Houses Rooms Or Apartments To Rent

steven w

I am moving with my missus from Pattaya we want to rent a room apartment or house until we find our feet she is fro Issan

Is there an availability of such accomodation in Ubon or around surrounding area?

steve

Many

YES

do you have any web sites for this accomodation or any idea of the going rates

I am moving with my missus from Pattaya we want to rent a room apartment or house until we find our feet she is fro Issan

Is there an availability of such accomodation in Ubon or around surrounding area?

steve

Many

do you have any info?

I'll give you a clue...they are those floppy things with the wiggling appendages found at the end of your legs.

youre a bit of a nobba arent you

Exactly Barry - a little more information in the original post would have got a LOT more help.

Do you want a House OR an apartment? Do you want to be in the City, on the outskirts or in the middle of nowhere?

How big of a place are you looking for? Will a one room apartment with no cooking facilities at B500 a month do you or do you want a 10 room mansion at B20,000?

I know of no websites that cover Ubon although there must be something somewhere, most house rents are done by word of mouth or a sign on the place that is for rent. I do know of 3 houses going for rent in the town and they are going for B3-5000 per month and you pay your own water and electric bills.

A drive around the town would produce dozens of phone numbers for apartments, houses and shophouses.

Exactly Barry - a little more information in the original post would have got a LOT more help.

Do you want a House OR an apartment? Do you want to be in the City, on the outskirts or in the middle of nowhere?

How big of a place are you looking for? Will a one room apartment with no cooking facilities at B500 a month do you or do you want a 10 room mansion at B20,000?

I know of no websites that cover Ubon although there must be something somewhere, most house rents are done by word of mouth or a sign on the place that is for rent. I do know of 3 houses going for rent in the town and they are going for B3-5000 per month and you pay your own water and electric bills.

A drive around the town would produce dozens of phone numbers for apartments, houses and shophouses.

It does seem funny that a 'newbie' can master the quote facility so quickly and then even quote a post to add 'thanks' to - do you think it's just a troll?

it seems this site is infested with idiots

What is that that you said...."I'm glad I found this forum I fit right in" :o

• 5 weeks later...
It does seem funny that a 'newbie' can master the quote facility so quickly and then even quote a post to add 'thanks' to - do you think it's just a troll?

First This

Houses Rooms Or Apartments To Ent

steven w Posted on: 2006-02-19 16:22:06

steve

Then This

steven w Posted on: 2006-03-17 20:22:43

mountains it is very beautiful. Up near Phu Rua and Dan Sai is lovely - I have a house there, but I work in CM and don't get half as much time as I would like there

They have very recently opened a big supermarket - so you don't have to go to Nong Bua Lamphu or Phi'lok to stock up on stuff.

:o

steve

Steven,

Hope you haven't been scared away. Sometimes everybody has a bad day at the same time. I have a vested interest in your question and have some advice.

I'm opening a restaunt/pub/cafe sort of place right in the center of Ubon. Drinks begin on April 7, food most likely from May. We've got nice rooms for rent by the day in back, 24 of them, actually. They are fully furnished, have cable TV, hot water, air con, etc. 350 to 450 baht a night. Daily cleaning service. You'll probably want something with larger but this would give you a place to start searching from. Hopefully there will be people around my place that can give you more help when your needs are more fully understood. Feel free to send me a personal mail if you want more information. I'm trying not to advertise on the forum too much while advertising as much as I can! Here is a photo of the outside of the rooms behind our place. Will have some of the rooms shortly (kind of busy). Also I've attached a photo of the chairgirl of our welcoming committee.

Good luck

post-27112-1143782360_thumb.jpg

steve

Oops! Forgot the welcoming committee!

post-27112-1143782654_thumb.jpg

One does of course have to add the post from another section of TV where good old steven W asked for the UK government to drop a nuclear bomb on Bangkok :o

I think you are wasting your time wrongway - he's a fool or a Troll.

I will pop in when you open though! :D

One does of course have to add the post from another section of TV where good old steven W asked for the UK government to drop a nuclear bomb on Bangkok :o

Bites

Any link for that post? im sure would like to see that,, and maybe other's as well who are living here.

Wrongway,,,nice pool and hang out place,,,will be there for one nigh when im back in July.

We all have to struggle to get through life so being helpful is much better than being unhelpful.

When you see the mess some farangs get into because they didn't ask or listen, a little support can go a long way.

