Where To Buy European Quality Whole Cakes

Whyowhy

I'm wanting to buy a pre-made celebratory cake but many places only sell slices, and the places that do have whole cakes either have poor selection or poor quality/freshness. Anybody been wowed by a display of cakes in Pattaya?

Sweet Recipe is good but I was up there last week and I think they have changed ownership. I did not see the sigh above the shop, I might be wrong though as they were closing when I tried to go in. They are based out of Malaysia or Sing.

I would recommend "the balcony" they seem to me as being truly European for cakes. There main bakery is on North pattaya road between 3rd and 2nd road just inside a small soi. They are a little pricy though.

I ended up getting a pretty choc fudge cake from S&P in Central, a bit boring on the inside but well decorated on the outside (400 baht).

I looked at Sweet/Secret Recipe on the 4th floor (not on a lower level as previously posted). They have no cakes available for takeaway, they only have large sizes @1300 baht, and they looked fairly boring compared to the highly decorated and much cheaper S&P.

I'll have to check out that place on North road sometime.

I think "La Bagette" (not sure how it spell) is not bad. It's in front of Woodland Hotel north pattaya at Naklua soi 22. There are lots of selection of the slice cakes but if you want to buy the whole cake you may need to order in advance.

The Balcony Restaurant and Bakery has a very good selection of tempting cakes.

It’s located on North Pattaya Road, Soi Anathakul, a small Soi off North Pattaya Road, between Best Supermarket and Thai Garden Resort.

Edited by Sigi

I ended up getting a pretty choc fudge cake from S&P in Central, a bit boring on the inside but well decorated on the outside (400 baht).

I looked at Sweet/Secret Recipe on the 4th floor (not on a lower level as previously posted). They have no cakes available for takeaway, they only have large sizes @1300 baht, and they looked fairly boring compared to the highly decorated and much cheaper S&P.

If they have a whole cake they will sell it to you...if you want to be sure to get the cake you want it's best to order in advance. Yes, they aren't the cheapest in town...just the best (also much larger than a typical S&P cake and the S-R cakes use dairy-cream fillings/frostings and not the icky butter-cream (margarine) base ones.

If they have a whole cake they will sell it to you...if you want to be sure to get the cake you want it's best to order in advance. Yes, they aren't the cheapest in town...just the best (also much larger than a typical S&P cake and the S-R cakes use dairy-cream fillings/frostings and not the icky butter-cream (margarine) base ones.

They may be bigger and have quality ingredients but they have no WoW factor. The cake decoration is very poor for the high price they're asking, the cakes all look the same from the outside.

They may be bigger and have quality ingredients but they have no WoW factor. The cake decoration is very poor for the high price they're asking, the cakes all look the same from the outside.

Sorry my bad...I thought you were going to eat the cake...not just look at it; but I guess like everything in LOS...it's form over substance...flash over quality...I hope the kids enjoyed it.