Suvarnabhumi Airport Remains Under Tight Security

Suvarnabhumi Airport Remains under Tight Security

BANGKOK: -- High security is still maintained at Suvarnabhumi International Airport following last month's triple blasts in Bangkok.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Somchai Sawasdipol said security at the airport will be maintained at Level 3, with increased patrol both inside and outside the passenger terminal. Additional security checkpoints will also be set up at the airport in accordance with the current situation.

Level 4 is the highest security level at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

As for passenger and luggage screening, he said all travelers are required to walk through metal detectors and the airport is coordinating with the police intelligence agency in monitoring the situation.

Meanwhile, Somchai noted that the number of passengers and flights at the airport has been unaffected by last month's triple bomb blasts in Bangkok.

He reported that the airport is handling an average of 150,000 to 170,000 passengers and more than a thousand flights daily. The management is considering hiring more foreign-language speaking staff to accommodate increasing international travelers.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-03-02

footer_n.gif

he said all travelers are required to walk through metal detectors

Wow! That is tight! rolleyes.gif

as opposed to previous when they were allowed to stroll through the metal detectors.

I always sauntered through - I suppose I'll have to adapt.

And I hear ladyboys are not allowed to prance by.

• Like 1