Can't Watch Vids On Thaivisa.

mjj

As the title suggest, I can't watch any of the vids on thaivisa. It comes up with update either QuickTime or flash. Yes I know flash isn't apple compatible, so when I go to the QuickTime link it won't let me upload qt.

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

This is all after the ios6 update.

Thank you.

I do not have the answer but it was one of the complaints on IOS6 my wife had.

She has a bunch of FB pals & they post videos ( youtubes)

They no longer play from within facebook/embedded videos

If you google the problem you see a lot of folks mention it but I have not seen a solution yet.

It's the forum's fault. The way they insert media in here. I have iOS 6.

For example. xyz forum lets me play this perfectly but not ThaiVisa.

This is Thai visa

CA1003B2-A7D4-4F91-93C7-56731D41635E-6276-000001C0F438B20B.jpg

This is the other forum

F91723A9-7781-423E-A1CC-473D61DAEB53-6276-000001C0728B36DB.jpg

DBEF1603-DFFF-43DB-9590-FF22E4E1DA08-6276-000001C06C73A276.jpg

Same video. This one

Edited by thaicruze

This other forum has a video button up on top to insert videos, this forum doesn't. If you paste a YouTube link here it puts it in a [media] tag. This other forum puts it in a tag and the video opens just fine.

Problem is ThaiVisa lacks this feature.

It's the forum's fault. The way they insert media in here. I have iOS 6.

This other forum has a video button up on top to insert videos, this forum doesn't. If you paste a YouTube link here it puts it in a [media] tag. This other forum puts it in a tag and the video opens just fine.

Problem is ThaiVisa lacks this feature.

Possibly if it were just Thai visa but it is not.

Also these things played on this site before IOS6

with this same forum software

Same on other sites like FB

Their software has not changed & you tube embedded

played fine on IOS 5

After IOS 6 they no longer play.

Are you using an Ipad on IOS 6?

If you google it many are having the problem on many sites.

It is more to do with Apple's new OS

Google apps have a you tube app already available for the Iphone but say the one for Ipad

is months away

Google Link

Edited by mania

Well, iOS 6 doesn't have a YouTube app, you have to download the official one. But, on my iphone i have no issue with youtube videos being posted on Facebook, it just goes to YouTube mobile.

Someone posted this on my facebook. I click on it, this is what i get

E41D9099-2E28-4738-BC4B-69375EE4E626-6276-000001CEA732A23B.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

What exactly do you mean by Flash isn't Apple compatible?

Update Flash, then everything will work: Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Maybe it's just an iPod/ipad/iPhone thing, but you cannot get flash for them.

Yes true I was not sure if Nik was joking

But if you click his link this is what you get

It is also interesting that some websites like this one (ThaiVisa)

shows an error message like the one below

While others just do not play nor give a message like FB

Edited by mania

this [media] tag isn't good.

I just showed you it works on other forums with the [media] tag. Why can't the admin in Thai Visa make it a tag instead of a [media] tag?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVxFPxYyw0[/video]

Edited by thaicruze

It is also interesting that some websites like this one (ThaiVisa)

shows an error message like the one below

While others just do not play nor give a message like FB

The KRS1 video plays fine with no error messages on FF. If you manually use the 'video' metatag it will convert it to the below. The metatag 'video' or 'media' or 'playme' or whatever is simply a trigger for the board software interpreter to know what to do with it. It means creating a Flash frame and embedding the actual video into it. It's just a name and some board software may use video some may use media but internally they do the same thing, invoke the embedded flash routine. Some sites may work correctly as they may be using HTML5 and not Flash whereas Thaivisa is Flash but likely in the future upgrade will support HTML5.

The fact it worked on iOS5 and problems with iOS6, seems an issue with iOS6 and my short research does indicate an issue with iOS6 and flash. Adobe Flash and Apple have a long love/hate relationship. wink.png

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVxFPxYyw0[/media[/media]]

• Like 1

this

tag isn't good.

I just showed you it works on other forums with the [media] tag. Why can't the admin in Thai Visa make it a tag instead of a [media] tag?__CODEBOX_0__This will play in your iPad with iOS 6.For now, if you're going to post here, just put scr=" and paste the link. That's it. No [media] boloney until ThaiVisa puts the

tag.

Yes understood but....

1- It is not just TV forum is it?

2- It all worked fine on IOS5

This reinventing the wheel served no purpose.

Just saying,

Sometimes you need to leave well enough alone & not try to be so different that you cannot interact with

the rest of the computing world.

Of course at some point someone like Google etc. will introduce an app that automatically grabs these links & plays them

in IOS6. It is sad but true. Or perhaps Apple will introduce a patch? I don't know.

But until then folks like my wife will no longer see the videos her friends post on sites like FB or Pantip

unless of course the coding is entered in the one way that does show them

Sadly they use to show with either link.

Lastly I cannot help but notice many Apple users take any constructive criticism as a slight against Apple.

It is not. Any good OS has users giving feedback in the hopes that bugs will be sorted.

