Want To Buy New Small Budget Car

raviprakash

Kia also produces a 'city car' that is built to Euro standards and slightly less expensive. However, its resale value would be questionable, though the company's warranty is longer and their vehicles nowadays are of high quality. Mitsubishi will launch its competitor in March - of all things.

The cheepest would be the Cherry brand from China. They have had bad reviews particularly for Safety . That is enough not to consider them alone .

Also depends on what kind of a driver you are. You would want to enjoy it, I'm sure.

You would be looking at the smallest versions of Toyota, Nissan, Chevvy, Ford and Honda. All of them will start from 450.

Personally, since I'm a fast driver, I chose Honda City. Never looked back for 4 years.

Good hunting!biggrin.png

Proton do one in the 400k range, quite nice really for what it is, when the Mrs passes her test sometime in the near future that's the one im going to buy her.

Give her a bottle of whiskey to hand to the driving examiner and you can buy her a Proton next week.biggrin.png

If you're planning on buying a car in a Thai's name, & it's their first car, you should also consider the effect of the car excise rebate - I believe not all models qualify.

must be 1500cc or less and you cannot transfer for 5 years, rebate 100k after 1 year.

I think you have to be under the age of 30 also, but not 100% on that

If you're planning on buying a car in a Thai's name, & it's their first car, you should also consider the effect of the car excise rebate - I believe not all models qualify.

must be 1500cc or less and you cannot transfer for 5 years, rebate 100k after 1 year.

Have to be a first time owner but nothing about being under 30 years of age. And it's 100k back on 1400 to 1500cc 1200cc you get 60 - 75k back depending on model, as per the link.

Have to be a first time owner but nothing about being under 30 years of age. And it's 100k back on 1400 to 1500cc 1200cc you get 60 - 75k back depending on model, as per the link.

Toyota told my wife that she had to be under 30 to qualify when we were looking at buying a Vios and she asked about it. So did Mitsubishi before we bought our new car, but we didn't qualify on that anyway due to the engine size.

Edited by thaimiller

Currently waiting on a Mazda 2 for the missus, she's over 30 and we were told we will be able to get the full 100k back in a year. 1500cc and its a first purchase.

Like I say I wasn't 100% sure, but two dealerships of 2 different manufacturers told us the same thing. No harm in checking next time you go down just to be sure. Better than being dissapointed in a years time.

Currently waiting on a Mazda 2 for the missus, she's over 30 and we were told we will be able to get the full 100k back in a year. 1500cc and its a first purchase.

Like I say I wasn't 100% sure, but two dealerships of 2 different manufacturers told us the same thing. No harm in checking next time you go down just to be sure. Better than being dissapointed in a years time.

I'll get the missus to check, she's looking at a Mazda 2 to replace her Vios.

Edited by 2unique

no under 30 rule but do have to be older than 21...

no under 30 rule but do have to be older than 21...

Cheers for that. It was worth checking I suppose.

Second WTK's suggestion- the Nissan March eco-car.

Upper middle range model 460K THB. Driver side airbag, AT, full power windows/locks, CD, alloy wheels, etc.

Since they hit the market, I've seen 100s of them here in CM. Very popular car for local driving conditions- tight turn radius; easy to park.

Honda Brio at about 505K THB also a strong contender. Flood crisis has hit availabilty of this model, however.

I keep intending to buy one or the other; just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Upper middle range model 460K THB. Driver side airbag, AT, full power windows/locks, CD, alloy wheels, etc.

Since they hit the market, I've seen 100s of them here in CM. Very popular car for local driving conditions- tight turn radius; easy to park.

Honda Brio at about 505K THB also a strong contender. Flood crisis has hit availabilty of this model, however.

how abt TOYOTA vios 1.5j, A/T, ABS..? 570K THB