Irish Euro 2012 Games

mrireland

Ill be staying in Phuket for the next two Irish games, is there many places open for the late games 1:45am, just looking for somewhere with a big screen, english commentary and open late, if there is a spot the Irish tend to gather would be nice for a better atmosphere. I watched the first game in Bangkok and there was about 5 Irish in it and i missed the usual hype and atmosphere i normally get back home so would be nice if anyone has any recommendations.

i hope ireland will losse and things will get back to normal then we will have the stupid world sports games should be banned it would stop gambling in the world,ireland is in debt and should not give money to any irish team i wonder how much they gave for the 2 dopes in the eurovision ,it all should be banned for at least 30 years so the country can get back on its feet.

i hope ireland will losse and things will get back to normal then we will have the stupid world sports games should be banned it would stop gambling in the world,ireland is in debt and should not give money to any irish team i wonder how much they gave for the 2 dopes in the eurovision ,it all should be banned for at least 30 years so the country can get back on its feet.

As far as your hopes go for Ireland losing, I don't think they will let you down. Maybe even Facebook multi-millionaire Bono could contribute a little towards his country's debt too?

Perhaps means testing should be introduced for countries entering future sporting events? Mind you, Group C would be a bit thin on the ground (Spain, Italy, Ireland & Croatia).

As for the OP, I would probably wander down Bangla & Soi Sansabai early doors and keep your eyes and ears open for groups of Irish lads; either they may planning to meet up and watch together or you could organise it on the hoof. You can go about this safe in the knowledge that, as already suggested, Irish Times makes for a good footy viewing venue, even if it lacks a bit of craic.

Thanks guys for the suggestion of Irish Times, looks like a good spot to try. Lost me with the eurovision, gambling, olympics rants so that might be one for the politics forum smile.png suggesting we take away something that lifts the spirits of people during a gloomy period doesn't sound logical or something the majority would want, i would be fine with making them cut back on the expenditure but that could well be the case anyway.

We don't have the best team in Europe, nor the group and experience says its likely well finish bottom of the group since were a small country with a less technical team, the croatia result was disappointing but not that unexpected, if we can at least put in a performance in the last 2 games and it gives us something to shout for then for a few hours then i think that's a good thing. I'm concentrating on enjoying myself for the game and hopefully a bit of an atmosphere if there's a few Irish around and ill leave all the politics to the people who enjoy those discussions. So to all those who like the glass half full i hope we get a good performance and you enjoy the game and if you have any other suggestions or hear of where there is an Irish crowd going i would greatly appreciate it!!!

Edited by mrireland

Went into Irish Times and they are not showing it, any other good sports bars that usually open for the game, i guess the suggestion to walk bangla road might be my best option but if anyone hears of anywhere worth checking out