Another Place To Get A Good English Breakfast

Pikey

Is there really such a thing as a good English breakfast?

Yes, there is.The old Laughing Leprechaun had a great one. Who eats sausages and bacon floating in maple syrup? Where I come from we save it for pancakes, French toast or waffles.

We are talking ENGLISH breakfast UG, not the rubbish you american's pass as breakfast

• Like 1

re

There are many places in CM where you can get a decent British breakfast.The Olde Bell,Archers and The Darling Bar ( Soi 2 in Loi Kroh Rd

i think our nicksa137 has got sweet heart bar in soi 2 mixed up coz

sweet heart bar sells breakfast !

darling bar is 400 yards away and sells something

but its not breakfast : (

dave2

post-42592-0-01226300-1360764558_thumb.j

post-42592-0-20685500-1360764600_thumb.j

• 9 months later...

Noraa has been a favorite eatery of mine but they seem to have had some business problems this year and were closed/opened/closed again, and were using a different name for a while. Now they're back to the Noraa name? Interesting, if confusing. I hope it's all sorted out now because the breakfasts are very good, plus it is next door to my favorite bookshop, The Lost.

The young guy who runs the place always has some good Old School music playing in the background, like Hank Williams' Greatest Hits. He's a little too fond of Neil Young, though. He puts it away when I threaten to do my Neil Young impersonation. Then he starts in with too much Dylan.

Good people, worth supporting.

Would like to give this place a try. Fellow yanks may wonder why only one bacon. A slice of British bacon, referred to as a rasher, is much larger and leaner than American bacon as it comes from another cut of the pig. Pork belly bacon common in the states is known as "streaky" bacon.

Edited by arunsakda

Archers has a nice English breakfast and the price is right too. The sausages are acceptable for Chiang Mai. I haven't had good English sausages since local restaurants stopped selling Yorkies and since the moderator P1P passed away - he was making his own. The British bacon is some of the best that I have had in CM. The rest of the breakfast is of decent quality too.

• Like 1

UG you can once more get Yorkies products at Rimping. They were delisted for a while as they did not have the latest food mfg certificate. Now that has been resolved and they are back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app