Marking Out Land For A Fence.

Anyone with any ideas on this, advice would be appreciated.

We had the local land office out to confirm our "Corner Boundaries" - basically, they come out and dig around for a couple of hours and confirm the position of the various concrete chanote markers/numbers at each angle change and borders of the property - this has all been done and I have set 1.5M concrete poles into the ground just inside of the marks.

The problem I have, is in order to put in the fence, I need to get a straight line between the two markers.

This is easier said than done as neither marker is visible from the other and their are trees and long grass that "could or could not be" encroaching on the land.

Obviously, I cannot go hacking down trees to get a clear line of site only to find out I have hacked my neighbours trees down (I am however pretty sure that some of their trees are on our land)

Anyone ever had this problem?

The South/North measurements were easy as the land was clearer and a shorter (150M) distance. The piece I am trying to mark out is almost 300M and covered with thick grass and trees.

I have used photos from Google Sat, but the co-ordinates are just not accurate enough, (They calculate my roof length as 34 metres - it is 19) So that is a no go.

I had much more accurate results using Photoshop measuring tool using a scale I referenced from the photos and a bit of triangulation, however, that is probably only withinn a metre or more.

Are there any surveyors out here that can simply take my chanotes and pop in a peg every 5 m or so? (It has cost 6K just to unearth the original markers)

Thanks.

This is easier said than done as neither marker is visible from the other and their are trees and long grass that "could or could not be" encroaching on the land.

Obviously, I cannot go hacking down trees to get a clear line of site only to find out I have hacked my neighbours trees down (I am however pretty sure that some of their trees are on our land)

That is exactly what you do.

Get some laborers armed machetes and they hack through a path between the markers. Unless there are some thick old trees that are on the border or something?

Maybe run a bit of rope between the 2 markers first so that it keeps them roughly on track.

Walking back into your land from one of the official pegs, put a temporary stake in the ground where the first easiest clearing is. If you have had to come back say 5 metres, do the same on the second peg. Then put a tight string line between the two new temporary stakes. You'll then have a straight line between the two that is 5 metres short of the boundary. Then just put as many stakes in the ground as you like, going 5 metres away from the string line and that will be your boundary. Difficult to advise when you can't physically see the land.