Having My Dog Neutered

yesterday having taken the advice from tv members we had our beloved dog neutered,i was more nervous than when i had heart surgery,to leave him at the vets was bad enough but when we picked him up he was in another world but still reconised us to wag his tail then the tears started to flow to see him like this,we got him home and he had a good drink then he slept till 5pm when he woke up to see me taking our neighbours dog his dinner[they eat together every day]he managed to stand up and look at me to say where is mine,i had made his in case the wife held his head up to help him eat and he scoffed the lot.we both slept downstairs with him and this morning he is back with us,not one moan or groan what a temprerment this dog has i just hope he enjoys his new life.for someone who trained greyhounds for 20years i have seen the ups and downs of owning dogs but this one made a hard man weep.meatboy

Good lad! The only side effects of doing this are all positive and he / you / your neighbours will all have a better life as a result.

As a special reward for you, I will let you into a secret I discovered late last week to fight hair tumble weed for your house as well as heat problems for your dogs without having his hair cut off. I found a product called The Furminator. A rake comb with a cutting edge to it that takes out over 50% of the undercoat as you brush him. My job today is to do both Husky's having trialled it on the easier to manage Lab yesterday. First tests were very good though. A MASSIVE amount of hair removed and yet aesthetically, you can not notice the different. I went and bought mine from http://www.premiumpetmall.com/contactus-1.html but you have have them mailed from Pisanoluk fora bit cheaper I think. Google search Furminator from sites in Thailand and you will find a few suppliers.

what a dog he is,in less than 2days he is already quieting down,but i got to watch his food he has had breakfast each morning,fish and rice and has not left a scrap.we can see already we done the right thing.now we have to look for a suv so we can take him out,he's had a few rides in our neighbours car and he goes mental,so we owe him so much for the enjoyment he gives us.any suv y can recomend we ars looking at the new mazda cx5.

I've had dogs neutered before now and, for others who may be put off by meatboy's post, it's no big thing. Yes, when you take him back from the vet he's probably still partly under the anaesthetic, and when he gets up, he staggers about and falls over a bit. By the next day he's forgotten all about it.

Before you ask... I've only had small and medium-sized dogs neutered; I wouldn't be surprised if recovery takes a bit longer with a large dog.

I've had dogs neutered before now and, for others who may be put off by meatboy's post, it's no big thing. Yes, when you take him back from the vet he's probably still partly under the anaesthetic, and when he gets up, he staggers about and falls over a bit. By the next day he's forgotten all about it.

Before you ask... I've only had small and medium-sized dogs neutered; I wouldn't be surprised if recovery takes a bit longer with a large dog.

i hope i havent put anyone off having their dog neutered i was only expessing my feelings seeing him like that,this dog came into our lives after me and mrs meat have been together 25years with no children and y couldnt wish for anymore love from him so i hope y understand getting emotional was me overcome by him reconising me when still under anaesthetic and wagging his tail.
  • Like 1

Hi,

We've recently acquired a husky puppy so would be interested in any tips, any topic, specific to that breed. I assume your dog was gassed for the neutering. Someone said to my other half that husky's shouldn't/can't be gassed. I scoured the internet and found nothing to back that statement up. Sounded strange to me.

Are husky's natural friendly dogs? I've always had German Shepherds before and they've been friendly to family and regular visitors but wary of strangers. My puppy seems to love everyone.

My wife read the op and wanted me to ask, what sort of fish do you feed your dog?

Thanks in advance

Colin

Edited by colinp

colinp your dog will be given an injection to relax him,then another to put him to sleep,ours after 6days is already showing a big improvment in his behavior.there are many posts in this topic section which y should read,heartworm,looking after dogs with a double coat,and the dangers.our's is an alaskan malamute and he is very freindly with most expecially the ladies,but he has stopped trying to shaft mrs.meat.if yours gives you the same love and affection as ours y will never want another,good luck.meatboy

i hope i havent put anyone off having their dog neutered i was only expessing my feelings seeing him like that,this dog came into our lives after me and mrs meat have been together 25years with no children and y couldnt wish for anymore love from him so i hope y understand getting emotional was me overcome by him reconising me when still under anaesthetic and wagging his tail.

i fully understand your feelings and emotions. six years ago we lost our only child. for nearly three years our house was like a graveyard. then everything brightened up when we got our first dog and a year later a second one. i had tears in my eyes when i took them to the vet clinic and tears in my eyes when i picked them up three days later.

i fully understand your feelings and emotions. six years ago we lost our only child. for nearly three years our house was like a graveyard. then everything brightened up when we got our first dog and a year later a second one. i had tears in my eyes when i took them to the vet clinic and tears in my eyes when i picked them up three days later.

i am so sorry for y both i cannot put words to mouth.