It is a fact of life that some people are not very nice but to advertise the fact seems to be rather strange on this web.

I hope when you "pop in" that you will want stay awhile.

Bites

Any link for that post? im sure would like to see that,, and maybe other's as well who are living here.

Wrongway,,,nice pool and hang out place,,,will be there for one nigh when im back in July.

Marco,

Again, you need some help with your English. I'm sure you mean you'll be in "every night," not "one night." And we've got a bucket of water but no "pool." The "pool table," however, is really good. Broke it in with Tim, the owner of Polar Bear Cafe, last night before more serious business (drinking). Managed one win and one loss. I learned that asking extraordinarilly difficult questions while playing keeps us fairly even. Thinking of having a small competition next Friday on our "soft opening" day to determine the "first" Ubon pool champion. All are welcome.

I don't make assumptions about anyone until I meet them. And even then, even a real fool can teach you something (does that make me a bigger fool?). I find people are much more cival when meeting face to face; posting on a forum gives one a sense of immunity an anonymity, almost like the Japanese when they leave their islands (maybe the English, too) and are no longer bound by their cultural mores-- they tend to make superb asses of themselves all over the world. But that is true of groups mainly, not individuals. Anyway, all are welcome and nobody will be judged thorougly until I've known them for 20 years.

Oh, got off the point, but the best place to base oneself if exploring Ubon Ratchathani province is most certainly the city itself. If the city and its population don't charm you and you want to explore every nook and cranny of the province, this is the center, and even here you will meet Thais from all the Amphurs. I would imagine there is at least one farang living in any given Amphur, as well. Maybe you can meet them here. There are other nice venues here for live music, etc., which is welcoming after a day of exploring areas outside of the city. I'm sure this is true of any province in Isaan.

Wrongway

I'll be there next Friday, - fools, trolls or both.

I will try to remember a lot of difficult questions :D which I probably will forget when I start drinking, but who can play pool without beer!? :o

You might wanna give me some handicap??????? :D

See you

A link to good old steven w? Well here's the post and it was on this forum before Admin decided to start the thread again and dump the posted replies.

''steven w 2006-03-24 17:00:02 Post #12

Group: Members

Member No.: 27,135

QUOTE(Thaipwriter @ 2006-03-24 11:07:22)

Smiling good natured Thai's killing again.

maybe we should nuke bangkok cowardly thais same ones who gave the Japanese free passage to invade Malaysia and Singapore before getting their <deleted> whipped all the way to India a bit later on.

press the button in Whitehall please !! ''

A link to the thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64017&st=0

Maybe he's in Pattaya and maybe he's in CM - maybe he is really looking for a place in Ubon (that is where he posts his location as) and maybe he is just hiding behind a screen because it is anonymous as Korat Correct says but if you read his posts here and the real offers of help if he would provide some more info for what he actually wants you would see that I did try to help and would do it for ANYBODY that really needed help.

I travel the city everyday and jotting a few phone numbers down to post for a real member is not really much trouble for me.

Wrongway

I'll be there next Friday, - fools, trolls or both.

I will try to remember a lot of difficult questions :D which I probably will forget when I start drinking, but who can play pool without beer!? :o

You might wanna give me some handicap??????? :D

See you

Bergen,

You got a driver or are you staying over? If you're staying over, let me know so I can reserve a room here for you, if you want. It's Tim we have to worry about regarding pool playing, so we'll both have to think of some difficult questions that he can ponder over while trying to make the difficult shots. Thaibites0, you are most welcome, too. Let's all just forget our forum names and have a good time. Wish I could do something special Friday night, but I'll have something special when the food begins in May. Until then, enjoy the drinks!

Regarding nuking Bangkok, you've all been drunk and written something you probably regret. Let it go. Or maybe, when the GF has run off with all your money, and it's only a few days before you have to return to that nightmare known as working for a living, it's a perfectly reasonable wish.

Defeated my wife at least 8 times now. Good pool table. She's improving faster than me, though. So, who's going to be the first Ubon champion?

We are not mean Gary A and the last meeting that Marco organised gave a 30+ farang group hug :o We hope that Bergens meeting will give us another chance for a group hug of the same magnitude (providing nobody tries to pinch my bottom!) and a good time will be had by all.

Lots of loonies on the web and before I go out of my way and spend time and gas looking for the answers I want to know that the questions are real and the answers are really wanted - I have helped people before and still get mails from them but people posting for the sake of posting and not wanting an answer deserve - well, not a lot really.