Restaurant Dog

vickersvc10

"Regarding what the restaurant owner can and cannot have in his restaurant is not just HIS business. It is the business of the health department as well. They have rules I'm sure. What they are I'll not try and make up, hint or imply at. Do you think they would allow a dog or a pig in a restaurant?"

yes there are rules here no dogs allowed in restaurants, but rules mean nothing here

Edited by dazk
  • Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why the owner refused to compensate or do anything at all. I do not think its a full story

Is it possible that the dog has been vaccinated and hence why owner is refusing to pay for unneeded shots?

Just rather strange response from the owner for something like 2000 baht

I dont believe its the same story as well, as from the OP the dog is almost always in the restaurant so used to having people around it. Therefore not likely to have a quick bite at the customers of the restaurant as it will ruin his restaurants business. Maybe the ''friend of the OP'' kicked the dog away to have a relaxing dinner and then it got bitten but i wasnt there so only the OP can tell us the whole story smile.png

A lot of hassle about this dog and the owner of it which as well have a restaurant.

Imo, its the dog of the restaurants owner so if the owner wants his dog to walk or lay down in his restaurant its up the owner. You as the customer can decide if you would like to eat in his establishment or not, thats your choice again smile.png

About the compensation, i was bitten even by a dog of the neighbors and i didnt even consider to ask for a compensation for the rabies shots. Sorry to say but i guess you live in Thailand for quite some time so you should now its NOT the same as back in Europe or the States where you can ask for a compensation if you are bitten by a dog of someone else.

really? so if it was your dog and you were the farang owner of it and it bit a thai national that they needed hospital treatment you would expect them to pay for it themselves and say 'mai pen rai'

I guess you live in Thailand all of 5 minutes or never venture too far from your dwelling to understand how things really work!

This kind of story makes me think twice about setting foot in Thailand again........

If a dog biting some one stops you from coming to Thailand again.. Please don't read TV any more.. You will have a heart attack.laugh.png

• Like 1

I do not understand why the owner refused to compensate or do anything at all. I do not think its a full story

Is it possible that the dog has been vaccinated and hence why owner is refusing to pay for unneeded shots?

I dont believe its the same story as well, as from the OP the dog is almost always in the restaurant so used to having people around it. Therefore not likely to have a quick bite at the customers of the restaurant as it will ruin his restaurants business. Maybe the ''friend of the OP'' kicked the dog away to have a relaxing dinner and then it got bitten but i wasnt there so only the OP can tell us the whole story smile.png

A lot of hassle about this dog and the owner of it which as well have a restaurant.

Imo, its the dog of the restaurants owner so if the owner wants his dog to walk or lay down in his restaurant its up the owner. You as the customer can decide if you would like to eat in his establishment or not, thats your choice again smile.png

About the compensation, i was bitten even by a dog of the neighbors and i didnt even consider to ask for a compensation for the rabies shots. Sorry to say but i guess you live in Thailand for quite some time so you should now its NOT the same as back in Europe or the States where you can ask for a compensation if you are bitten by a dog of someone else.

really? so if it was your dog and you were the farang owner of it and it bit a thai national that they needed hospital treatment you would expect them to pay for it themselves and say 'mai pen rai'

I guess you live in Thailand all of 5 minutes or never venture too far from your dwelling to understand how things really work!

So how things really work?

If it was my dog i would take up my responsibility, perhaps legally i didnt need to anything but i would try to help of course. But thats me and not how it really works inhere, maybe in your case you can call the police or hire a lawyer but to speak in your terms thats up2u :)

The fact how long i live inhere or what i do inhere is none of your business same its none of my business how long you are staying in Thailand, shall we try to keep on topic please :)?

similar happened to a good mate of mine ...he took my advice and paid a local 1500 baht to kill the mutt ...in your case the farang is obviously an arrogant c ....dogs r a real problem here in thailand and their dopey owners cheers

• Like 1

similar happened to a good mate of mine ...he took my advice and paid a local 1500 baht to kill the mutt ...in your case the farang is obviously an arrogant c ....dogs r a real problem here in thailand and their dopey owners cheers

I see, so your mate was not man enough to do it himselfrolleyes.gif ?

Its not actually dogs that are real problem, it is the whining farang who are, as you do not see locals complaining coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I see, so your mate was not man enough to do it himself:rolleyes: ?

Its not actually dogs that are real problem, it is the whining farang who are, as you do not see locals complaining coffee1.gif

farang are not the only complainers when it comes to dogs. I know Thais who don't like street dogs anymore than me. It's just that you don't see them here.

And a dog that bites is a problem no matter how you want to look at it. The solution however lays in the hands of us people who are mostly just reasonable human beings who want to lead a safe, quiet, healthy life. If that is whining then so are all those who would like to rid the world of mosquitoes which spread dengue and malaria.

farang are not the only complainers when it comes to dogs. I know Thais who don't like street dogs anymore than me. It's just that you don't see them here.

And a dog that bites is a problem no matter how you want to look at it. The solution however lays in the hands of us people who are mostly just reasonable human beings who want to lead a safe, quiet, healthy life. If that is whining then so are all those who would like to rid the world of mosquitoes which spread dengue and malaria.

I also know martiansrolleyes.gif

I also know martians:rolleyes:
And what do they think about street dogs?

"Regarding what the restaurant owner can and cannot have in his restaurant is not just HIS business. It is the business of the health department as well. They have rules I'm sure. What they are I'll not try and make up, hint or imply at. Do you think they would allow a dog or a pig in a restaurant?"

What's the problem with a dog in the kitchen? There are few dog owner in the world whose pets have no access to the kitchens, it's routine. You have visited homes like this many times, and had a meal more than once. Did it harm you? If a dog 1/3 your weight freightens you, buy a taser or pepper spray.

