Is It Easy To Get Ireland Visitor Visa ?

Hi duiter another site to have a look at is : www.inis.gov.ie

There is no interview for an Irish tourist Visa. Not sure how difficult it is to get a UK visa.

My girlfriend has already got a tourist visa and is awaiting her second one next month.

If you need any help you only have to ask.

Hard or easy to get depends on your situation Pat wai.gif

Edited by newbepat
  • Like 1

Bit more info needed. I am Irish and its next to impossible to get visitor visa in most circumstances. Been there done that. If your not with her at least two years and have a traceable relationship then it's gonna be next to impossible.

Edited by irlguy1
  • Like 1

A number of posts have been deleted.

People give advice and opinions on this forum freely and, usually, based upon their own experiences. It is up to those seeking advice which, if any, to follow. One should always, of course, check the relevent official information.

Those experiences may very well differ, and so the advice and opinions will as well.

This does not necessarily mean that one is wrong and the other is right.

It is certainly no excuse to indulge in a stupid flame war which benefits nobody.

The individuals concerned know who they are; be warned, I am watching you and any repeat will result in posting suspensions.

• Like 1

Hi there

No interview is required

There is an online application then the paperwork ,

Need to have proof of your relation ship and some money in her account all that stuff

Did ours 1 month ago and she received it yesterday

I guess all depends on how much info you have to give them

I found the two girls in the consulate very helpful

Good luck

• Like 1

Hi there

No interview is required

There is an online application then the paperwork ,

Need to have proof of your relation ship and some money in her account all that stuff

Did ours 1 month ago and she received it yesterday

I guess all depends on how much info you have to give them

I found the two girls in the consulate very helpful

Good luck

So, it takes almost 1 month for visitor visa ?

It can take a few weeks or longer depends on your case

I live in bkk we have a daughter with an Irish passport ,she has her own business ,we live together ,we have a car in her name on finance ,w have a joint bank account ,my father is the sponsor in Ireland ,but each case is different you need to prove your relationship ,quite easy with Facebook messages ,if you are a real couple this isn't a problem

Basically you need to prove there is reasons for her to return to Thailand

Best of luck

• Like 1

I cannot add much to the above, except to reinforce the proof of relationship factor and the money aspect, I would know Thai people who have been sucessful but then again they had either one or both of those circumstances behind them and in a strong way as well.

For anybody thats interested in the Irish Tourist Visa.

We sumitted g/f Tourist Visa application and paper work on the 2nd July 2012

and she received the approval by way of phone call from the Irish Consulate Bkk, on Friday 26th 2012

She can travel to Ireland from the 15th August 2012. She will collect her passport with visa stamp on Monday 30th July 2012.

Pat wai.gif

• Like 2

@ Newbepat,

Did you have to attend visa interview ?

Did she prove that she has compelling reason to return to Thailand after visiting Ireland ?

Are you married with her ( with official marriage letter from Thai authority ) ?

Thanks

@ Newbepat,

Did you have to attend visa interview ?

Did she prove that she has compelling reason to return to Thailand after visiting Ireland ?

Are you married with her ( with official marriage letter from Thai authority ) ?

Thanks

1.The Irish tourist visa does not require you to attend an interview for me or my girlfriend

2.Her compelling reason to return : She has a job and she supplied a letter (on headed paper) from from her employer cornfirming that, The letter also stated that she had applied for holidays and date she will return to her job when her visa expires. She also supplied evidence that she rents an apartment with her sister in Bkk for the last 5 years. and that she has other family members living in Thailand.

3.This is my girlfriend we are not married. We know each other for about 5 years.This is her second time she has been granted a tourist to visit Ireland. That proved she complied with the rules of her last visa, everything you need to know in here : www.inis.gov.ie

Pat wai.gif

• Like 1

@ Newbepat

Thanks for your prompt reply

Did she ( and you too ) go for interview for the first visa application as this is her second visit visa to Ireland ?

When was it it ?

What was the question ?

Should my gf supply bank statement / financial proof ?

How long should the bank statement ?

how much should she show to the Ireland embassy/ Ireland Immigration authority ?

Once again thanks a lot

@ Newbepat

Did she ( and you too ) go for interview for the first visa application as this is her second visit visa to Ireland ?

When was it it ?

What was the question ?

how much should she show to the Ireland embassy/ Ireland Immigration authority ?

Once again thanks a lot

As stated above there is no interview for an Irish Tourist visa . Financial records i believe should cover the last 6 months. (Bank statements etc)

For the member who wrote its easy to get a Ireland Tourist Visa, please explain how you have come to that conclusion????

But also as stated above your GF must have a compelling reason to return to Thailand (job, property etc), otherwise you are wasting your time applying for a visa.

@ Newbepat

When was it it ?

What was the question ?

Once again thanks a lot

DUTITER

THERE IS NO INTERVIEW FOR TOURIST VISA IN IRELAND. FIRST OR ANY VISA,

BOTH NEED TO SUPPLY 6 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS

THE RULE IS ENOUGHT MONEY IN ETHER BANK ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR HER KEEP FOR 90 DAYS STAY IN IRELAND

SO SHE WILL NOT BECOME A BURDEN ON THE STATE.

I WOULD SAY IN HER ACCOUNT 30,OOO TO 40,000 BAHT

IN YOUR ACCOUNT ABOUT 3000/4000K EUROS

THATS ABOUT €1000 PER MONTH MINIMUM FOR 2 PEOPLE DEPENDING IF YOUR RENTING OR OWN YOU OWN PROPERTY OR IF YOU ARE LIVING WITH YOUR PARENTS. AS YOU KNOW RENT IS ABOUT 500/600 EUROS PER MONTH IN IRELAND BUT YOU COULD PAY MORE. I OWN MY OWN APARTMENT. I THINK SHE HAS ABOUT 30,000 BATH IN HER ACCOUNT. I HAD ABOUT 10,000 EUROS IN MY ACCOUNT WHEN WE APPLIED. BUT ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED IS ON THE WEBSITE I GAVE BEFORE GOOD LUCK TO YOU PAT thumbsup.gif SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. CAN'T DELEATE.

• Like 1