Life In Town Apartments Vs Smith Residence Or ...

Duriana

Hello everybody,

Has anybody had any experience living in Life in Town apartments? May be there is anyone who could compare it with the Smith Residence?

I am currently looking for a decent room/ studio to stay withing a walking distance to the city center.The thing is that I would really like to have a kitchen sink!

Unfortunately, the prices for rooms with kitchen sinks in Smith Residence start from 14,000 baht/month sick.gif (according to their web page).

If anyone has any information and/or advice/suggestion in relation to my search, I would really appreciate if you could help me!!!wai.gif

I stayed in Life in Town for a few months. In the "deluxe" room. Nothing really negative to say. The only bad thing is the provided wi-fi. I believe only the Deluxe Corner rooms and the Suites, have sinks in them. I looked at them, but I didn't like the layouts. Additionally, for roughly the same price, you are much better off getting a place at Galare Thong ( http://www.galarethong.com/). This of course assumes you could forgo the "walking distance to city center" requirement.

Galare Thong has much nicer rooms, better facilities, and its location on Chang Klan makes for easy public transport... tuck-tucks and songtells w00t.gif

I've had several friends that stayed there and they return back there when they come back to Chiang Mai..

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Mestizo, thank you very much for the quick and sound response!!!

Oh, yes, I know the Galare Thong has brilliant options, but, unfortunately, I will have to walk to the center ones in the morning and once in the evening (when it's dark) every day... I only wish I could ride a bike but it is too late to think about that now...Ehermm.gif And taking tuk-tuk at least 4 times a day every day will make me bankrupt quite soongiggle.gif

Can I ask you how good the staff of Life in Town if anything breaks in one's room, or shower is not working, or something else happens? Are they helpful or not so? What should I expect?

Could you please, also, explain a little bit about bad wifi in Life in Town? It is very important for me as I do definitely need decent internet connection for reading purposes and using Skype for conversations.

Thanking you kindly againwai.gif

Mestizo, thank you very much for the quick and sound response!!!

Oh, yes, I know the Galare Thong has brilliant options, but, unfortunately, I will have to walk to the center ones in the morning and once in the evening (when it's dark) every day... I only wish I could ride a bike but it is too late to think about that now...Ehermm.gif And taking tuk-tuk at least 4 times a day every day will make me bankrupt quite soongiggle.gif

Can I ask you how good the staff of Life in Town if anything breaks in one's room, or shower is not working, or something else happens? Are they helpful or not so? What should I expect?

Could you please, also, explain a little bit about bad wifi in Life in Town? It is very important for me as I do definitely need decent internet connection for reading purposes and using Skype for conversations.

Thanking you kindly againwai.gif

Sorry for the additional delay, I was on a plane :)

The staff is probably the best part of Life In Town. Super friendly. And the maintenance staff was quick and efficient. I had a couple things malfunction when I was there (hot water heater, air con). Things were fixed or replaced within a couple of hours at the most.

They Wi-Fi they have there *SUCKS*. By this mean it was often down and non-functional. Speeds are pretty slow. I think attempting to do Skype voice chats would most likely be out of the question and video unthinkable. If you are going to stay there, I would highly recommend having a tether-able 3G phone or modem as a backup plan.

This was of course more than a year ago, so the internet might have improved since then.

-Mestizo

• Like 1

I would visit Smith residence and see the prices on-site. I have stayed there and the rooms with kichenette, (2 electric burner, frig, sink and counter) were, 9000 or if longer stay 8000.

Thank you very much for your response! wai.gif

That would be perfect for me:-)clap2.gif I am definitely going to check it out this week hoping for this brilliant deal!!!smile.png

Edited by Duriana

Sorry for the additional delay, I was on a plane smile.png

The staff is probably the best part of Life In Town. Super friendly. And the maintenance staff was quick and efficient. I had a couple things malfunction when I was there (hot water heater, air con). Things were fixed or replaced within a couple of hours at the most.

This is very good to know. Thank you so much!

They Wi-Fi they have there *SUCKS*. By this mean it was often down and non-functional. Speeds are pretty slow. I think attempting to do Skype voice chats would most likely be out of the question and video unthinkable. If you are going to stay there, I would highly recommend having a tether-able 3G phone or modem as a backup plan.

This was of course more than a year ago, so the internet might have improved since then.

-Mestizo

I'll try to find out if there have been any changes regarding this issue. I'll report it here as soon as I know anything!

Guys, thank you very much for your help!!! It is very-very useful for me and I really appreciate your support!!!

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gifwai.gifwai.gifwai.gif