Pattaya`s Tourist Police In Anti-terrorist Training In Central Pattaya

Pattaya_Fox

Pattaya`s Tourist Police take part in anti-terrorist training in Central Pattaya.

Following a preparation meeting last week, officers from Pattaya`s Tourist Police Division are currently undergoing a five day training seminar at the Grand Sole Hotel in Central Pattaya. Anti-terrorist experts from the Department of Defence sub-office at the American Embassy in Bangkok are conducting the training. It is hoped that by the end of the week, Pattaya`s Tourist Police will leave the training with extensive knowledge on all aspects of terrorist activities including detection of possible devices and observance of suspicious activity which could lead to a terrorist attack.

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 21st February 2006.

Nice to read that they are getting some serious training :D

Might it not be a case of the blind leading the blind? Didn't see too many success stories on American anti -terrorism over the last few years. I wonder if they remembered to bring a translator with them, or do they still think if they shout loud enough in English, everyone will understand? :o:D

Nice to read that they are getting some serious training :D

Might it not be a case of the blind leading the blind? Didn't see too many success stories on American anti -terrorism over the last few years. I wonder if they remembered to bring a translator with them, or do they still think if they shout loud enough in English, everyone will understand? :o:D

We`ll never know Mobi how perceptive, well trained and informed on terrorism the tourist Police will become until an incident is prevented.

Lets hope it never comes to that. :D

I wont hold my breath. The cynic in me says if the police can't even see with their own eye's that Pattaya bars remain open for the most part 24 hours a day in definance of the law (regardless of the stupidity of that rule), I somehow doubt that they are suddenly going to be finding a more elusive subject like a terrorist - or perhaps what the savvy terrorist will do is just hide in a beer bar at 2.30am - no chance of ever getting spotted :o

Anti-terrorist experts from the Department of Defence sub-office at the American Embassy in Bangkok are conducting the training.

I think if any of you are around, you better check out these so-called Americans.

This story sounds like a bit of "commercial" propaganda.

To my knowledge the Thai Military and the IDF (Israeli Defence Forces) have had at least 20 years of co-operative reciprocal training.

Why suddenly switch to the second best?