Have Passport. Need To Travel More.

market trader

Consider China...My wife and I travelled around China last year for one month.

We traveled by boats, planes and trains

incredible experience

At this time China would be one of the last places on my bucket list.Not because of the people or the country. But my stomach and bowels cannot tolerate street food and many Thai restaurants here and I presume that it would be even worse in China.

If you're into nature, NZ is the place to be. It has a wide variety of different things to see, from top to bottom. At the top of the north island has a tropical feel with beautiful beaches.. Kauri trees, black sand beaches, unadulterated scenery, volcanic activity, 'hot' beaches, coromandel peninsula, lake taupo, amazing fishing, volcanoes, thermal activity.. Everyone else is recommending Asian countries, I guess that seems to be the thing around here, maybe because of the proximity. New Zealand just offers so much. All that, and the people are AMAZING!!! So friendly and helpful. Other people who have gone there have said the same thing. Lots of sheep.. You better like sheep!

the one drawback was the food. Not too cheap, and not that great. Otherwise, it's the place to be.

Edited by LarryBird

Has anyone gone to Kunming China? Not that long of a flight for one thing and year round Spring weather (they say).

I hope to fly AirAsia from Chiang Mai to Macau, and then by bus/ferry/train to Guangzhou. Last year I went via BKK and a long wait there at BKK and a longish flight.

Southern China is delighful in the spring, and the hostels there are like small hotels. I would not return to Shanghai, as I prefer the rural scenery. A week in Yangzhou in a delighful hostel under the limestone karsts is so nice, with trips to the countryside as you wish.

I was also impresssed with the electric buses and motor cycles..

Has anyone been from Chiang Mai to Siem Riep, and by which route?