My "feel Good" Video

Rsquared

Just wanted to share.......today was the first day of the annual "sports festival" for our local village.

This year my wife and I are sponsoring our local soccer team, supplying uniforms, drinks etc.

I filmed the game and rushed home to edit and burn the results onto a DVD, then caught up with the team to let them watch themselves on the tv screen.

I am not a big soccer fan. But to watch "our" team play and win gave me great joy. But the best part was to sit back and watch all the players, plus supporters....watching my video of their match. They are used to watching professionals on the box all the time......but to see themselves on the box, was for all, the first time they had ever seen it, and the expressions on their faces was priceless.

We watched the game three times...and they cheered at the same time at the same events. They were really excited about it.

Their next game is at 0900 tomorrow morning and I will be filming that as well and let them watch themselves and analyse their game, which they have not had the opportunity to do before.

As I said at the beginning....just wanted to share....after reading so many negative posts.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I'll try and post the video....mind you it is far from professional quality, but I hope my standard improves with each game.

Good idea about filming the guys watching themselves....might try that.

Our town is Pong Krating.......about 20km from Ban Ka in the Ratchaburi province.

Gotta get ready for this mornings game.....will get back later with reports. Btw we won the first game 2 - 1.

Thats very cool. Great story.

I also sponsored a football team in Sukhothai - or at least their shorts, shirts and socks...and the after game refreshments.

My wife arranged it and I didn't give it much thought.

Then I saw the pictures and the team name was actually my full name (e.g. Bill Smith United). I guess they had no clue what it meant in English.

Ok guys....it's taken me a few days, been busy with the sports carnival.....our team came 4th out of all the districts (13 in all) their best result ever.

Hopefully got some video here...our team is in the purple colours.

Cheers.

p.s. it is only a minute long......didn't want to bore you, and this took 52 minutes to upload to You Tube! Edited by Rsquared
  • Like 1