• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you being rude or ignorant?

Neither. Just being realistic.

Please explain why you think you are being realistic?

If I start a thread about my children and wife would you ask what bar she worked in? You have no idea the OP circumstances and to assume the girl was a bar-girl is showing the kind of circles you hang out in, not reality at all but far from reality of Thai women.

Well first of all, which kind of 16 year old lies about her age and start a relationship with a roughly 10 years older man?

Certainly not the type with a proper childhood.

Second of all the fact that the 25y old guy falls in love with a 16y old can only be based on sexual needs / frustration from the older part. He even admitted that due to the language barrier he is unable to communicate with her properly. Communicate properly means more then "teelak, me you go shopping na.. ohhh lub uuu too mutt!" - so if theres no conversation going, the only other thing they could do is satisfy each other in the bedroom.

Fact is no sain 25 year old dude falls in love with a 16y old girl which he can barely communicate with. That speaks volumes about the mental state of the father of the kid.

Not trying to start any kind of drama here, just stating the OBVIOUS facts.

Shouldn't you be in the Thai-language forum with fluency like that?

• Like 1

Which bar did employ her at 16?

Not only is your post ill conceived, thoughtless and a bastardisation of the English language, but had you made those comments to me or most other members here without the convenience of anonymity that a forum such as this offers, I dare say you would be making a trip to the dentist mad.gif

• Like 1

Be really careful on this and the poster suggesting a lawyer is correct. The US can be maniacal on this.

An individual cannot be prosecuted in the United States for a crime committed on foreign soil.

There is something called "jurisdiction". A court must have jurisdiction over the case in order to prosecute. Even if this happened in New York, and you moved to California, the courts in California could not prosecute the case.

Given that you committed this "crime" in Thailand (and I'm not sure what the age of consent is here) the only place that could prosecute you could be Thailand.

Given all of the debauchery that goes on here, that is almost 100% unlikely.

On another note, how can you have child with a girl and never check her ID card?

BTW, if you did do this in the U.S. you would be facing some serious jail time.

Your presumption about jurisdiction is incorrect. Many countries have law giving them jurisdiction in certain cases, mostly when a crime is commited by or against a national of their own country. But somtimes even when there is no link at all with their own country. Many countries now have laws giving them jurisdiction to prosecute someone for war crimes commited anywhere in the world.

Not only is your post ill conceived, thoughtless and a bastardisation of the English language, but had you made those comments to me or most other members here without the convenience of anonymity that a forum such as this offers, I dare say you would be making a trip to the dentist mad.gif

Why,it seems like a very reasonable question to me?Surely the bar was breaking the law in the first place,wasn't it?

Mr Keyboard Warrior!rolleyes.gif

Oh boy..

Listen up mr internet tough guy, its a legitimate question where she worked as a 16 year old. If you automatically assume that a bar means wh@rehouse, then this is your problem my friend.

Last i have checked a place where drinks are served and pool is played is still considered a bar.

You guys amuse me... so you are walking down the street with your wife and child, ask someone nicely for a bit of advice and the first reply is ..'In which bar did you find your wife'? God I wish I was as perfect to be able to judge others' lives so easily.

If you engage in illegal sexual activities in a foreign country you can be persecuted by the American government.

http://www.worldvisi...ile/stp_law.pdf

The OP should consult with a lawyer to see what his position is about marrying an underage female.

If the female was underage, I thought here in Thailand she would need to get the permission of her parents to

marry. If the parents gave permission, I don't think the op will have any problems.

I think the poster meant "prosecuted" by the US government,

but persecuted does sound more correct in this case bah.gif

As I understand it the Thai law sets the age of consent as 15, provided there is parental consent

and as long as it was not sex for money..

I agree that the OP should consult a lawyer

You guys amuse me... so you are walking down the street with your wife and child, ask someone nicely for a bit of advice and the first reply is ..'In which bar did you find your wife'? God I wish I was as perfect to be able to judge others' lives so easily.

So in your world its perfectly normal to knock up an underage girl which you met while she was being illegally employed in a bar where she was serving drinks?

