Vasectomy

Naise

Mine was done in the states while I was living there

There it only cost about $400 USD so I can imagain any more here

mine was done at a Doctors office and took under and hour in and out.

For me, the only part that hurt was when they gave me the shot to numb the area much like when giving stiches That had a burning feel to it. After that no problems. End home and took it easy for a few days but no pain and felt like working again next day but didn't

within a week it was up and around again working just fine. really can't tell any difference. Except maybe mentally I felt better not having to worry about getting some girl knocked up

Happy I did it and remember the nurse who helped the doc smiled at me ever time I would see her in our little town

I had one about 4-5 years ago at Lanna hospital when I was in my mid 30s now I've just turned 40 my self and cant tell the different before and after the operation. He was an old doctor and made a mistake by cutting the blood vessel which is similar to the one he suppose to cut.

You were lucky he noticed, for the OP i wouldn`t do it here...to many stories of men not being able to get it up after...best do it in europe...

Can't remember hearing any of those stories.

Well the blood from my balls was squirting out all over the place, like a lizard that squirts blood from its eyes, ok may be I'm exaggerating but I was in pain for a few days thats a fact.

I had one about 4-5 years ago at Lanna hospital when I was in my mid 30s now I've just turned 40 my self and cant tell the different before and after the operation. He was an old doctor and made a mistake by cutting the blood vessel which is similar to the one he suppose to cut.

You were lucky he noticed, for the OP i wouldn`t do it here...to many stories of men not being able to get it up after...best do it in europe...

Can't remember hearing any of those stories.

But what about psychological problems after the fact?

Not too bad unless the sawbones slips and turns you into a LadyBoy.

ladyboys have working tackle.

So you still fire the boat, but the little men just don't get in right?

Any female doctors do this?

To the OP I commend you for your decision. If more men made this decision there would be far less unwanted babies and abortions on this planet.

I am commenting as I can see there are some posters who clearly are not knowledgeable on the subject.

I had my vasectomy in 1980 at the age of 40 and in retrospect wish I had made that decision many years earlier. I had followed my member around for so many years I had actually given him a name as I didn't like to follow a stranger around.

After several interviews with my Doctor I showed up at his office for the surgical procedure. After disrobing and reclining on the table the nurse shaves the area in the vicinity of the cajones and injects a local anesthetic. The Doctor makes two small incisions about an inch and one half apart. Using a small device he pulls what looks like a loop of spaghetti from one of the 1/4" incisions and with scissors cuts it tying the short end in a knot and reinserting it into the incision. Then going to the other incision he extracts the long end of the spaghetti (it is called the 'vas') and cuts off 1" then tying the short end in a knot and stuffing it back into the incision. He explains had he not removed the 1" there was always the possibility the two ends would untie and reconnect. Also he said eventually the 'sperm factory' would shut down as there would not be any demand.

I watched the entire procedure over a thirty minute period and was provided a document of the surgical procedure signed by him and witnessed by the nurse in the event of a future paternity suit. I walked out of the office and resumed my promiscuous lifestyle and "Mr Happy" never knew the difference.

Roger

When I had mine done the doc made it clear that even though in some circumstances a vasectomy can be reversed, whilst opting for the procedure it should be assumed that it never can. Takes 30-45 mins to complete, is reasonably painless but you would want to go home ASAP and relax afterwards. I took it easy for about three days but the doc said that what everyone has been told about vasectomies by friends etc should be disregarded as everyone is individual and some people (rare) spend the rest of thier life in pain. some people can go out and kick the footy the same day. I'm lucky I have done it as I clearly do not want any more children than the two I have but the missus is a clucky suckker and we would have had more by now so thumbsup.gif .

Edited by damo

If truth be known its more embarrassing than painful. There is unlikely to be any pain during the op, which lasts literally 10 minutes because you will get local anaesthetic; but embarrassment,there is no where to hide. But you could save yourself some.

Firstly,(in my situation) was herded into a room with maybe 6 other guys, looking at everyones face; all really shitting it because no one have ever had it before. You don’t know whether to keep quiet or make light of it.

