The New Ipad Is Pretty Dam Amazing

barefoot1988

traded in my tab 10.1 for the new ipad earlier this week. pretty dam_n amazing i must say. the screen is by far the best of all i had seen, easily surpassing the quality of my tv as well as my galaxy note surprising. used to shy away from apple products to avoid being labelled as a crowd follower but now i could understand the figure of 3 million units sold on the launch date.

its really scary seeing how fast technology advance. just few years back, i could still remember how amazed i was by the screen and color quality of psp when it just launch but now it seems like a junk in comparison with the new age devices. im still using my old ibm thinkpad as we are talking, still a winner of everything, the freaky repeatedly abused brick that never seems to die

just saying

Agree - seeing is believing, you've never seen anything like the new iPad screen.

Mine still gets warm occasionally and it seems to use more battery than the iPad 2 - since I didn't do anything special I think that's a software bug which will get fixed eventually.

Other than that - amazing. I am using it like a newspaper now - instead of the newspaper I am getting my personalized beautiful news feed via Flipboard. Fits better on the breakfast table than a laptop, too. That app alone is worth the iPad, and it's free, too.

Speaking of the venerable and indestructible Thinkpad, Lenovo just released a new version made entirely of Carbon Fiber. Only PC laptop I'd consider.

I upgraded from the original iPad to the current model today, quite a good upgrade from 1 to 3.

I wanted the extra space from 32 to 64, my iPad 1 is still a great tablet though, I shall pass it on ( and miss it ).

Edited by Banzai99

used to shy away from apple products to avoid being labelled as a crowd follower

Ironic, as it has not been many years ago when Apple users bought Apple products to avoid being labelled as crowd followers (e.g. Windows).

Agree - seeing is believing, you've never seen anything like the new iPad screen.

Mine still gets warm occasionally and it seems to use more battery than the iPad 2 - since I didn't do anything special I think that's a software bug which will get fixed eventually.

Other than that - amazing. I am using it like a newspaper now - instead of the newspaper I am getting my personalized beautiful news feed via Flipboard. Fits better on the breakfast table than a laptop, too. That app alone is worth the iPad, and it's free, too.

Speaking of the venerable and indestructible Thinkpad, Lenovo just released a new version made entirely of Carbon Fiber. Only PC laptop I'd consider.

I also like Flipboard and found an app called Press Reader is equally impressive.

traded in my tab 10.1 for the new ipad earlier this week. pretty dam_n amazing i must say.

Amazing how you find it so good and I cannot use it without something not working properly.

This week Videos don't play in the CNN app which is built specially for the ipad.