Ah well, you're the one threatening people with physical violence over an argument.. pretty much explains everything else. Sorry if i hit a nerve pal ;)

Edited by PomRakBKK

she told me she was 19 and... Now 2 years and 1 baby boy later she tells me she is only 18

You have a child with your partner and you have never seen her ID card?

" She was fifteen years old, going on thirty-five, Doc, and she told me she was eighteen, she was very willing, I practically had to take to sewing my pants shut. Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don't think it's crazy at all and I don't think you do either. No man alive could resist that, and that's why I got into jail to begin with. And now they're telling me I'm crazy over here because I don't sit there like a goddamn vegetable. Don't make a bit of sense to me. If that's what being crazy is, then I'm senseless, out of it, gone-down-the-road, wacko. But no more, no less, that's it."....

Randle McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The bar owner was clearly in the wrong by employing this underage girl,what part of that are you NOT understanding?rolleyes.gif

Listen, what I did is not a crime here in Thailand. Sorry for not I.D.ing every girl I slept with! You all can pass judgement but your not in my shoes so don't. I thought she was 19 so 19 and 25 is completely normal even if it was just in my head. Especially here in Thailand where you see 50yo dudes with 20 something year old girls.

I know I did nothing wrong here. Infact, I'm in the right cause unlike most of the farangs I've met here who have knocked up some young Thai girl, I actually manned up and came back to take care of my son.

I came here for advice so if you trolls don't have any, then go get hit by a bus for all I care cause Let Him Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone.

Thanks to eveyone else who gave only advice. It's been really helpful :)

• Like 1

And if anyone doubts me about how old she looked. Ill personally inbox you a photo of her in the same dress I met her in.

I'm not an expert in lady dresses, but if you send me a picture without I probably can tell you her age biggrin.png

Never really seen a thai 15 year old that looks a day over 12.

I am sure there are ones who look older, like 14 or 15 but19, I have doubts.

would love to see a pic of you both in the start of the relationship, i bet we could all pic her age.

Age of consent is 18, it is simply a slightly different law with a lower penalty(removing from home for immoral purposes). The end result is that an under 18 year old can not give consent. The law is ambiguous enough that the police can prosecute any under 18 sex regardless of consent unless it is a marriage. Just look at the lead singer of Big Ass, he received a 2 year sentence(ultimately suspended in exchange for anti drug songs) for sex with a 16 year old after she went to the press claiming to have born his child. Child wanst even his, but he still admited to sex with her, and they decided to prosecute anyway. Anyone, ESPECIALLY a foreigner, doing anything with an under 18 year old is a fool.

Edited by DP25

And if anyone doubts me about how old she looked. Ill personally inbox you a photo of her in the same dress I met her in. Nature doesn't normally put a chest like that on a 16 yo girl.

And mrtravel2008: the comment you made about detecting her age trough conversation? Its been my experience that most Thai women ive encountered can be quite childish. My Thai GF before her was 30 and would laugh at children's cartoons all day! Because of the language barrier your not exactly gonna sit and debate philosophy with them

Never seen a 16 years old thai girl looking older than she is b4.

If the looks r really that deceiving, the sex can't be.

I just can't get myself to believe u.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Non sequitur.

Section 277 of The Thai Penal Code:

Whoever has sexual intercourse with a girl not yet over fifteen years of age, whether such girl shall consent or not, shall be punished with imprisonment of four to twenty years and fined between Bt8,000 to Bt40,000.

If the offence according to the first paragraph is committed against a girl not yet over thirteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fine of Bt14,000 to Bt40,000 or imprisonment for life.

If the commission of the offence according to the first of second paragraph is committed by participation of persons in the nature of raping and/or murdering a girl, or by using weapons or explosives, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment for life.

Prostitution Prevention and Suppression Act Sec.8 (2000 ?)

Whoever, for sexual gratification of that person or of the third person, commits sexual intercourse or any other act against a person who is over fifteen (15) years but not yet over eighteen (18) years of age, with or without his or her consent, in a place for prostitution, shall be punished with imprisonment of one to three years and a fine of twenty thousand to sixty thousand baht.

Seeing that the OP has got some useful info from a few on here, and that the rest of the thread is turning into slagging judgemental comments, I am now closing this thread