What's the problem with a dog in the kitchen? There are few dog owner in the world whose pets have no access to the kitchens, it's routine. You have visited homes like this many times, and had a meal more than once. Did it harm you? If a dog 1/3 your weight freightens you, buy a taser or pepper spray.

I don't know the answer but the health authorities surely would. Why not ask them.

yes there are rules here no dogs allowed in restaurants, but rules mean nothing here

Also smoking is not allowed....

Also smoking is not allowed....
You are absolutely right. I can smoke and have my dog in my own kitchen if I choose to. But neither are allowed in a restaurant. The difference being PRIVATE or PUBLIC. A restaurant is a place open to the PUBLIC and the PUBLIC health authorities regulate what can and cannot happen there. The restaurant in question cannot be called PRIVATE as would my kitchen and dining room at home would be when I have guests.

Dogs, cats, pigs etc. have no place in and around restaurants.

But they are allowed in a restaurant, and it's not up to the wishful thinking of customers, but the innkeeper to allow dogs or not.

Are they? Are you sure? Try asking the public health authorities and I think you'll get a different answer. It is not up to the wishful thinking of the customers or the innkeeper it is up to the public health authorities.

But they are allowed in a restaurant, and it's not up to the wishful thinking of customers, but the innkeeper to allow dogs or not.

Are they? Are you sure? Try asking the public health authorities and I think you'll get a different answer. It is not up to the wishful thinking of the customers or the innkeeper it is up to the public health authorities.

I have to agree with Keesters now, just read this article as well. But again this is MK restaurants, a restaurant chain all through Thailand. Its not a restaurant with some plastic chairs in some soi in Pattaya :)

Yesterday, MK Restaurant posted an apology on its Facebook page regarding an incident in which a patron brought a puppy inside one of its stores.

As reported by Coconuts, the owner of King Kong the Puppy, a canine Instagram celebrity, has been widely criticized in the internet community for his careless attitude toward food hygiene. The photo that he took and shared it to the account (@kingkong_puppy) showed him with one hand holding the Chow Chow canine near a Sukiyaki pot and the other hand trying to feed him with a piece of roasted duck.

That photo has led to intense debates as to whether or not MK Restaurant has loosened its policy on the admission of pets. In response, the Sukiyaki chain insisted that King Kong’s owner had sneaked him in and that its commitment to maintaining in-store food hygiene remained intact. MK said that it would investigate the branch at which the incident occurred and vowed to be stricter on screening patrons.

After King Kong made headlines, his owner reportedly deleted the controversial photo and posted an apology to King Kong’s 4,200 followers.

If it was my dog i would take up my responsibility, perhaps legally i didnt need to anything but i would try to help of course. But thats me and not how it really works inhere, maybe in your case you can call the police or hire a lawyer but to speak in your terms thats up2u smile.png

The fact how long i live inhere or what i do inhere is none of your business same its none of my business how long you are staying in Thailand, shall we try to keep on topic please smile.png?

that's great you would be a responsible owner, I tell you how it would work there if your dog bit a local person....you'd be getting your wallet out and compensating the costs of their hospital trip at least failing that you would probably have to bury the mutt after it has died a slow death....I am on topic and it was you who said and I quote.... but i guess you live in Thailand for quite some time so you should now its NOT the same as back in Europe or the States

thumbsup.gif

Thats indeed is my quote, i referred to a restaurant with plastic chairs, you cant compare it with the MK restaurants chain. So i still believe some small restaurant can do this, i not say i agree with the owner of that small restaurant and i would never go in there myself. The health department would quicker go to the MK chain then to this small restaurants, thats all what i am trying to say :)

If it was my dog i would take up my responsibility, perhaps legally i didnt need to anything but i would try to help of course. But thats me and not how it really works inhere, maybe in your case you can call the police or hire a lawyer but to speak in your terms thats up2u smile.png

The fact how long i live inhere or what i do inhere is none of your business same its none of my business how long you are staying in Thailand, shall we try to keep on topic please smile.png?

that's great you would be a responsible owner, I tell you how it would work there if your dog bit a local person....you'd be getting your wallet out and compensating the costs of their hospital trip at least failing that you would probably have to bury the mutt after it has died a slow death....I am on topic and it was you who said and I quote.... but i guess you live in Thailand for quite some time so you should now its NOT the same as back in Europe or the States

thumbsup.gif

Anyhow, we can keep going on for ages about this so lets agree to disagree right ;)

About 5 or 6 years ago I was bitten by a dog that ran out of a house and bit me.
The Thai owner later found out I had a course of rabies shots and bought the cost, 2000bht, round to my house as compensation.
There are responsible owners here as well as those who aren't.
I turned down the money as I knew they had very little of their own.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Rimmer
Messed up quotes removed

You argue in an absurd way. What health authorities? We're not talking Switzerland, Germany, Austria, but Thailand. Where anybody can sell food without any regulation, and registration, or a check up by 'public health authorities' for a century at least.

You argue in an absurd way. What health authorities? We're not talking Switzerland, Germany, Austria, but Thailand. Where anybody can sell food without any regulation, and registration, or a check up by 'public health authorities' for a century at least.

here in pattaya you do have to have a licence to prepare and sell food and they do carry out inspections and they do have pretty high standards not as high as european but still they have some

and yes it is illegal to have animals in food prep areas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you get out more. Pattaya does have a Public Health department. It is a very large building on Soi Buakhaow. Maybe you should visit it before coming up with your next insane post.

here in pattaya you do have to have a licence to prepare and sell food and they do carry out inspections and they do have pretty high standards not as high as european but still they have some

and yes it is illegal to have animals in food prep areas

Thank you for confirming.....