Then its one at a time…on the table….the embarrassment starts when they want to check your meat and 2 veg area is clean…ie shaved.

If not then the Bics come out….(my advice, get yourself shaved before you go)

In theatre its difficult not to think whats going on down there, I had 2 nice nurses at shoulder level trying to keep me talking all the time but looking up at the 1m diameter luminescent 1000w light with highly reflective backing….sadly it was like watching the op on tv.

After 10 minutes, was given a small “orange bag” like net undies to carry the crown jewels as they were expected to swell…to the size of oranges.

It was'nt the case, a little discomfort not even as bad as being kicked in the groin…back to work next morning….and that’s where the hyped up stories begin; self admitted, you want to make out you are brave as it was painful, balls as big as footballs, but I was cool.

And the reason I had it done; my wife had IUD fitted, it ruptured her insides, had to have it surgically removed, scared her so much she said never again. I had a choice, the snip or condoms for the rest of my life. Easy choice; didn’t want any more kids myself…15yrs later I am here, with young lady at my side getting broody……I hope its too long now for a reversal but I have to show willing at some point.

He explains had he not removed the 1" there was always the possibility the two ends would untie and reconnect. Also he said eventually the 'sperm factory' would shut down as there would not be any demand.

And I was informed that the tied off tube tube was often ruptured by 'semen pressure' providing a constant drip of semen into the blood stream. Causing immune problems, hard nodules, etc.

http://www.helium.co...my-side-effects

Notice the mention of vasectomy as a factor in these men with symptoms of andropause. These symptoms strike at the heart of masculinity and can include: decrease in erectile potency, decreased libido, fatigue, and reduction in muscle mass and strength, change in fat deposition patterns (to that of women), poor concentration, irritability, and reduced bone mass.

So, vasectomy causes testicular damage, scarring, fibrosis, and inhibits spermatogenesis in some, but not all men. This can cause enough damage to induce relative decreases in serum testosterone and can cause the symptoms noted above. For example, say your pre-vasectomy total testosterone level is 600 (normal range 300ng/dl to 1200 ng/dl) and several years after vasectomy, it is 350. (still in the "normal range") Perhaps in your case, you would develop symptoms and require testosterone supplementation, for life. This seems like something that bears mention in the vasectomy consent process.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

And I was informed that the tied off tube tube was often ruptured by 'semen pressure' providing a constant drip of semen into the blood stream. Causing immune problems, hard nodules, etc.

http://www.helium.co...my-side-effects

Notice the mention of vasectomy as a factor in these men with symptoms of andropause. These symptoms strike at the heart of masculinity and can include: decrease in erectile potency, decreased libido, fatigue, and reduction in muscle mass and strength, change in fat deposition patterns (to that of women), poor concentration, irritability, and reduced bone mass.

So, vasectomy causes testicular damage, scarring, fibrosis, and inhibits spermatogenesis in some, but not all men. This can cause enough damage to induce relative decreases in serum testosterone and can cause the symptoms noted above. For example, say your pre-vasectomy total testosterone level is 600 (normal range 300ng/dl to 1200 ng/dl) and several years after vasectomy, it is 350. (still in the "normal range") Perhaps in your case, you would develop symptoms and require testosterone supplementation, for life. This seems like something that bears mention in the vasectomy consent process.

Utter rubbish.

This has got to be the most squeemish medical proceedure for us men to even think about.

Well if the horror stories or even true stories put you off; you can always do it yourself.

found this website that will allay anyones fears.... this had me rolling about on the floor

www.vasectomy-information.com/pages/diyvas.htm

• Like 2

So the risk of psychological effects is real.

And as for the no reversal facts...anyone know how much it costs to jerk off in a cryogenic factory and have the taddies stored for the future? How much does it cost per year to have them stored and what are the Thai storage facilities like?

Just wondering with Somchai on the night watch n all.

I had mine done at Sripat 3 years back, at age 39, no kids, 8,000 B.

I'm glad I got it done but I cant recommend the doctor, unfortunatly I cant remember his name.

