Are You Having Troubles With Windows Validation ?

JustAnotherFarang

Hi guys

If you are having trouble with the new Windows validation when you want to update Windows XP (home or professional edition) then check out this great site

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

It performs exactly the same job as the window update site but without the hassle of a validation key and you can download all the latest drivers and security updates

Happy holidays and thanks to this forum for a great service

JAF

Will not work with Internet Explorer.

Barry

People are still using Internet Explorer..........ai ai ya.

It works with Opera, Mozilla and Firefox. I would politely recommend anyone who is still using Internet Explorer to seriously consider upgrading to one of these packages because not only are they free, they are also superior in every way to the dinosaur known as Microsoft Internet Explorer

Just my tuppence worth

JAF

i do not recommend this because you are putting yourself at the mercy of a third party which may modify the windows update or include virus and other spyware at their freewill. Use internet explorer its the best!

i agree with you about caqnnot update the system with some tool or site non original,it's a lot malicious and dangerous,internet explorer is the best ONLY for update xp because cannot with a under browser,opera is a lot superior in everything and more sure :o

i do not recommend this because you are putting yourself at the mercy of a third party which may modify the windows update or include virus and other spyware at their freewill. Use internet explorer its the best!

62nds web site gives you the actual link to the Microsoft update file. Very nice when you want to download the file and use it to update a number of machines that are not net connected or store the updates for a re-install.

Admittedly you can't use IE but every cloud has a silver lining (mind, looking out of the Chiang Mai window today I'm not so sure ....................)

For those having troubles with Windows Validation, here's how to update windows without installing other browsers {if you are paranoid} and that too without leaving internet explorer.

1. Go to "Control Panel" and click on "Internet Options"

2. Click on the "Programs" tab.

3. Click "Manage Add-ons..." button.

4. Go all the way to the bottom 3-quarter of the list and you'll find "Windows Genuine Advantage".

5. Highlight this option and then select "Disable" in the "Settings" option in the bottom left part of the window.

6. Click "OK" twice. (Don't bother reading the pop-up warning)

After finishing these 6 simple n easy steps, now go to the MS Update site and you can now update your windows without any hassle. Hope this helps. :o

Regards

I have Automatic updates on and Windows updates me computer everytime even though I have a so-called pirated edition issued by reputable Thai links. I believe the valadation thing is on the Windows Update page, so if you don't open that number, nothing to much changes. At first, I was refused futher updating with the message that somebody tricked me when I bought my XP Pro and I should go back to them and raise mayhem!

For those having troubles with Windows Validation, here's how to update windows without installing other browsers {if you are paranoid} and that too without leaving internet explorer.

1. Go to "Control Panel" and click on "Internet Options"

2. Click on the "Programs" tab.

3. Click "Manage Add-ons..." button.

4. Go all the way to the bottom 3-quarter of the list and you'll find "Windows Genuine Advantage".

5. Highlight this option and then select "Disable" in the "Settings" option in the bottom left part of the window.

6. Click "OK" twice.  (Don't bother reading the pop-up warning)

After finishing these 6 simple n easy steps, now go to the MS Update site and you can now update your windows without any hassle.  Hope this helps.  :o

Regards

:D I couldn't find the "Windows Genuine Advantage" on the manage add-ons on my computer in either category that they listed.

Thanks Guardian, works a treat, except

You must first have updated install shield or whatever it is called. Run windows update and agree to what it asks then you have to restart computer. Next try and update and it asks to check you have genuine windows.

Now when you follow guardian's advice you will find the windows genuine advantage on the list, but only using guardian's method and not using IE - Tools - manage add ons.

I got offered windows media player 10 (refused it) plus a number of hardware updates that loaded no problems.

I did wonder, if you do a check to see if you have genuine windows does that raise a flag that causes problems later even if you disable windows genuine advantage?

Well I was the one who originally posted the www address and I have updated my windows using it. So now I have access to ALL window update files and not just critical updates and it all works perfectly well.

I have checked my machine using Trend Micro housecall, AVG Antivirus, Spybot search and destroy, Ad Aware Pro and Microsoft Anitspyware............. and it shows no infections or spyware installed whatsoever. So the easiest and simplest way to update your windows is through the website mentioned in my initial posting and as mentioned by Guilo, it links DIRECTLY to the windows website but without the hassle of windows verification.

Happy New Year

JAF

hi'

talking a lot for a no issue of ms update!

1. get a genuine windoz

2.update

windows update doesn't need IE to be opened!

just check in the control center that either auto or download and tell me is checked, and forget it!

you'll get this little yellow shield sometime telling you that some update are either already installed(you may have to reboot) or that you ahve new updates to install.

where is the problem?

ha, cracked version!

good luck with them as all of them have been manipulated!

proof?

it is not possible to make copies of windows that keep the same activation number, so manipulate it a bit and go on ...

the machine that run windoz on my desktop is a genuine one!

had to pay for but, can't compare poor quality release and the genuine one, and I'm basicaly a Linux users (running Suse 10.0) :D

francois

ps:

WindizUpdate requires a browser plugin to be able to determine what updates your computer needs. A quick scan of your browser settings reveals that the plugin is not installed.

Installation is very simple: please choose the link below to download and install.

download now download and install

You will be returned to the WindizUpdate homepage when the plugin is successfully installed. If you are unfamiliar with installing unsigned plugins, you may find the WindizUpdate installation program easier to use.

Note: This is an Unsigned browser plug-in. We recommend that you make sure your definition files are up-to-date for your antivirus and/or anti-spyware software before continuing.

when I see this, it makes me go away :o

browser plugin? which one? do they say or explain?

for the paranoid : think about a trap made in ms :D

Edited by francois

• 1 month later...

You trust Microslush but not this? Suit yourself, as the OP posted in the post prior to yours he already tried this for you, running antivirus and antispyware software and everything was fine.

But it's of course a b*tch to have bled all that dosh to Microslush for "The Genuine Advantage" :o for no reason.

hello,

i tried to do a windows update last year through the microsoft website, and wound up having to reinstall windows, which i didn't like at all, considering it had taken me nearly a year to get all my favorite programs, drivers, notes, books, music, movies, etc. what happened is after i did the update, my computer just started booting up and shutting down, repeatedly. somebody on this forum then mentioned that one of the updates was liable to do this to your computer. question is, which update is it? right now i have 27 critical updates that are missing from my system.

thanks,,,,,john

If you crash XP and need to activate your Serial Number again, Microsoft website will not let you do it anymore. They shutdown their online "Activation" system for WinXP users.

Instead they will ask you to call their office. Of course most of the numbers listed are disonnected or not available anymore and then you have to call the US directly and go through a "voice recognition menu system", a total nightmare. If you manage to have the system "recognize" your English through a noisy "International" phone line, then you are done. Otherwise, you will have to wait for 10 min to have the English speaking "Indian" from the call center to help you through the process. They will go as far as asking for brand name of your laptop, where you bought it, when, to make sure you that your serial number match the series given to the manufacturer.

A total nightmare, a lot of fun :o

:D

Edited by Butterfly