Chiang Mai To Phnom Penh Best Budget Travel Options?

harrisonkrs1

Budget? Here you go:

Bus to BKK ~700B

Train at 5am to Poipet 48Baht, takes 5-6hrs but you don't have to deal with the road side bus stop scams and the Khao San morons who get off at each one and have to have their cig break for an extra 15 minutes. Took a bus back from SR to poipet and they wasted 45 minutes doing this shit and I missed the train back to BKK. Luckily someone gave me a free minibus/van ticket and I made a good friend along the way.

Tuk Tuk ride to border 30-50Baht (share it)

Then bust from poipet, no clue on price.

I did share a camry with 3 others for like $12 to SR.

I think I spent like $230 in 4 days from CM to SR and back to SK and I did not slum it in Cambodia, just ook the cheapest travel methods and shared things kike tuk tuk drivers etc.

This was summer of 2011

"I think I spent like $230 in 4 days from CM to SR and back to SK'

$230 for transport only.....sounds like it makes flying an easier option and maybe cheaper when you figure in food and hotels along the way. what's airfare now CNX to PP or SR??

"I think I spent like $230 in 4 days from CM to SR and back to SK'

$230 for transport only.....sounds like it makes flying an easier option and maybe cheaper when you figure in food and hotels along the way. what's airfare now CNX to PP or SR??

No, not just transportation, food, hotel, 3 day pass at Angkor, a Tuk-Tuk shared for those 3 days, souveniers, and drinks as well.

Coach from Chiang Mai to SiSaket (1,000ish kilom). Local bus from SiSaket to Pusing (70k). Motorcycle taxi to Choam SaNgam border (20k). Motorcycle taxi from border to Anlong Veng (15k). Stop overnight in Anlong Veng. Bus from Anlong Veng to Siem Reap (130k - must be early morning - otherwise you are looking at a $50 taxi from the border to SR but saving the $10 hotel fee. Everything except the coach and optional taxi will be peanuts

Are you man enough for some real travel!!??