Mom Arriving - I Want To Give Her A Special Golf Day

chrgrims

My mom arrives on the 22nd of April in bkk, and i want to give her a special day of golf. She has golfed for 20 years and i know she will appreciate a nice course around bkk, chonburi or pattaya. The question is which course? i also understand some of the courses are private and cannot be played by us if we are alone without a member? Any recommendations are welcome!

cheers, chr

Both courses are open to the public. We've played the Plantation course four times. Absolutely love it. We plan to play the Old Course next time we're down there. The LPGA holds its season opener on the Old Course. I expect you'll be happy with either place. Five star service.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The top three courses in Pattaya are the two Siams (Old Course and Plantation) and Laem Chabang. After that it really depends on personal preference but we enjoy Burapha, Khao Kheow as well as the difficult but interesting St Andrews 2000 course. The main attraction of the two Siam courses is that the LPGA Thailand tournament is usually held at the Siam Country Club Old Course but was held at the Plantation course whilst a re-design was taking place.

Of the cheaper courses the Emerald offers an interesting challenge and is one of the best designed courses in the area. Also Phoenix is an old favourite - plenty of trees though, which is where my round falls apart!

On the way down from Bangkok there is a course called Bangpakong riverside, which is a nice course. Played it once and was most impressed!

• 1 month later...

We went to the old course on the evening we arrived just to have a look. it was lovely, but fully booked for the next day, a saturday. so, we went to laem chabang instead. Great course, very difficult and quite long! Then we played Summit windmill two weeks later, and that was equally as good with great nature around too!

Thanks for the interest and please report on your own experiences too, its a great way to learn where to play the best golf!