Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Thanks for the support guy's,it is much appreciated wai.gif

@ DAL Last night I was feeling a bit down because of the news about Grandpa and had myself a few rum n cokes to take the edge off.

I did make a mistake with Grandpa's age,it should of read 2460 - 2556 making his age 96 and not 106..... a bloody good innings but still too soon.

@ Ron(King of the Etans)19 great looking chiles mate......how's the corn coming along?

Btw you will have to post a couple of the Etan's on this thread also.......thumbsup.gif

@ David Thanks for the videos mate,they did indeed make me smile.

Did you raise your eyebrows and give a couple of tut-tuts at my hyperlink? I blame it on you....bad influence and all whistling.gif

@ Jimmy Mate that is the first time ever I have been given a message of condolence followed up with a goat with it's cock out.

It did make me smile but it may be had hard one to explain to the Missus when she sees it. blink.png

• Like 2

Shaggy, here some flowers that magically appeared next to the cabbage plantation this year.wai.gif

Sounds like a wondrous piece of land DAL.....magically appearing flowers and spontaneous tomato plants growing.

Next time you are home plant a 10 baht coin and see if you can grow a money tree.

This photo is totally off topic I know but I came across it at Dusit Zoo in BKK and it made me think of you for some unknown reason.

P1060300-001.JPG

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 1

Sammy ... what do they do with the coconut shells?

Great photos ... thumbsup.gif

Sadly most get burned.... cough cough.... bah.gif ...... Too bad more don't grind up as soil amendments.... wink.png

I remember reading somewhere when I did the charcoal thread about turning the little used coconut shells into charcoal.

shellchar.jpg

There is actually a whole site and board dedicated to Coconut by-products ... http://coconutboard.nic.in/charcoal.htm

^ Re the coconut husks.... I think a case of these people who have these husking places, cannot afford to buy a grinding machine....or the trucks to haul the composted soil.

Although there are a number of places that do make composted soil, here on Samui .... used in higher end landscape projects thumbsup.gif (although end product quality does vary) ...

Also from my observations, they don't use for charcoal .... to sell at least... Just easier to burn it! sad.png I think I posted a pic of one of those places a while back... cannot find! facepalm.gif

Moving on!

Why would they do this ? I assume to stop from flying.... but why not clip the wing? (seen on a street) blink.png

IMG_7739.CR2.jpg