Blackberry Z10

KKvampire

Yes, I will be looking at how the sales go and BB shares to see whether this is worth buying or just another BB lemon. For me it looks great and will have Skype which is important for me

Emphasis on the words "Will have", since there is no guarantee.

This is make or break for Blackberry.

Edited by Chicog

Blackberry 10 handset to launch first in the UK

The UK will be the first to get the Z10 where it will launch on Thursday.

The first two handsets powered by the new Blackberry 10 operating system have been unveiled.

The Z10 is controlled via a 4.2in (10.7cm) touchscreen while the Q10 has a smaller 3.1in (7.9cm) screen and physical keyboard.

The UK will be the first to get the Z10 where it will launch on Thursday.

Its appeal could determine whether the firm - which has switched its name from Research In Motion to Blackberry - has a long term future.

The new operating system had originally been due for release last year. Canada and the UAE will get the Z10 in February and the firm said it should go on sale in the US in March.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-21261809

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2013-01-31

Before anyone calls me a Luddite, I have a Galaxy S3 for my main every day phone. What I really want from a phone is quality, a good camera, a readable screen, good battery life and a REAL keypad. It appears that the new Q10 Blackberry fits that bill. I have never had a Blackberry phone but would like to give this one a try. This will likely be my next Phone when my Samsung dies.

• Like 1

It might not be around when your Samsung dies.

The longer my Samsung lasts, the more time I have to see if this new Blackberry is the real deal. From what I have read, Blackberry phones are reliable and are good hardware. At this point, I have more faith in Blackberry than I have in my old favorite standby Nokia brand.

The longer my Samsung lasts, the more time I have to see if this new Blackberry is the real deal. From what I have read, Blackberry phones are reliable and are good hardware. At this point, I have more faith in Blackberry than I have in my old favorite standby Nokia brand.

Yes, but whether it is a good smartphone or not is down to functionality and range of applications.

Yes, but whether it is a good smartphone or not is down to functionality and range of applications.

I have to say that I am quite impressed with my Android phone and the versatility. I have a number of useless but fun applications. To do anything serious, I still use my computer. I do like the great camera and good audio qualities from my S3 but it is still basically a toy. As far as a lot of applications, I rooted my phone and use an operating system with the bloat removed. Yes, my phone is dumbed down and I like it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary if the camera is important to you I would consider the Nokia 808 as the camera/video blows everything else out of the water plus 64 gb storage, nokia offline mapping and the battery lasts forever, I am really impressed with mine and the missus has traded her samsung in for one as well

Gary if the camera is important to you I would consider the Nokia 808 as the camera/video blows everything else out of the water plus 64 gb storage, nokia offline mapping and the battery lasts forever, I am really impressed with mine and the missus has traded her samsung in for one as well

Or if you want a Smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 920, which also uses Pureview technology.

I am waiting out for the Q10 which is due in March / April with a physical keyboard

I have to say I have resisted the allure if a Samsung / IPhone as it is not sturdy enough to do what I want out of it

The BB I have now is practical, slim and great on battery life and also great on doing what I want out of it ..typing on buttons and emails

For entertainment, I use an iPod touch 5 ...the only phone tempting me now is Lumia 820...it's a great piece of hardware and the windows 8 is really impressive to use

I use the curve ...it's small and the weight makes a big difference for constant travel on the road

The plans they have here for the prepaid in Thailand is great too 299baht for unlimited mails, FB, BBM and what's app per month.

I don't use the browser as I have the iPod touch if I really need to and wifi is mostly free

Or if you want a Smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 920, which also uses Pureview technology.

Like I said the 808 blows everything else out of water camera wise and it is way smart enough for me, I really don't miss anything at all about my last HTC or having to constantly charge the phone

Like I said the 808 blows everything else out of water camera wise and it is way smart enough for me, I really don't miss anything at all about my last HTC or having to constantly charge the phone

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/16500_PureView_shootout_round_two_No.php

Battery life is important to me. I have an extended 3,000 mAh battery in my S3 that is giving me about 5 days between charges. Of course battery life depends on how you use the phone. The added thickness makes the phone feel better in my hand plus protects the camera lens.

I'm impressed with the 8 MP camera also and certainly don't need or want anything better. The pinch zoom is great.

The Assisted GPS locks on the signal much faster than my Garmin but that is meaningless until someone can come up with a decent map. I do think Nokia has a huge edge on maps. The TSM Garmin map has me spoiled. A dedicated GPS beats the hell out of phones and prices have dropped a lot.

Although the S3 has a decent sized touchscreen especially with the Android Big Button application, I still constantly touch the wrong things. The Q10 with the physical keypad looks very good to me. I especially don't like the volume toggle on the left side. Two small buttons on the top would be much better.

I'm using Jellybean 4.1.2 and can find no fault with it. It's very smooth and does everything I want quite well. Nothing is perfect.