Register/Buy The Bike In Bkk Or Pattaya

Hi guys,

I'm leaving BKK for Jomtien in 2-6 weeks. I have decided to buy a Kawasaki Versys 650 this week but where should a buy it? In Bangkok or Pattaya? What are the pros or cons to have a BKK bike in Pattaya? Will a BKK bike be more likely be stopped by the police for coffee/sangsom support money in Pattaya/Jomtien area?

Thanks

Edited by inventorinthailand

you'll be more likely to get stopped because youre a farang on a big bike then riding it with plates from another province

out of all the times ive gotten stopped in thailand its never been about the plates ( they stop you from the front by blocking the road so if your going to be stopped ul be waved to the side before they would get a chance to read your plates )

you'll be more likely to get stopped because youre a farang on a big bike then riding it with plates from another province

out of all the times ive gotten stopped in thailand its never been about the plates ( they stop you from the front by blocking the road so if your going to be stopped ul be waved to the side before they would get a chance to read your plates )

Thanks, yes i can imagine that. Anyway i went to Real Motorsports today and had hopes to buy a yellow/black Versys today and this was whats welcomed me.

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6140680_2484875_09661

This looks good i thought. But after talking with a sales representative, i was told that it is 8 weeks waiting time on the Y/B. 8 weeks ohmy.png . I could get a black one in Februari but i want the yellow/black... Tomorrow i will call them in Pattaya and see.

Yep there's quite a wait for them.

I received my 2012 Ninja 650 on the 21st December 2011 (i was the 3rd in Bangkok to get one) but that was only because i had heard rumors about this new model 8 months. Putting a deposit down 4 months before the bike was released entitled me to position number 3 in the que :D

We will have to arrange a little ride out somewhere during April (school holidays) as there's quite a few of us who have these 650's now :)

Put your name down soon because these 2 month waiting lists seem to be common place across Thailand, Karl