Witch Its The Best And Cheapest Webbsite For Hotelboking?

Bronzom

http://www.hotels.thaivisa.com/

We know this outfit is trustworthy.

Whatever you do, avoid booking from places like travelocity, orbitz, etc for hotels in Thailand as they usually have topped up the prices alot expecting that people booking from outside the country have little idea what the real price is. Make sure you also read the fine print re: changes/cancellations, etc.

cv

http://www.hotels.thaivisa.com/

We know this outfit is trustworthy.

Whatever you do, avoid booking from places like travelocity, orbitz, etc for hotels in Thailand as they usually have topped up the prices alot expecting that people booking from outside the country have little idea what the real price is.

Why would those within Thailand be in any better position when booking over the net?

Contrary, some sites even state the booking must be done in foreign currency, that cuts off most of very Thai nationals.

If those in Thailand went to a hotel reception and ask for a quote in person - they would get prices sometimes double to what's on the Internet.

This time last year I was 5 days at Jomtien Grand Palace, over the net it was 1100B with breakfast.

Last night of our stay we got really drunk and I decided not to drive the day after, stay 1 more day.

Wife went downstairs to extend our stay and was charged 1900B and no breakfast. The staff openly advised her not to deal with them directly, rather call the agency who had booked our stay.

And "lowest prices guaranteed" usually ends with an email a day later with "we were unable to book a room at that price, but we can offer these alternatives" and then u get rooms at regular prices or suites you would not book anyway.

I tried the Hilton at Hua Hin several times, have never had any success..what was available were rooms at rack prices. Given up and staying at the Marriott when going to HH.

Yeah, i had the same experience while trying to book my hotel in Koh CHang. I contacted the hotel directly only to be quoted some obscenely high rate and their advice was to booking via a travel agent. So far, the lowest rates (listed) I've found is atsiam.com. As I was booking for the Songkran period when everything is overpriced, I can't say I got it cheaper, but I must say it was cheaper than the hotel's rack rate, and a few hundred baht cheaper than other booking sites I have encountered.

I usually compare using Asia Rooms, Res24 and www.asiatravel.com...however, a friend of a friend's company called Room Million in Bangkok manages to comprehensively beat all web prices I've found so far, and includes tax, internet etc. etc. in all quoted prices.

I usually compare using Asia Rooms, Res24 and www.asiatravel.com...however, a friend of a friend's company called Room Million in Bangkok manages to comprehensively beat all web prices I've found so far, and includes tax, internet etc. etc. in all quoted prices.

Hi Carl.....any chance of a link for your friend's friend's company "Room Million"?

Asia Travel is anything but low. I find their rates rather high compared atsiam and asia rooms.

Yeah Carl, where is your friend's friend's company and where were you when I was booking my songkran holiday!

Asia Travel is anything but low. I find their rates rather high compared atsiam and asia rooms.

Yeah Carl, where is your friend's friend's company and where were you when I was booking my songkran holiday!

Just checked the sites you mentioned for hotels I normally use, not at all cheaper. :o

Correct. So use http://hotels.thaivisa.com instead so we get a few cents to cover the bandwidth you are using, bkkmadness. :D

Thnaks for your support!

Only when you send me some cash for the content I'm providing. :D

Its a two way street George. :o

Feel free to go silent anytime to address this terrible burden we have put upon you.

cv

Correct. So use http://hotels.thaivisa.com instead so we get a few cents to cover the bandwidth you are using, bkkmadness. :D

Thnaks for your support!

Only when you send me some cash for the content I'm providing. :D

Its a two way street George. :o

Feel free to go silent anytime to address this terrible burden we have put upon you.

cv

You take it all too seriously sometimes cdnvic.