You Helped Me Once - How About Again

eljuwa

Hello CM Forum Members

You helped me a week ago on getting more RAM and update to Snow Leopard.

Thanks to all of you, I got it done. But, at a cost.

Mostly because my Hard drive in my computer considered was DEAD. I had to buy another hard drive.

Importantly, I lost all my history and records. And, I have a useless, dead Hard Drive with me.

I can recreate everything. Except my i-tunes account with my history. I do have my i-pod which has all the 11,000 songs plus.

Now, I need someone to transfer these 11,000 songs from my i-pod to my new hard drive in my computer.

Where do I go and who can help me?

Hope that some one from the Forum could please direct me. You have helped me before and hope that you could do the same now for me.

Thanks a lot.

James

I think you just plug your Ipod into your computer and it will ask you if your want to synchronized (sync'd) to your Itunes on your Mac.

Ask in here.

This is a good forum to know about.. Lots of Apple nerds in there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/150-apple-forum/

If you are going to hesitate about it you can try it on my computer first.wai2.gif

I think you just plug your Ipod into your computer and it will ask you if your want to synchronized (sync'd) to your Itunes on your Mac.

Ask in here.

Thanks, I tried that before. No luck. It is easier when you already have songs in your library and you get a new i-pod. The sync is easy. But, in my case, I lost my library and all I have is my i-pod with all 11,000 songs. Reverse action is more difficult.

Ask in here.

If you are going to hesitate about it you can try it on my computer first.wai2.gif

You are certainly welcome to all the songs I have in my i-pod.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun James,

You got excellent advice from Khun SoloFlyer, and Khun CobraSnakeNeckTie.

The first thing you need to do, with some expert help, is see if the hard-drive you now consider dead, can be mounted as an external drive on someone else's Mac, or your own: assuming the technician you used (who it sounds like you have little "faith" in) has already tried that, and that procedure failed.

Unlike human death, which is considered a binary condition (except by believers in certain religions, and depending on whether you define the body still going, but with no visible higher-level brain functioning [i.e., coma] as being alive, and with the exception of rare cases where people (usually very young people) are frozen quickly n icy-water, and appear dead, but, are revivable after some period of time), hard drives can exhibit various forms of death.

Often, a drive you think may be dead, may actually be in some form of zombiehood: you may still be able to recover some files from it, but, in general, you will not be able to recover any applications (after all, they require complex install processes, creating secondary files all over the place, and "registering themselves with the OS they are running on in complex ways).

We might think of several high-frequency posters here on ThaiVisa Chiang Mai as being like a zombified hard drive, but, said frequent posters may suddenly undergo states of remission, in which, for a few posts, they manifest the clinking of the chains of ghost rationality, civility, etc. Obviously certain memories are still available to them, most often with a racist, sexist, or intolerant flavor, laden with spite, reeking of vengeance, but one senses these are, perhaps, simply the doppelgangers of habitual ways of thought and perception, repeated so often that they are off-loaded into lower-level brain memory storage systems, and persist even after higher-level consciousness is permanently disabled.

What you need to do is find some helpful local Mac expert, who will know what recover software for the Mac is good for file recovery.

I am familiar with drive recovery on the PC, but don't know anyone here geek enough on the Mac to recommend you to.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Use a free software called sharepod from getsharepod dot com. You can easily export your music from your ipod to your computer.

Now, I need someone to transfer these 11,000 songs from my i-pod to my new hard drive in my computer.

Theres and app called diskaid which allows your mac to see your idevice as hard drive - should work.

But dont give up on the hard drive just because a CM technician said so. Lots of apps around that can recover data.

Thanks very much

The first thing you need to do, with some expert help, is see if the hard-drive you now consider dead, can be mounted as an external drive on someone else's Mac, or your own: assuming the technician you used (who it sounds like you have little "faith" in) has already tried that, and that procedure failed.

Unlike human death, which is considered a binary condition (except by believers in certain religions, and depending on whether you define the body still going, but with no visible higher-level brain functioning [i.e., coma] as being alive, and with the exception of rare cases where people (usually very young people) are frozen quickly n icy-water, and appear dead, but, are revivable after some period of time), hard drives can exhibit various forms of death.

Often, a drive you think may be dead, may actually be in some form of zombiehood: you may still be able to recover some files from it, but, in general, you will not be able to recover any applications (after all, they require complex install processes, creating secondary files all over the place, and "registering themselves with the OS they are running on in complex ways).

We might think of several high-frequency posters here on ThaiVisa Chiang Mai as being like a zombified hard drive, but, said frequent posters may suddenly undergo states of remission, in which, for a few posts, they manifest the clinking of the chains of ghost rationality, civility, etc. Obviously certain memories are still available to them, most often with a racist, sexist, or intolerant flavor, laden with spite, reeking of vengeance, but one senses these are, perhaps, simply the doppelgangers of habitual ways of thought and perception, repeated so often that they are off-loaded into lower-level brain memory storage systems, and persist even after higher-level consciousness is permanently disabled.

What you need to do is find some helpful local Mac expert, who will know what recover software for the Mac is good for file recovery.

I am familiar with drive recovery on the PC, but don't know anyone here geek enough on the Mac to recommend you to.

Thanks very much for your reflections. You sound very spiritual. I understand what you are saying.

Theres and app called diskaid which allows your mac to see your idevice as hard drive - should work.

But dont give up on the hard drive just because a CM technician said so. Lots of apps around that can recover data.

Thanks much

Thanks very much. I still need someone to do it for me. I am not literate with computers.

Use a free software called sharepod from getsharepod dot com. You can easily export your music from your ipod to your computer.

Thanks very much

Thanks very much for your reflections. You sound very spiritual. I understand what you are saying.
You actually claim to understand this drivel!
  • Like 1