How To Launch Sms Services In Thailand?

Can anyone tell me about how one should go about to launch SMS services in Thailand?

After several years down here in Thailand, I am now quite certain that my SMS services are pioneering here in Thailand.

People will have to register as SMS, and will will be charged with a very small sum per SMS message (5-10 bath) for information that will save them hundreds bath.

Payment of received SMS will be automatically deducted from user's calling card.

I guess you have to have a work permit in Thailand, but now I desire that this website will be registered in a server abroad, making it over a legal matter whether you need a work permit in Thailand?

So, any tips and advice?

Do you really think that the big boys (AIS, DTAC, True, ) are really going to let you set up a business here in Thailand that would use their network and payment channels to conduct your SMS business ?

I wouldn't worry about a work permit just now, that is a long way off

• Like 1

After several years down here in Thailand, I am now quite certain that my SMS services are pioneering here in Thailand.

People will have to register as SMS, and will will be charged with a very small sum per SMS message (5-10 bath) for information that will save them hundreds bath.

And your unique 'pioneering' sms services involves people paying you to receive spam?

And your unique 'pioneering' sms services involves people paying you to receive spam?

No SPAM.. Important info;-)

I think this is fairly simple and easy to accomplish. You can either do it yourself, or use a bulk SMS service.

Service provider revenue from SMS services has been pure gravy (profit) and it is fallen off considerably as most users are now using 'free' (other than data charges) IM apps like Line, Whats App!, etc. So service providers are heavily discounting SMS services to bulk aggregators.

How many total SMSes per month? What is your target cost per originated SMS?

Note that there is no charge here to receive SMSes. You will probably have to arrange payment, by the subscriber for the service, via an alternative channel? But there may be some third parties here in Thailand who can arrange pre-paid balance debits as this is done currently for some similar services. You'd have to find a third-party who already has an existing relationship with at least two of the major service providers here.

Edited by lomatopo

5-10 baht is not a small amount of money.

I fail to understand how you can save the customers so much money for 5-10 baht

if you need help launching such a service from here, then you are ill prepered to do it