Belgian Beer

Wolf

This is a bit old thread but as a belgian I feel obliged to add my comment.

My bar actually sells around 12 different belgian beers at decent prices.

(read not trying to ripp off the customers)

We are doing this more to promote them and our "beer culture" than trying to make big profits on them.

So sad that import taxes are sooooo high in LOS.

Happy new year to all

• 2 years later...
This is a bit old thread but as a belgian I feel obliged to add my comment.

My bar actually sells around 12 different belgian beers at decent prices.

(read not trying to ripp off the customers)

We are doing this more to promote them and our "beer culture" than trying to make big profits on them.

So sad that import taxes are sooooo high in LOS.

Happy new year to all

I am Belgian as well... Send me a PM about where is your bar :)

the Belgian dog is no more, but yesterday I saw a Stella sign under "Pasta and Noodle" under BTS Nana station, uneven side of Sukhumwit.

But I did hit Coyotes on Suk at soi 33 level (next to 7/11) for margaritas, excellent at 185/glass, happy hour get #2 free from 15 to 19h :)

Edited by tartempion

There is a place called HOBs (House of Beers) on Thonglor (pretty much opposite end from Sukhumvit where all the Thai night clubs are grouped) which sells Belgian beers and accompanying menu.

Anyone been there as keep meaning to try it out?

Been there, done that... it's like: "o.k. -no comment-"!

And I am Belgian... and in hospitality industry for decades :)

P.S.: first thing who can really annoying me; is to have to order french fries in a (pretending) Belgian cafe!

There is a place called HOBs (House of Beers) on Thonglor (pretty much opposite end from Sukhumvit where all the Thai night clubs are grouped) which sells Belgian beers and accompanying menu.

Anyone been there as keep meaning to try it out?

This place is great. I've been there several times and when they first opened their beer selection was pretty limited, but I went there again a few weeks ago and it is now quite impressive. Probably 15 or so quality Belgian beers available, all with their own glasses. The food is good but the menu is a little bit limited. Definitely recommended if you want a good variety of Belgian beers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Going to revive this thread in case other people have more to say.

I love Belgian beer but it's expensive in Thailand. To update, I have found Chimey in Villa. Very expensive. If I recall correctly, over 200 baht for a small bottle. Wine Connection at K-Village stocks some Belgian beer but they have recently had a problem with their distributor so they might be running out of stock. I believe they sell the beer for around 150 baht. HOBS in Thonglor is good but they are expensive as well. A new gem that I have found is the Sportsman bar near Emporium. They sell Duvel and Palm beer for 140-150 I think. You guys know any new places one can find Belgian beer in Bangkok?