too, i had them on my 2005 ZX6R back in old blighty and even though the standard pads were fine i still noticed a little more bight from them :)

How many clicks, just came back from a local market and she reads around 1900km now :)