Thailand Ready To Become Regional Leader In Energy, Food

webfact

Thailand ready to become regional leader in energy, food

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is ready to play a leading role in making Asia better-connected in terms of energy and food security, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra told delegates at the opening of the Asian Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) in Kuwait yesterday.

Yingluck, who was received by Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah IV Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, told delegates from 32 countries that since the European economic crisis was affecting Asia, the formation of the Asean Economic Community was timely and reflected the region's commitment to expand economic cooperation. She also said that Thailand welcomed Afghanistan as the newest ACD state.

The leader also said that better connectivity in the region would strengthen trade and investment, though standards and regulations in the region had to be unified.

Yingluck also cited the Trans-Asian Railway and the Trans-Siberian Railway as ways of connecting Asia and compared the links to the new Silk Road. The premier said the ACD could also play a key role in strengthening cooperation in finance, tourism and human-development sectors among member countries.

As for food security, Yingluck said Thailand was well placed to become the kitchen of the world and was looking for partners both within and outside the ACD. According to Yingluck, the Asean+3 platform strengthened emergency rice reserves in the region and led to an exchange in technology and logistics in dealing with food waste.

As for energy, Yingluck said it was closely related to food security, which could be achieved if energy security can be guaranteed. Yingluck also urged the ACD to come up with a clear strategy to deal with the changing situation in the world and said Thailand was ready to host future summits.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-17

I am developing a new educational game called "Where in the World is Yingluk Shinawatra" which will follow her on her widespread travels, the ultimate goal being to find her in Parliament House. It should teach P1 children much about geography with the added life lesson in the futility of our existence.

BTW did her wonderful speech actually mean anything? I'm still wondering.

Get in line, buddy.

Mine's a board game where you try you best to wrest control over the various regions in Bangkok through corruption. It teaches students that corruption is the only way to go and not to listen to everything you hear. It's best to be you own voice (and to impose your will on others).

The PR machine in full uncontrolled flight. Maybe they can look into the fact Thailand just dealt itself out of the rice export business by high pricing and storing. Working on creating demand by not supplying, then charging a higher price is just typical of the mentality of this Govt. Greed - as dictated by the puppet masters mouthpiece. But thinking Thailand can become a regional leader in food & energy? What? Going to grow and store it all to push prices up more? Or is Thailand trying to educate their neighbours in greed mentality and become the regional leader by example be ir food or energy?

I am developing a new educational game called "Where in the World is Yingluk Shinawatra" which will follow her on her widespread travels, the ultimate goal being to find her in Parliament House. It should teach P1 children much about geography with the added life lesson in the futility of our existence.

+1

I want to thank all parties involved, including the editorial staff at The Nation, for their extraordinary restraint in not using the H-word in this article!

I think they may finally be getting the message about the over use of said!!!!

Edited by pbeieio

I want to thank all parties involved, including the editorial staff at The Nation, for their extraordinary restraint in not using the H-word in this article!

Yingluck also urged

I swear though I am going to buy the Nation a thesaurus. Hubs are just a sop, but I am sick and tired of everyone urging, someone else to do nothing.

I would like to know exactly how the verb "to urge" translates in Thai, because in fairness, it seems that that this is the extent of activity in Thai politics.

• Like 1

Thailand is ready to be the hub of everything ....

Thailand is so great

Thailand is the best

Thailand can do it

Thailand is so great

Thailand is the best

Thailand can do it (when it gets out of rehab)

But doesn't your day seem void without your daily dose of "HUB"

Thailand is so great

Thailand is the best

Seen my experience since 1977 as international purchaser in foods, and since 1994 with my own trading company:

Thailand never takes any initiative, so let the Chinese already take over a big part of their former exports

Thailand is always to slow and too late, so is now waiting till Vietnam takes over the rest of agricultural export

Thai sales staff do not know their products, are not interested to co-think to find new ways, new alternatives,

Thai sales staff are waiting till orders drop into their in-e-mail box, and even then are too lazy to process

Thai sales staff lacks adequate knowledge of English to really understand the wishes of their overseas customers, so loose 95-98% of their new opportunities.

Thai M.D. does not allow any of their staff ( even noyt to the "export manager"), to take any other decission except what to order if overseas buyers are invited to the restaurant the BOZZ decided to go.

• Like 1

But doesn't your day seem void without your daily dose of "HUB"

Yeah, you're right <sigh>. It don't seem right when you get to Wednesday and still no HUB in sight...

sad.png

Yingluck also urged

I swear though I am going to buy the Nation a thesaurus. Hubs are just a sop, but I am sick and tired of everyone urging, someone else to do nothing.

I would like to know exactly how the verb "to urge" translates in Thai, because in fairness, it seems that that this is the extent of activity in Thai politics.

It's clear to me that Thai politicians take their urges far more seriously, than the needs of the people.

Hope springs eternal!

The PR machine in full uncontrolled flight. Maybe they can look into the fact Thailand just dealt itself out of the rice export business by high pricing and storing. Working on creating demand by not supplying, then charging a higher price is just typical of the mentality of this Govt. Greed - as dictated by the puppet masters mouthpiece. But thinking Thailand can become a regional leader in food & energy? What? Going to grow and store it all to push prices up more? Or is Thailand trying to educate their neighbours in greed mentality and become the regional leader by example be ir food or energy?

I do wish that you seniors would get your facts straight before you throw up all over the news sheet!

Make an Iphone/Android app called where is Yingluck?

Thailand is so great

Thailand is the best

Seen my experience since 1977 as international purchaser in foods, and since 1994 with my own trading company:

Thailand never takes any initiative, so let the Chinese already take over a big part of their former exports

Thailand is always to slow and too late, so is now waiting till Vietnam takes over the rest of agricultural export

Thai sales staff do not know their products, are not interested to co-think to find new ways, new alternatives,

Thai sales staff are waiting till orders drop into their in-e-mail box, and even then are too lazy to process

Thai sales staff lacks adequate knowledge of English to really understand the wishes of their overseas customers, so loose 95-98% of their new opportunities.

Thai M.D. does not allow any of their staff ( even noyt to the "export manager"), to take any other decission except what to order if overseas buyers are invited to the restaurant the BOZZ decided to go.

Take off your pink glasses....

It is much worse.......

Thai sales staff: If they don't know, or don't understand the question, they just keep silent and hope the customer forgets about it. Even at companies like TNT the sales, or actually no one you can reach per phone knows their own truck network.

And beside what you told about decisions: The Thai MD seems to be never available for the staff asking him something.....

For international sales/exports/responding to emails Thailand is one of the worst countries.....