Edited by mania

The KRS1 video plays fine with no error messages on FF. If you manually use the 'video' metatag it will convert it to the below. The metatag 'video' or 'media' or 'playme' or whatever is simply a trigger for the board software interpreter to know what to do with it. It means creating a Flash frame and embedding the actual video into it. It's just a name and some board software may use video some may use media but internally they do the same thing, invoke the embedded flash routine. Some sites may work correctly as they may be using HTML5 and not Flash whereas Thaivisa is Flash but likely in the future upgrade will support HTML5.

The fact it worked on iOS5 and problems with iOS6, seems an issue with iOS6 and my short research does indicate an issue with iOS6 and flash. Adobe Flash and Apple have a long love/hate relationship. wink.png

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVxFPxYyw0[/media[/media]]

Thanks Tywais

Is there a FF for Ipad?

I do not think so. Do you have a link?

this [media] tag isn't good.

Yes understood but....

1- It is not just TV forum is it?

2- It all worked fine on IOS5

This reinventing the wheel served no purpose.

Just saying,

Sometimes you need to leave well enough alone & not try to be so different that you cannot interact with

the rest of the computing world.

Of course at some point someone like Google etc. will introduce an app that automatically grabs these links & plays them

in IOS6. It is sad but true. Or perhaps Apple will introduce a patch? I don't know.

But until then folks like my wife will no longer see the videos her friends post on sites like FB or Pantip

unless of course the coding is entered in the one way that does show them

Sadly they use to show with either link.

Lastly I cannot help but notice many Apple users take any constructive criticism as a slight against Apple.

It is not. Any good OS has users giving feedback in the hopes that bugs will be sorted.

Times change. Things change. Things get upgraded. You're in technology if you want to run a forum.

Fact is, iOS 6 is here. Things are updated. Change the stupid tag to and bingo, it works. It's up to the forum Admin to support iOS users.

the options for editing mode here suck.

https://www.youtube....h?v=cQVxFPxYyw0

There... You can watch that I'm sure. Just post it as https

SOrry, I was trying stuff here to see what works. Forget the last post.

Yes sure of course, But as stated it is a reinventing of an already round wheel.

Yes I can click your link & be re-directed to youtube in another window/tab within safari

Rather than within the post itself which is what an embedded video should do.

But, All those posting on FB & other sites will not change just to suit IOS6 nor should they have to.

Edit: well seeing Georges post below maybe they will :)

Edited by mania

Times change. Things change. Things get upgraded. You're in technology if you want to run a forum.

Fact is, iOS 6 is here. Things are updated. Change the stupid tag to and bingo, it works. It's up to the forum Admin to support iOS users.

Yes but it seems all the rest are doing fine. They need to reinvent themselves to suit IOS6?

That is silly no? It is like Betamax demanding all video players play Beta as well as VHS

It does not matter ultimately which was even better as many claimed Beta was. The world chooses

Other can either hop on board or be left out.

The "It's up to the forum Admin to support iOS users." is silly. All Admins the world over need to re-do their sites because IOS6 changed?

That does not compute wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yes but it seems all the rest are doing fine. They need to reinvent themselves to suit IOS6?

That is silly no? It is like Betamax demanding all video players play Beta as well as VHS

It does not matter ultimately which was even better as many claimed Beta was. The world chooses

Other can either hop on board or be left out.

The "It's up to the forum Admin to support iOS users." is silly. All Admins the world over need to re-do their sites because IOS6 changed?

That does not compute wink.png

oh come on! They don't have to redo anything or reinvent anything. You're being a drama queen now. All they have to do is add a tag.

The admin logs in. Opens this page

2yw8fag.jpg

adds the code and done.

and yes. All admins in the world need to re-do their sites to be compatible with all browsers and mobile devices, at least all the main ones. It's their job.

iOS 6 safari won't support the [media] tag. Period. Now ThaiVisa needs to take 5 minutes and put the code that works.

Edited by thaicruze

and yes. All admins in the world need to re-do their sites to be compatible with all browsers and mobile devices, at least all the main ones. It's their job.

Yes this sums up what I am saying

Yet why?

Last post for me & as I said before in another post/thread it is not a big deal for me

as everything works fine in the computers "I" use

But it is a bit of a problem for the wife who uses Apple products & updated to IOS6

Yes this sums up what I am saying

Yet why?

Last post for me & as I said before in another post/thread it is not a big deal for me

as everything works fine in the computers "I" use

But it is a bit of a problem for the wife who uses Apple products & updated to IOS6

What do you mean why? Because technology changes. If Apple decides not to allow Flash to be installed on their computers, then every admin in the world needs to make some changes to their site if they use flash. It's YOUR job as a web master to follow the current technologies.

Do you really expect a website developed 20 years ago to stay the same?

In this case, we aren't talking about redoing a site. We are talking about 5 minutes work, tops. would work with all devices, including iOS 6. Forums that have the tag have no problem. Why ThaiVisa chose [media] who knows.

anyway. the answer is, the iPad is the best selling tablet in the world. If this forum wants to be compatible, then change the [media] tag. It'll take a few minutes.

Edited by thaicruze