Thai Man Killed In Suspected Tiger Attack

webfact

Keep logic out of it, we are talking a Thai Police "investigation " here. coffee1.gif

Therefore the investigation would have lasted one minute. First policeman; "Hmmm, no head." Second policeman, "Many deep scratches." After 10 seconds of silent deliberation. First policeman; "Has to be a tiger." Second policeman; "I agree. Lets go to lunch."

Weird story. It's rather unlikely a tiger would wander away with a head. Police should be able to determine the exact cause by examing the wounds at the neck. Cuts found on the body can be inflicted, maybe by wild animals, after the victim was dead.

Again we're reading a of lot of speculative opinions here. I'm curious to find out what the final conclusion in this matter will be.

Edited by stefb1964

What gets me is that the article seems to be saying that they are not sure whether it was a tiger or an insurgent. Surely, it is not rocket science determining which is to blame?

Well the best clue would be, if there was a relatively clean cut at the neckline. That would suggest the use of a machete and thus support the muslim insurgent theory. Then again, knowing our BiB, they may conclude that it was a machete-wielding muslim tiger.

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest looking for a tiger carrying a sword.

"The victim lost his head and suffered deep cuts..."

Am I the only one who finds this turn of phrase very unfortunate?

I think it means he acted irrationally.

He sees a huge Tiger and instead of thinking 'I need to change my underwear as soon as I get in' he contemplates supper and a pair of tiger skin flip flops.

Then, and this is where the irrationality comes in, he started making the Thai equivalent of 'here kitty, kitty, kitty' at which the tiger warned him with a few scratches. Followed by the deep cuts.

Then again I could be wrong.

You see, there's the 'american' english to consider. Whereby, 'head' would take on a completely different meaning. For example, the man could have been installing a toilet, which the tiger made off with. hence, losing his 'head.' Or, and there is another possibility although on this family forum, especially in family orientated Pattaya, I don't really like to broach the meaning of 'head' in a sexual reference.

But there you go. that's life. Or, in this case death by tiger. Not an uncommon fact for many bar dwellers in Pattaya.

At least no animals were harmed in the slaying of one thai man whose family no doubt embrace it being his time.

Personally, I think it's about time we had another man bites dog story.

I'm so ashamed to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed your post. cheesy.gif

"The victim lost his head and suffered deep cuts..."

Am I the only one who finds this turn of phrase very unfortunate?

I think it means he acted irrationally.

He sees a huge Tiger and instead of thinking 'I need to change my underwear as soon as I get in' he contemplates supper and a pair of tiger skin flip flops.

Then, and this is where the irrationality comes in, he started making the Thai equivalent of 'here kitty, kitty, kitty' at which the tiger warned him with a few scratches. Followed by the deep cuts.

Then again I could be wrong.

You see, there's the 'american' english to consider. Whereby, 'head' would take on a completely different meaning. For example, the man could have been installing a toilet, which the tiger made off with. hence, losing his 'head.' Or, and there is another possibility although on this family forum, especially in family orientated Pattaya, I don't really like to broach the meaning of 'head' in a sexual reference.

But there you go. that's life. Or, in this case death by tiger. Not an uncommon fact for many bar dwellers in Pattaya.

At least no animals were harmed in the slaying of one thai man whose family no doubt embrace it being his time.

Personally, I think it's about time we had another man bites dog story.

Dang, I want some if what your smoking. On second though, I actually don't.

Those deep cuts are going to sting in the morning...no wait??? Ahhhh...whoops.

Yeah it's hilarious that someone died in Yala. I just can't stop laughing about it.

Not to mention the fact they were so desperate they went to work in area known for tiger attacks and Muslim insurgent beheadings.

It's posts like this and the others that follow it, on the first page of this thread that really and genuinely will deter people from even wanting to be slightly involved with this forum.

I'm getting pretty sick of this kee.

Thanks for making TV a place that laughs at the death of another human being, in what must have been utterly horrific and terrifying circumstances for the victim.

You inconsiderate........

I think I'll cancel my account now. That's enough.

The TV population seems to be dwindling rapidly and its abundantly clear why.

Pat yourselves all on the back for making another TV member feel such revulsion to your "fun and games" that they have to leave.

You sick.....

I'm out.

Forever.

Edited by ManInSurat

My god, they even managed to get "The Hub" in this article

Thai newspaper editors are not known for having an extensive English language vocabulary. Expect stories on Thailand being the hub of the King's birthday celebrations later this week.

Edited by Time Traveller