Looking For Hotel

daleyboy

Hey looking for a hotel in Bangkok for around 700-800 baht a night, near the skytrain or underground and it needs to have a swimming pool.

We normally stay at the Ratchada city hotel but getting bored with always staying at this hotel, fancied a change. Not too fussed what area we stay in as long as i have access to easy travel around the city, maybe even somewhere near a river taxi would be good, but we will have a small baby with us, so jumping on and off boats while they are still moving could be abit tricky. :o

Golden Palace, Sukhumvit Soi-1, ain't bad. Try to get a room downstairs on the right side when you enter. They used to come with 2 beds; one double & one single so you got place to stash :o the baby.

There's a pool and restaurant as well. I am not sure about the price anymore but believe it's around 800baht.

Hey looking for a hotel in Bangkok for around 700-800 baht a night, near the skytrain or underground and it needs to have a swimming pool.

We normally stay at the Ratchada city hotel but getting bored with always staying at this hotel, fancied a change. Not too fussed what area we stay in as long as i have access to easy travel around the city, maybe even somewhere near a river taxi would be good, but we will have a small baby with us, so jumping on and off boats while they are still moving could be abit tricky. :o

hey Mate,

Check out www.asiarooms.com

Best prices & they've never let me down!

Good Luck.

ps. stay away from lower sukhumvit - sois 1 - 19 unless of course you enjoy the company of prostitutes & sex tourists.

Yeah been looking at asiarooms, but i have also heard a lot of bad reports about their service. What i am looking for are personal reccomendations of places to stay. I get fed up over Ratchada, when most of the stuff i want to look at is over Sukhumvit, so it means travelling across town all the time.

Not too fussed about the prossies and tourists as we wont be going out much in the evenings anyway, especially with a young baby.

Just faniced a chang eof secenery, maybe china town or somewhere like that. Dont care about English speaking not a problem if only Thai speaking. :o

Just down loaded some reccos from the R24 site which are always handy to give you an idea from previous guests.

I have arranged for quite a number of people to stay at the manhattan and up to now no complaints ...all been pretty happy....also the is a little "good price" beer bar just opposite.

its a liittle over your budget but you can probably get it for @ 900 with the likes of Bangkok discounter hotels.

I know some other guys who would only ever stay at the Honey (same "ere) at @ 750bt but its a little bit more of a take-a-way place :o but still OK...

so..FYI....

Manhattan Hotel Bangkok

13 Soi 15, Sukhumvit Road,

Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

Hotel booking Rates & location

Travel reviews (65)

Reviews of recent stays

2005-12-22 until 2005-12-23

The hotel is clean. Reasonable price and good location.

A little bit noisy cos there is a construction site just next to the hotel recently.

Kaleb McNeely

2005-12-18 until 2005-12-21

For the price this hotel was a great choice.

The rooms were clean,the location was very convenient to shopping,nightlife and the expressway, and the service was excellent. I requested a room at the front and was not troubled by the construction noise in the least. The service was flawless - very quick and reliable. I was particularly impressed with the way Sawadee made sure to communicate my special requests to the hotel.

Liebmann Frank

2005-12-04 until 2005-12-07

The staff in this hotel is very friendly and helpful. The next time I am in Bangkok sure I stay again in Manhattan Hotel. The breackfast is very good. It contets Thai and European food. This was my first booking via internet, but not my last. There were no problems by checking in or out.

Christopher Jetton

2005-10-21 until 2005-10-24

Friendly, helpfull staff. Hotel is in a good location. The rooms and room floors are in need of upgrading badly, but for the price, it was a great value. No problems at all.

Michal

2005-10-17 until 2005-10-18

The hotel is not so young, but still is very clean and has a very nice atmosphere. They have an excellent service and very good breakfast. There is a constraction nearby. The location is an attitude! excellent, nothing to add:)

Knud Lykking

2005-10-10 until 2005-10-13

The location of Manhattan is perfect for a short BKK-stay. Close to the new Metro and BTS-Skytrain. Our deluxe room, big and well maintained. Breakfast buffet was under average. The staff was not aware when the last popular food had been taken. How can you eat bacon and egg - when there is no bacon left. Why do Manhattan not have a safe in every room. It´s irritating one has to go to the reception. The staff very friendly. We will be back. As usual - First class, quick and the e-price was outstanding compared with the room rate - if you arrive from the street without reservation. You are my number one booking service.

Thomas Cost

2005-09-30 until 2005-10-07

I enjoyed my stay @ the Manhattan Hotel more than I expected. The staff was helpful: The breakfast incredible: The location, central to everything, perfect for my needs. Would I book there again..? In a New York second. Will use this service again without hesitation.

John Emmett

2005-08-31 until 2005-09-03

great value for the price they even let us have the 3 rooms until 2pm on our last day inroom safe and very good buffet breakfast.very close to skytrain which is a must when in bangkok very good to deal with have used on previous occasions and will again

John Emmett

2005-08-31 until 2005-09-03

great value for the price they even let us have the 3 rooms until 2pm on our last day inroom safe and very good buffet breakfast.very close to skytrain which is a must when in bangkok very good to deal with have used on previous occasions and will again

Steinbrecher

2005-07-29 until 2005-07-31

very good location, spacious and clean rooms, nice pool, staff was very friendly, with exception the hostess, who made the account for the mini bar, she was unpolite. nevertheless next time we would return to this hotel.

no problems, perfect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool thanks for taking the time to respond mate. I will take a look at the site now.

As for budget, if it was up to me we would be staying in the Oriental :o but with the wife i have little choice and have to go for the budget option. She gets far too angry at me if i spend too much.

:D

Just checked it out, looks pretty smart. Looks like it is on about hte same par as Ratchada city hotel. Little bit more expensive but then it will save me having to travel all over Bkk. :D