Mercedes Benz Cla 2014 Now Available In Thailand, Anybody Is Going To Place An Order ?

Fgis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

give me a jaguar any day.

Jaguar -- from the same car company that brings you:

Tata_Nano_Fire.jpg

The Jaguar is a car with a great history (at least until Ford got its hands on it). And that is what it is today -- history.

Yes, a CLA 250 is cheap but still feel stupid to buy a car that is not hybrid...

So I might be waiting more.

"Cheap" may not be the right word.

Hybrids are not always a good idea, depending on how the car is used.

Do not feel stupid for not having one ?

Edited by Jitar

Yes, a CLA 250 is cheap but still feel stupid to buy a car that is not hybrid...

I own a hybrid, but don't understand why one would feel stupid for not buying a hybrid..

Edited by IMHO

I own a hybrid, but don't understand why one would feel stupid for not buying a hybrid..

Ive got Roses too.

Aren't we stupid to follow the retarded cheaters car makes who do not sell cheap 100% electric cars in 2013 ? Of course we are, but we have no choice, so at least I want to buy a hybrid car and for sure not a car announced for 8L/100 km that will use 10L/100KM in city.

Aren't we stupid to follow the retarded cheaters car makes who do not sell cheap 100% electric cars in 2013 ? Of course we are, but we have no choice, so at least I want to buy a hybrid car and for sure not a car announced for 8L/100 km that will use 10L/100KM in city.

I just bought a car and avoided the hybrid model because it was more expensive, but also because I have concerns regarding the battery longevity once the warranty has passed.

Back on Topic:

I think the A250 with AMG styling looks much much nicer than the CLA.

2.64 MB is a lot considering the C Coupe is 3 MB and the C200 is 2.25 MB / C250 3 MB

The price for such a small car does seem disproportionate.

Edited by richard_smith237

c200 is so old and we be redesigned next year, so it's stupid to buy it now.

Yes, the A250 AMG would have been nice if I was 18 years old and living in US where I could buy this Golf GTI similar car for $15000, but not here for 2.5 Mthb.

I think the CLA is a lot nicer and does not look like a teenager car. C-class hybrid in 2015 will be ok also, but never the A-class with ugly hatchback.

CLA is bigger than C200 also.

Ive got Roses too.

Yes, but the thing is........would you feel stupid if you hadn't bought them? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Fairer comparison for the CLA at 2.64m would be:

C180 coupe 2.49m (2010? model with slightly swoopy CLA look to it, no maintenance)

C200 2.2m (2009 model about to be replaced year end/early next year, no maintenance)

A250 2.46m (new model, gets worse rating with dual clutch than BMW/VW, no maintenance)

VW Scirocco 1.9-2.0m (2009 model, 75,000km maintenance)

VW Golf 7 GTI 2.6m estimated (2013 model, 75,000km maintenance)

Mini Cooper S 2.6-2.85m (2007 model, 50,000km maintenance)

BMW 116 1.7m (2012 model but just brought into Thailand, looks great, lousy tiny engine, 100,000km maintenance)

BMW 328i 3.1m (2012 model, 100,000km maintenance)

Volvo V40 1.64 - 1.8m (2013 model, 100,000km maintenance)

Volvo S60 1.9-2.1m (2012 model, 100,000km maintenance)

Lexus is250 hybrid 2.89m (2013 model, 100,000km maintenance)

Lexus is250 F sport 3.89m (2013 model, 100,000km maintenance)

I don't think you compare this so much to a Japanese car, Audi is a bit weak here and Renault and some other brands aren't so strong or don't exist here.

With that range, the CLA looks neither outrageously cheap or expensive. however, interior is fake leather (A250 is real leather I think), the ceiling is crazily low (even in the lowest position I am almost clipping the roof at 183cm tall with spiky hair in drivers seat), the driving experience is a FWD (I personally have no issue with that, but some people are RWD snobs), the rear seat headroom is a bit compromised and the interior feels a little cheap in places, although looks slightly more classic than the A250 which has a pretty horrid fake carbon fibre dash that looks yucky.

Based on looks only, I was ready to make a downpayment for my GF, but had an issue (which I know others had also) on Saturday getting to speak to anyone, and then following that the wait was already until October for the first batch and mostly Feb 2014 for the better colours. that's planned I guess since the new C will come in between now and then possibly at this years' motor show in November. GF didn't want the colours available, so we decided to wait. Might go for an A250 instead, but that's for me, not her ;-)

Also, other issue with Benz is the cost to improve it; Brabus, Lorinser, Vath and a few others are around here, but Mercedes Thailand takes a much dimmer view on modifying than say VW, since it plays into the greymarket hands I guess, and as of now, the A250 rechipping is available but not much around for the CLA yet. Also, Benz is sold excluding any maintenance unlike the other major brands; that's a cost (for some) or around 30-75,000b a year for a higher mileage car.

