Six Nations Rugby

OldeBellPedr

After the excitement of last years World Cup, it's going to be fascinating to see who will come to the Six Nations in best shape. In any event, we at The Olde Bell are in pretty good shape and looking forward to it!! Tomorrow (Saturday 4th Feb) there's France v Italy - which will be shown in our comfy British Legion room upstairs) and then we've got the Calcutta cup at midnight which will be shown on our new 43 inch plasma screen. There'll be FREE chips and curry sauce at half time On Sunday we've got the clash of the Celtic Tigers as Ireland Take on Wales in Dublin at 10pm. A free Celtic Cocktail (coloured Green if you are Irish or Red if you are Welsh!) if you mention Thai Visa.

C'mon the Welsh!! Dere 'mlaen Cymru!!

why not call it the 7 nations cup as north ireland is under british rule do they not have there own team, i aint racist but why not have there own team as the uk has 3 teams when they can have 4, the teams, as i see should be rep of ireland the uk, france and italy,,and the uk should not split there team into 3 teams in the uk, but all it should is the gb or uk team alone playing 3 another team 4 nations my view, but who cares

Edited by oggie911

why not call it the 7 nations cup as north ireland is under british rule do they not have there own team, i aint racist but why not have there own team as the uk has 3 teams when they can have 4, the teams, as i see should be rep of ireland the uk, france and italy,,and the uk should not split there team into 3 teams in the uk, but all it should is the gb or uk team alone playing 3 another team 4 nations my view, but who cares

that will make thehit-the-fan.giflolWPFflags.gifmfr_closed1.gif

Why?

That's like saying all of Europe should have only one team as all the individual countries are linked together or something?

If you really think about the "i aint racist" part of your comment you are pretty much contradicting yourself by saying there should only be four teams rather than letting each country represent its self.

It began as the 'Home Nations' back in the 19th century, with England, Ireland Scotland and Wales (Ireland was part of the UK then). France joined in 1910, Ireland became independent in 1921, and Italy only joined in 2000.

So as it started as a competition between UK nations, why do you know decide that the UK nations who originated it should now play as a single team? What should become of the Calcutta Cup? Triple Crown?

Or as I suspect, do you actually know nothing about it?

Whilst there were obvious flaws in the Welsh game (Why pick Rhys Priestland who's not played many games recently), I though Wales stuck to their task pretty well and deserved to win, I think Wales have got a good chance, but England at Twickenham is never an easy game!

England were very lucky on Saturday night! It was a tough game and I'm not sure if their inexperience made Scotland look a little better than they really are. Still, you can only play the opponents in front of you!

I too think Wales have a very good chance but you can never write off Ireland & France.

I'm not holding out much hope for Scotland, England and obviously Italy are still a long way from being serious contenders in the tournament.