Bike Finance From A Big Dealer But Not In My Province.

jambco984

Im looking for any information on getting finance from a big dealer but not having the big dealer in the province will they still do it. I live approx 200km from my nearest Kawasaki dealer in Nakhon Sawan and want to see what options are open.

Yes finance sucks but I will use salary and not savings and not really miss it anyway.

What will be required if I can get finance??

Has anyone done it and not lived in the province, can be nationwide and any bike dealer Kawa, Honda, Ducati etc..

I have WP, bank, yellow tabien baan probably some other stuff I dont remember now.

Thanks for any useful help, cheers

jambco984

Ok folks one more try before I let this thread die a death.

I am wanting either an ER-6n or a Ninja 650R but probably swaying more to the Ninja, what is the score with finance and buying them from a different province. I am in Sukhothai, the nearest is Nakhon Sawan then Chiang Mai.

I have WP, bank account with monthly income, a yellow house book.

Thanks in advance

OR

Thread RIP

jambco984

Edited by jambco984

Not sure about Kawasaki, but here at Sumet we usually provide finance for customers in the Bangkok area only. It makes it easier to repossess the bike in the event of non-payment. It might be best just to give them a call and ask.

Yeah I gues it makes sense for the repo if theres a problem. Thanks Sumet

Um... have you called Kawasaki and asked?! coffee1.gif

Gave them a call at Nakered Swan and I got a lot of phone passing around and giggles off some folk who don't speak much English, my Thai is getting better but I don't know how to ask these sorts of questions. I'm sure there are English speaking staff. I will get the wife on the job.

The only reason I am asking is I'm nipple deep in flood water in Sukhothai so off work for the week I'm halfway between Nakhon Sawan and CM.

I'm drooling over the pictures and videos on youtube and spent 2 and a bit days reading the Er-6n page which is brilliant banter and informative to boot. I'm only half way through so don't spoil the ending haha.

Your posts are brilliant BBBKK. biggrin.pngclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Take it easy out there

Edited by jambco984

Not sure about Kawasaki, but here at Sumet we usually provide finance for customers in the Bangkok area only. It makes it easier to repossess the bike in the event of non-payment. It might be best just to give them a call and ask.

Gave them a call at Nakered Swan and I got a lot of phone passing around and giggles off some folk who don't speak much English, my Thai is getting better but I don't know how to ask these sorts of questions. I'm sure there are English speaking staff. I will get the wife on the job.

The only reason I am asking is I'm nipple deep in flood water in Sukhothai so off work for the week I'm halfway between Nakhon Sawan and CM.

I'm drooling over the pictures and videos on youtube and spent 2 and a bit days reading the Er-6n page which is brilliant banter and informative to boot. I'm only half way through so don't spoil the ending haha.

Take it easy out there

Yikes- sorry to hear you are affected by the floods!

I've never bought a bike on finance here so can't really give you any good info, but I should think your wife ought to be able to get a straight answer over the phone.

As far as finance is concerned, I think you will get much better terms if your Thai wife buys the bike.

I've heard, but again have no first hand experience, that foreigners are often required to place a larger down payment and pay a higher interest rate than Thais. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong smile.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK
  • Like 1

Take it easy out there

Yikes- sorry to hear you are affected by the floods!

I've never bought a bike on finance here so can't really give you any good info, but I should think your wife ought to be able to get a straight answer over the phone.

As far as finance is concerned, I think you will get much better terms if your Thai wife buys the bike.

I've heard, but again have no first hand experience, that foreigners are often required to place a larger down payment and pay a higher interest rate than Thais. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong smile.png

Good use of the word "YIKES", not heard that in any context in a long time biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Thanks, the floods are only in the front yard and not in the house, I have got sand bags fortifying the house but not needed yet, I live in a small dead end soi off the main road which is nipple deep as I describer earlier and quite fast paced. I have brought my Phantom and Wave into the house and just twiddling my thiumbs.

Where are you posting about the Ninja 650R, do you have a page like the ER-6n on here?? I'd love to read it if there is as I'm swaying towards this bike.

I have also heard some of the stories of foreigners getting ripped off by several 10's of thousands of baht on finance, suppose we are a flight risk.

I will get the wifey to ring tomorrow morning to see what they say? Hopefully I will have something to look forward to and a nice bit of good news after all of this flood rubbish has cleared up.

Take it easy

Darren