Lickey

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fact:

Hayden to stay at Ducati for one more year. Audi taken over Ducati now and want Rossi to stay.

Lorenzo staying at Yamaha.

Spies not at works Yamaha next year.

Rossi to announce where he's going at Indianapolis.

Just read about hayden staying at Ducati, fair enough, I expect that Rossi will stay also.

Looks as if Pedrosa is fire with the new bike, look forward to timed practice some time tomorrow (if I manage to wake up on Sunday morning at about 5 for it).

Just see the on Eurosport, Lor,Sto, Ped, spies, and rumour mill has it that Spies is with BMW wsbk for a year and the 2nd year of his contract could be BMW Moto GP, Vale is really pissed off with the Duke, and i reckon he will chuck it in, can Yam afford him? along with Lorenzo? i dont think so, other options are crt bikes, who knows?

Wow.........!

That was an exciting end to qualifying, the track record set 3 times.

Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo are awesome to watch on a bike...........Lorenzo getting the edge, brilliant.

Didn't see Spies crash but the way he was staggering, swaying side to side when he got to his feet shows it must have been nasty. Respect to him for getting out on his spare bike and getting back out there to defend 4th position.

Not sure he will 100% in the race.

Rossi, yet more sadness...............the clock is ticking.

There are plenty of predictions about next years line-up but it seems to be unfolding. Is that because Yourgay is lay down for this year. There is time for Stacey but he needs to start here, I feel.

Other than that, next year would be a Yourgay title, assuming Marquez takes a year to settle in, which is I think why they had the rookie rule -now abandoned, to keep the factory teams finishing not chucking it away as I am almost sure Marc will to start with.

So I predict a Stoner comeback in 2014 on either Honda or Yamaha, he will need cash to support the trophy wife, new kid and may find the passion again in his year off.

By the way in my hiatus I went to a little track near Brisbane called Morgan Park and amongst other things saw a guy doing amazing things on a motard, I'll remember his name for next time. Road racing is having a bit of a resurgence at the club level in Queensland so good things are down the track.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Stoner back on top after passing Lorenzo in the same place as last year, but on the inside this time. They should call that area of track the "Stoner Straightaway"!

The race was a bit of a bore once Pedrosa dropped back though, Dovi and Cal having a battle. Rossi falling off and Spies swing arm breaking at the Corckscrew!!!!! Not a place to have your swing arm fold up on you.

Casey's win keeps the championship interesting.

Yes he had the power down coming out of the last turn, wheel in the air, opposite lock, I thought for a millisecond he had overcooked it, good pass but not much action really. We didn't see the Hayden Bradl pass or I didn't anyway. Keeps the championship a bit interesting and once again confirms that it is a two man school at the front now, Dani having dropped off the pace.

I agree, a bit boring to watch due to the circuit.

Disappointing for Spies, I didn't know that about his swing arm, I just thought he'd touched the white line.

Ellison's crash was the same as Rossi's in FP3 - sand on the track?

As much as me not liking Stoner and Lorenzo you have to say they ride like they've stolen the bike from start to finish.

I got the impression all the others were just going through the motions hehehe.

I missed the Moto 2 and 3 this time round, I always like to see the 600s and 250s blast round :)

I think they are back for Indianapolis right? Not sure.

Keep those good times rolling.

I think Rossi's crash may now be the last straw, he has stated that the money is not an issue.

He also states that he will announce what his intentions are within the next few weeks.

Ducati.jpg

I think Rossi's crash may now be the last straw, he has stated that the money is not an issue.

He also states that he will announce what his intentions are within the next few weeks.

Ducati.jpg

Yeh, it looks like Yamaha for him but how will he inform the Italian people???

I agree, a bit boring to watch due to the circuit.

Disappointing for Spies, I didn't know that about his swing arm, I just thought he'd touched the white line.

Ellison's crash was the same as Rossi's in FP3 - sand on the track?

As much as me not liking Stoner and Lorenzo you have to say they ride like they've stolen the bike from start to finish.

I got the impression all the others were just going through the motions hehehe.

I missed the Moto 2 and 3 this time round, I always like to see the 600s and 250s blast round smile.png

I think they are back for Indianapolis right? Not sure.

Keep those good times rolling.

Oh yeas they will be there at Indianapolis where it wont rain either, to repeat last years joke it dont rain in Indianapolis in the summer time god dinna make little green apples.

