Watching Astro B'yond Hd In Bangkok Phahon Yothin Area

sweeann

Hi all,

I am interested to watch the Malaysian Astro Byond HD channels here in Bangkok.

Actually, I am a Malaysian which got relocated to Bangkok recently, before the relocation, I already have the Astro Byond HD decoder and subscription in Malaysia.

I have not terminated my subscription since my move to Bangkok.

Anyway, now I brought along my Astro Byond HD decoder plus with my Astro HD smart card.

Was wondering, what else do I need to re-connect my Astro Byond HD here in Bangkok to watch my Astro HD channels?

Many thanks.

I'm watching astro beyond hd at home with my decoder from astro but you will Need a 120 cm satellite dish with universal ku band and point it to maesat 3

With a 120 cm dish u will not get any interruption on your sd channels but will have some problem with hd channels during rain or strong wind but everything is ok when the rain stops

Are you staying in a condo or a house ?

If a condo you will have a problem from your building management as the dish is not small

If a house you can do anything

Pm me if u want more info or installing help

Best is let an expert help u there are many cable guy that will help with the installation different installer different prices good luck

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

Hi ... I am staying in a Condo, and I already got the approval from the building management to install the dish on the roof top.

Actually I have tested it with a 75cm True Vision Dish, but I am only able to receive the SD channels, none of the HD channels are working.

Now thinking of a way to make it work.

Will a 120cm Dish with a universal Ku Band LNB work for all the HD channels?

Hi yes the 120cm dish will work u need a jonsa white dish not the black dish... As I stated earlier when it rains or heavy winds the HD will not be working it will work once the rain stops and dish is dry...

I like the HD channels but it can be frustrating during this month as its heavy rain and i cant watch my favorite ESPN HD sometimes

Are U using the beyond pvr too ?

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

Hi ... I am staying in a Condo, and I already got the approval from the building management to install the dish on the roof top.

Actually I have tested it with a 75cm True Vision Dish, but I am only able to receive the SD channels, none of the HD channels are working.

Are u sure the true vision 75 cm dish works on astro beyond set top box ? I tried it my self and I can't get th SD chanel even to work

Many other also have tried with 75 inch dish but no ad channel working.... If its the old astro box yes I'm sure it works but not the beyond stb

• Like 1

Hi yes the 120cm dish will work u need a jonsa white dish not the black dish... As I stated earlier when it rains or heavy winds the HD will not be working it will work once the rain stops and dish is dry...

I like the HD channels but it can be frustrating during this month as its heavy rain and i cant watch my favorite ESPN HD sometimes

Are U using the beyond pvr too ?

Not too sure what is this 120cm Jonsa White Dish, is it just a offset dish with the size of 120cm?

I saw from Jsat.tv website, they are offering a package using 1.65M for Astro B'yond HD, not too sure whether it will be better than our 1.2M dish.

I am not using the PVR, just the normal Astro B'yond HD decoder.

Are u sure the true vision 75 cm dish works on astro beyond set top box ? I tried it my self and I can't get th SD chanel even to work

Many other also have tried with 75 inch dish but no ad channel working.... If its the old astro box yes I'm sure it works but not the beyond stb

Yes, I tried with the True Vision 75cm dish, and it works, all my SD channels can be watch with no problem. However, non of the HD channel worked .... :(

And I am using the original Astro B'yond HD decoder.