Hotmail / Live Sign In: You Haven'T Signed In From This Location Recently

patekatek

Since yesterday I've been getting the following message when trying to log into Hotmail: " You haven't signed in from this location recently"

I've tried everything including a system restore and cannot get past this problem. I've tried the customer support, had the account verified, new password, etc. so many times I'm now blocked for 24 hours. I see on a google search that several people are experiencing the same problem and of course MSN help is non-existant. Any of you TV techies have any ideas of what the problem may be?

Someone has hacked your account...Were you able to access your email at all? Was the account verification successful? If it was successful, but then you lost access again, it's possible there's a key-logger on your PC with someone following the password changes you're making...

Edited by happysanook

happysanook: nope!.....hotmail has this issue lately. simply google for it

the dialog you haven't sight in... is simply looping.

pate. - try to clean your cache and cookies. a simple fix worked for me: install a alternate browser and try again.

Edited by JakeBKK
  • Like 1

I have the same problem using Firefox and IE9. I had just upgraded to FF 14 release and thought this was the problem. Uninstalled it and re-installed FF 10. Same problem. Frustrating, indeed. According to google search, some people have been having the problem for days, if not weeks. Nice MS support.

I was able to get my gmail to retrieve the mail from hotmail but I don't want this problem to continue.

• Like 1

OK! I got back into hotmail. I had to go to "options", advanced, clear offline cache, then go to the privacy tab, select show cookies, then delete all cookies. Once I did this, I was able to log back into my hotmail account.

• Like 2

OK! I got back into hotmail. I had to go to "options", advanced, clear offline cache, then go to the privacy tab, select show cookies, then delete all cookies. Once I did this, I was able to log back into my hotmail account.

Instead to to it all manually - there is a tool out there: CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) this will clear your caches,tmp folders and so on, with the click of a button.

• Like 1

that issue is ongoing for quite a while - friend of mine has problems for the last month, sometimes he cant log in for a couple of days in a row. it took him a fourthnight to get his stuff over to gmail. he keeps his account open, but is sending his live mails through gmail

Edited by JakeBKK

Patekatek, thanks so much for posting that info.....I am now back into my hotmail account after a panic stricken 12 hours. Any idea how to stop this happening again??

Glad I could help. I am a neophite when it comes to these kind of problems so I was lucky to find an answer. I have no clue why this is happening or happened. Just for the record, I had the same problem with Explorer and hotmail. I had to go to "tools, options, settings, view objects" then manually delete the temporary objects or files out there. Success with IE Explorer Hotmail now.

Instead to to it all manually - there is a tool out there: CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) this will clear your caches,tmp folders and so on, with the click of a button.

CCleaner (Free Version) worked for me.

• Like 1

whistling.gif My old hotmail account has been blocked since 9 July 2012....the the very day and exact time that those servers involved in that DNS malware problem were shut down.

I think I posted a comment about that here on this forum .

Nothing else effected....just that old hotmail account blocked.

As you say MSN is useless in helping you to get your account unblocked.They try....but basically what they suggest you do just doesn't work.

In my case I can log into that old account, but all I get is a message saying my account is blocked and i can't access my inbox or change my password.

If you want to you can register and open a new hotmail account....but basically forget about anything you had on that old account and also your contacts information.

You'll probably have to rebuild your contact information on your new account.

I've had a hotmail account for MANY years...because i just wanted email...and not that gushing gooey "feel-good" crap of Facebook and it's "social media" bull(fecal matter) stuff.

Unfortunately now hotmail has been in that "Windows Live" mode for some time now also.

I just use hotmail to keep contact with my family back in the U.S., and that "Windows Live" keep-contact-with-all -your-friends cr_p is not wanted or needed by me.

bah.gif

Do make sure your alternate e-mail address and phone number are up to date inside hotmail

otherwise you will have trouble recovering if they block your account.

• Like 1

I have no Idea why people still use hotmail any more there are so many more relable email and contacts services that are free. I gave Hotmail away 5 years ago.

This is a link about 10 free email services http://email.about.c.../free_email.htm

have been with gmail since it was in beta...hotmail was still 5mb (or possibly still 2mb!) max... google continues to innovate and up the ante while the rest play follow the leader... imagine if microsoft played like google did since they hit it off with Windows, your tech world would be a better place.

Does anyone really keep their e-mail inside Hotmail or G-Mail?

Use a good client and have your e-mail at your fingertips, even if there is no connection.

Also you can control the backup so as not to loose any precious messages,

Does anyone really keep their e-mail inside Hotmail or G-Mail?

Use a good client and have your e-mail at your fingertips, even if there is no connection.

Also you can control the backup so as not to loose any precious messages,

not sure why, but i've always disliked clients...never had a problem with losing messages or access to my gmail account in the 8 years i've had it... gmail now has an offline app as well.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ejidjjhkpiempkbhmpbfngldlkglhimk

I only opened a Hotmail account recently - and so far I've had no problems. But a friend of mine has had a recent problem with his Hotmail account and it sounds like it's the problem that is being described in this thread.

So what does everyone think is going on here with Hotmail?

Is this Hotmail message that is causing everyone grief the work of hackers or is it a technical glitch by Microsoft (Hotmail)?

It sounds to me like it is the latter.

Incidentally I came across this 'official' Microsoft forum on the topic. Disturbingly, inexplicably, the thread has been locked!

https://answers.micr...89-02bd9a553409

I only opened a Hotmail account recently - and so far I've had no problems. But a friend of mine has had a recent problem with his Hotmail account and it sounds like it's the problem that is being described in this thread.

So what does everyone think is going on here with Hotmail?

Is this Hotmail message that is causing everyone grief the work of hackers or is it a technical glitch by Microsoft (Hotmail)?

It sounds to me like it is the latter.

Incidentally I came across this 'official' Microsoft forum on the topic. Disturbingly, inexplicably, the thread has been locked!

https://answers.micr...89-02bd9a553409

unfortunately hotmail's support is only good for paining customers , otherwise barryw52 has a solid point in post #13.

Edited by JakeBKK

A friend of mine has recently lost access, blocked, because Hotmail thought his account was being used for Spam mail.

He was panicking because he had lost access to all his stored messages............

Hence my comment on using a client instead.

I have seen other examples of Hotmail being used to send spam messages

claiming to be the owner, and asking for a temporary loan of money.............

A friend of mine has recently lost access, blocked, because Hotmail thought his account was being used for Spam mail.

He was panicking because he had lost access to all his stored messages............

Hence my comment on using a client instead.

I have seen other examples of Hotmail being used to send spam messages

claiming to be the owner, and asking for a temporary loan of money.............

Downloading your mails is the way to go. I like gmail's archive function in case of fire, tsunamis or any other fubar situation. biggrin.png