He turned up 2 hrs late, I'd been lying in an icy theater all that time.

My balls had shriveled up like walnuts & he proceeded to rush the job as he had people waiting upstairs.

Not much pain , but infection & inflamation later.

However its all working just fine now.

Get it done, way to many people in the world already.

I had mine done at Sripat 3 years back, at age 39, no kids, 8,000 B.

I'm glad I got it done but I cant recommend the doctor, unfortunatly I cant remember his name.

He turned up 2 hrs late, I'd been lying in an icy theater all that time.

My balls had shriveled up like walnuts & he proceeded to rush the job as he had people waiting upstairs.

Not much pain , but infection & inflamation later.

However its all working just fine now.

Get it done, way to many people in the world already.

sounds like a great experience and then the other guy whose doc at Lanna hospital cut the wrong vein. no thanks. don't understand why anybody would do this.

sounds like a great experience and then the other guy whose doc at Lanna hospital cut the wrong vein. no thanks. don't understand why anybody would do this.

We get it done for many reasons; not wanting our wives or girlfriends to have to take a drug that is known to increase the chances of their developing Cancer, wanting to be sure that they will not be the cause of unwanted children or need for abortion, desire for the freedom from condoms and improve the spontaneity of lovemaking... the list goes on.

The thousands who have had normal experiences with the procedure and the benefits thereof far outweigh the one or two who have had difficulties. The numbers are about the same for positive and negative experiences with root canal work. For most, it's an effective treatment without much pain, with long-lasting positive results. For one or two, it's a terrible treatment.

We get it done for many reasons; not wanting our wives or girlfriends to have to take a drug that is known to increase the chances of their developing Cancer, wanting to be sure that they will not be the cause of unwanted children or need for abortion, desire for the freedom from condoms and improve the spontaneity of lovemaking... the list goes on.

The thousands who have had normal experiences with the procedure and the benefits thereof far outweigh the one or two who have had difficulties. The numbers are about the same for positive and negative experiences with root canal work. For most, it's an effective treatment without much pain, with long-lasting positive results. For one or two, it's a terrible treatment.

Not using condoms ...... no fear of HIV or other nasty diseases then?

No side effects on most people .......... ten years later, how would you know if you were impotent due to 'snip' or it would have happened anyway.

Worrying about wife or gf ....... 50% of marriages end in divorce ..... big sacrifice for temporary relationship.

No, I'm with Oscar, vasectomy appears to me to be a form of self-harming, aka insanity.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Not using condoms ...... no fear of HIV or other nasty diseases then?

No. I trust my wife. smile.png

No side effects on most people .......... ten years later, how would you know if you were impotent due to 'snip' or it would have happened anyway. Worrying about wife or gf ....... 50% of marriages end in divorce ..... big sacrifice for temporary relationship.

Impotency is the last of my worries. Sometimes I think it would save me a lot of energy! I've never met anyone who complained that their vasectomy made them impotent. Sure, I've read the statistics. But that's all they are, and you know what Mark Twain says about 'statistics!' laugh.png

Temporary relationship? We've been together for almost 19 years. Chances of staying together look pretty good too. I'm sorry that you are in a position to worry. Good luck to you!

Edited by FolkGuitar

No. I trust my wife. smile.png

Temporary? We've been together for almost 19 years. Chances of staying together look pretty good too. I'm sorry that you are in a position to worry. Good luck to you!

Good that you trust your wife, but 50% of men who trust in their marriage are wrong.

19 years, so far so good ....... I made it for 25+ years, now I have a new wife and new children.

I always think of the investment firms and their standard waiver.

Previous returns are no guarantee of future performance.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Sorry to hear that you've had such difficulties. If I were to remarry at my age, personally I wouldn't want to bring a child into the world. Children should have a father that they can grow up with, rather than one who would be too old to take them trekking, play football with, and most likely die before they've reached the age of 10. I played with my father, I spent years and years camping, canoeing, rock climbing, skiing, etc. with my son, and believe all children should have this sort of time to spend together with a father. Having a baby by a senior citizen is, to me, not fair to the child

• Like 1