Spam? Fundraising?

Toni

I was speechless after receiving the following as an eMail:

Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:38:36 -0800 (PST)

Von: "stella nwaenyi" <[email protected]> Ins Adressbuch

Yahoo! DomainKeys hat bestätigt, dass diese Nachricht gesendet wurde von yahoo.com. Weitere Info

Betreff: urgent

An: [email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr Chinedu Akpa, personal attorney to Mr. Mark Anthony, an expatriate who used to work with

Accredited Oil Company here in Nigeria, West Africa. On the 2nd of January 2005, I received a call that my

client died in the Tsunami Disaster with his wife and only child while onvacation at Phuket Island in Thailand. Since then I have made several enquiries to locate any of myclient's extended relatives and until date have not succeeded.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit is lodged. Particularly, the bank

where the deceased had an account valued at US$700.000 (Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).

The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next-of-kin or have the account confiscated. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the biological relatives of my late client, I hereby seek your

consent to present you to the bank as next-of-kin of the deceased since you are a foreigner, so that the

proceeds of this account valued at US$700.000 thousand can be transferred to you as inheritance and thereafter, you and me can share the money; 50% to me and 40% to you, while 10% will be donated to the Tsunami Disaster Charity Fund. We shall start the first transfer with US$300.000. (Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only), upon the successful actualization of the first transfer without any disappointment from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining amount to your account.

I have the original copy of Certificate of Deposit of the funds, which will be used to substantiate our inheritance claims. All I require is your consent and honest co-operation to enable us see the deal through.

Furthermore, I guarantee that the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will

protect you from any breach of the law. Please contact me if you are interested immediately

via my personal email: [email protected] to enable us commence on the transaction.

Thank you.

With best regards,

Mr. Chinedu Akpa

It never fails to amaze me, what depths so called humans can sink. Why is it Nigeria is the hotbed of this type of scum. Or should that be scam. No I was right the first time.

I was not amazed but schocked! OK, I get a lot from Africa but about most of it I can laugh and be amazed how people can believe these "nice" offers, but this is the one of the limits. Should be nice to know if there is a possibility to denounce such "humans". Disgusting!