I'd like to see the Moto2 field going through the corkscrew but

Reports are surfacing about Ianone and Redding testing MotoGP Ducati's.

It would be a good move forward for Redding, with Abraham going no where. Up to his training crash (training on motocross bikes should be banned), Hector B was doing as well as the factory guys. I wonder if there will be any more satellite Ducati teams next year?

It is possible we may see 4 Brits on the grid!!!!!

You might well be right Kwackersaki, the look on Vales face was worth a thousand words, otherwise Spucati pull there fingers out and do what he has been asking for for 18 months now [and Moaner b4 him] they are gonna loose him,

Other forum posters say Vale has lost it, cos of his low grid places, we all know Rossi has never bothered getting pole before, he exudes confidence to fight through the pack and contest the lead, that was so much more interesting than todays odd pass for the lead from 2nd or 3rd,

Casey Stoney is now playing football for GBR Ladies football team, who beat Brazil 1-0, Casey never scored the winner!!

Looking forward to WSB @ Silverstone this weekend, gonna get the Mrs to dye my hair green, sit and watch with my Kawasaki t-shirt on and hope Tom can break his duck,

Sent to you from my marshall post at Snetterton loading an X7 into the recovery truck...

• Like 2

laugh.png

I thought you were making it up, so I looked it up....forgive me for the doubt, he looks a bit different on a bike, but then again it takes someone special to be MotoGP World Champ and captain the GBR womans football team at the same time!! Well done Casey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/athletes/a9e931e4-3c88-46b4-9f0e-cc665cb1a2d4

"Sent to you from my marshall post at Snetterton loading an X7 into the recovery truck... "

This could have been me Lickey, my X7 broke down twice at Snetterton (Forgotten Era & Earlystocks Racing).

In fact, my X7 broke at all the tracks I raced at. The next bike was a GS1000 and that never broke down, I just kept falling off it rolleyes.gif

Vale to Yam, again.thumbsup.gif

After Stoner interview on BBC I doubt that Stoner will change his mind.

I think Vale has had enough as well as face, body actions tell a story to.

It reminds me of the article written last year about the 90 degree engine, it may well work for the twin but I suppose anyone who has said lets change the V4 engine to the same as the 72 degree Honda is at the bottom of the ocean somewhere wearing concrete boots.laugh.png

Yeah.

I can't see Ducati just admitting that Honda configuration is the way to go, then change to it. Or doing it in secret and not telling anyone, although the second option is more likely.

After Rossi's crash I will be very, very suprised if he stays with Ducati next year.

In a way I think it will be beneficial to the sport itself if he returns to Yamarah, no one wants to see the Doctor at the back and looking sad,,,,,do they.

• Like 1

Saw every race live on eurosport 2, from 3.30 pm till 11.00pm, well, not the last one, KTM juniors cup, the only race that wasnt red flagged was the superstock 1000s,

Poor result for UK riders in WSB, no podiums atall, i really thought our blokes had wet races sown up, specially at a home circuit, lot of them were on about some kind of fluid on the track, which brought several of them down,

Another strange thing is they took race 2s red flag results back 2 laps, and the grinner wasnt atall happy about that, Baz had already crashed and yet got 2nd, But very good rides from Baz, 1st & 2nd, 19yo, hes gonna do well,,,,

Sam Lowes, led most of the WSS, Cluzel following, on the last lap, instead of protecting his line into the corner, Cluzel cruised through, am tried to get past and could have put them both out, but chief inspector Clousua got the win..

The rumor mill was going on as usual, when intervied, Ten Kate Honda boss didnt rule out that L Haslam might be joining them as team mate for Rea, if i was boss id sack Rea, hes downright dangerous, and if he doesnt injure himself badly, he will someone else!!!

Sent to you from my pACERmaker,

Cheers.

Missed the races completely.

Just got back to Singapore after securing a 2 year tenancy agreement on a condo about 1km from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, plus sorting out a school for one of my girls.

The apartment I'm going to live in is on (Jalan) Stonor!

Funny old game

Good news indeed, shame moaner retired, but soo good to see Vale on a winning bike again,

Now hes made the decesion, the rest of the teams will make there move for the remaining riders, i think this will happen thick and fast now,

Dovi will be royally pissed off now, perhaps go to Duke or WSB, dont think he will want to stay with Yam after that,

Hope Dovi get a Ducati ride it will be some consolation, it will be good to see if his style suits the bike.

Well looking forward to next year and it will be interesting to see how Marquez goes from the start.