Washing Machine - Plastic Connection Broke Which Carries The Water

mrireland

Brand new washing machine in a new condo and when i turned on the water it all gushed down the back, when i took it out where the water pipe is connected to the washing machine the plastic screw on connection is broke in two, i have no idea if it was already broke or if i broke it when turning on the water but i dont want to be annoying the landlord when i just moved in so dont mind taking care of it myself.

Its a standard screw on type one and also screws on at the wall so i guess i just need to replace the pipe. Would the best option be to bring the pipe to a hardware/plumbing store and get a new one or just get a plumber in and let him look after it. Its a samsung washing machine if that makes a difference, Are these connections standard or would it be hard to find the right one, if difficult then i think bringing in a plumber is best.

The other option is to tape the plastic piece back together but that probably increases the chances of a flood so might not be the best option.

So is going looking for a new pipe easiest option and if so where is the best place to go, im out near 700th stadium but have my own transport

If plumber is the best option then has anyone any recommendations?

Sounds like the plasic nut may have been overtightened.

yes easiest to unscrew it (make sure you shut off the water first!!) and carry it with you to be sure of the length and the same thread diameter.

almost all the roadside harware shops will have, very cheap.

but good place to go, is called Amorn electronic (i think)on chang puak ..they have so many all different options and its the cheapest place i know

I do not recall seeing a washing machine connected to a water supply with a pipe, they seem to use flexible tubing or hose, is that what you are talking about or is it really rigid pipe?

Is the broken screw on connection part of the washing machine or part of the "pipe" assembly?

I do not recall seeing a washing machine connected to a water supply with a pipe, they seem to use flexible tubing or hose, is that what you are talking about or is it really rigid pipe?

its called a flexi-pipe It would need a pretty stupid (and clever) plumber to fix a copper water pipe to the back of a washer.

and at 1400rpm his nuts are sure to come loose! and serves him right

yes easiest to unscrew it (make sure you shut off the water first!!) and carry it with you to be sure of the length and the same thread diameter.

but good place to go, is called Amorn electronic (i think)on chang puak ..they have so many all different options and its the cheapest place i know

They certainly do have some in Amorn in Big C on Hangdong Road, or they did the other day, supply and waste hoses.