A Sign Of The Times?

OldGringo

I think they are referring to the recent relocation of that den of inequity, Spicies nightclub to that road. The locals are no happy about it but as it is owned by a copper the rules do not apply to it.

Allegedly, the same guy who put up that sign has been calling the police regularly on several quiet farang bar/restaurants up by Veerachai Court that do not have girls. It is hard to tell what his agenda is.

Xenophobia? What, here in Thailand? Never...

gringo

re ... If the state agency neglect of the pubs and bars, Chang Moi Rd. will be likes Loy Kroh Rd."

they were put up in october : ( ... unless there are some new ones ?

dave2

I wanted to know what did the sign mean. Not when it was put up. I've been oblivious to even the most obvious signs for the better part of a long life.

What concerns me about this one is that it may signal the rise of some kind of unofficial pussy-posse that will harass and eventually kill the nightlife in Chiang Mai.

The new "The sapice" formerly sapicey, seems to be dieing a slow death anyway, pass by often on my way home and nowhere near the previous crouds at the old location.

really? it was jammed packed when I was in there - I can understand the 'locals' concerns though

gringo

re ... If the state agency neglect of the pubs and bars, Chang Moi Rd. will be likes Loy Kroh Rd."

dave2

I wanted to know what did the sign mean. Not when it was put up. I've been oblivious to even the most obvious signs for the better part of a long life.

What concerns me about this one is that it may signal the rise of some kind of unofficial pussy-posse that will harass and eventually kill the nightlife in Chiang Mai.

It's hard to kill what's already dead. :P

But seriously, this is a country where government workers come by the bars at least once a week handing out boxes full of condoms (49, 52, 54 and now 56mm (!) too.), and bags full of strawberry scented personal lubricant, absolutely free to Thais and foreigners alike.

Government sponsored consumables.. It's all good.

gringo

dave2

It's hard to kill what's already dead. tongue.png

But seriously, this is a country where government workers come by the bars at least once a week handing out boxes full of condoms (49, 52, 54 and now 56mm (!) too.), and bags full of strawberry scented personal lubricant, absolutely free to Thais and foreigners alike.

Government sponsored consumables.. It's all good.

...and on whose behalf? To pose the question is to answer it.

There are so many undercurrents here that it's almost impossible to know what's really going on.

Have your fun while you can Winnie, before the peasants with pitchforks and torches come marching up the hill.