The reviews seem to mostly focus on the dual clutch weaknesses which a tuner could adjust.

• Like 2

C180 coupe is 2.99 Mthb and it's an old car which will be redesigned soon.

Cla waiting list is over 1 year already,

A-Class isn't for me an option, not worth the price I think.

New C-class hybrid can will be shown next year but available in 2015. Might be good, brand new technology from Benz it seems.

New E-class is quite ugly for me.

Please correct me when I am wrong.

• Like 1

C180 coupe is 2.99 Mthb and it's an old car which will be redesigned soon.

Cla waiting list is over 1 year already,

A-Class isn't for me an option, not worth the price I think.

New C-class hybrid can will be shown next year but available in 2015. Might be good, brand new technology from Benz it seems.

New E-class is quite ugly for me.

Please correct me when I am wrong.

Agree with you; have you tried driving the A250? I did last week. What a disappointing gearbox. A full auto like the C class or a proper DSG like an Audi or VW would have been preferable; the box in the A250 tries to seemingly randomly frustrate you with the oddest gear shifts you can think of, with no rhyme or reason in how it shifts, no matter what mode you are in. Otherwise, the car is nice to sit in, a bit cheaper on the finishings compared to a C, but still pretty nice. A250 is also fake leather.

There is a new C class supposedly coming year end elsewhere, hope they have sorted out this gearbox issue, because it's a biggy if you like driving.

Looked at BMW over the weekend; the active hybrid they are selling (with 350HP) is 4m; quite an interesting car until you realise that the batteries need to be completely replaced after 10 years...this is where the hybrid e-car thing falls over; the diesel is probably a better choice on some level.

GLA is coming also:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercedes/2015-mercedes-benz-gla-class-ar153563.html

Maybe better for flooded Thailand ?

No word at all on the GLA for TH, nor the GLK or GL - the only SUV they're supporting is the M(L) Class...

My guess is we won't see any of these new classes until 2016, when low CO2 engines get rewarded with excise tax benefits. Even then, it's unlikely we'll see the GLK until it gets a new platform, as currently it's impossible to make in RHD.

• 2 weeks later...
post-148869-0-06448400-1364529758_thumb.

Well I got the c250 with amg kit bang on 3 million Bhat took 5 months to get delivered but here it is and drives like a dream this is my 3rd Merc each to there own.

Edited by whiteman
  • Like 2

Well I got the c250 with amg kit bang on 3 million Bhat took 5 months to get delivered but here it is and drives like a dream this is my 3rd Merc each to there own.

what options did you run with?

Standard from Benz Thailand is 2.49m for a C250 AMG....they told me there were no options (as it is imported as a CBU). Grey market is all over the place price wise.

Congrats on a lovely new car.

Got it at the Benz dealer Rayong Co. Pattaya Branch Assembled here in Thailand. It is fully specs

It is a AMG Dynamic and the price list as from the 2nd of May is 2.990.000 and mine is petrol not a cdi

Also the c220 cdi is 2.590.000

Yes it is a loverly car and well worth the wait

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If Thailand would made a fair taxation of imported cars they would made billions more instead of supporting corruption and illegal importing. What we have seen in media was only the top of the iceberg and it is already been very quiet again about that. Looks like most owners paid their hush money.

Until then I'll drive my honda.thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Saw a new CLA in Germany recently, if the Euro increases by 50% or more in the next few months I might buy one when I get back ;-)

I have seen the CLA 250 AMG as well in Holland when i was on a holiday inthere, the prices are not that much higher. I believe around 45k euro in Holland and in Thailand the same model will be 2.64M which will be a bit more then 60k euro.Prices for cars in Germany are really cheap so cant really compare that :)

I ve been to the dealership in Pattaya and they told me, car is only available in 2015 but that answer came from a non-motivated saleswoman and will go back again and ask for the manager. They do have the exact model now in the dealership and aslong you will pay it cash and perhaps a bit extra there will be possibilities hopefully :)

IMO its a good car with great specs within this pricerange, its beats the C-180 coupe and the BMW's as well.

• Like 1

Saw a new CLA in Germany recently, if the Euro increases by 50% or more in the next few months I might buy one when I get back ;-)

I have seen the CLA 250 AMG as well in Holland when i was on a holiday inthere, the prices are not that much higher. I believe around 45k euro in Holland and in Thailand the same model will be 2.64M which will be a bit more then 60k euro.Prices for cars in Germany are really cheap so cant really compare that smile.png

I ve been to the dealership in Pattaya and they told me, car is only available in 2015 but that answer came from a non-motivated saleswoman and will go back again and ask for the manager. They do have the exact model now in the dealership and aslong you will pay it cash and perhaps a bit extra there will be possibilities hopefully smile.png

IMO its a good car with great specs within this pricerange, its beats the C-180 coupe and the BMW's as well.

That is 15,000 Euro higher.

Buy a Merc. It suits you.

Edited by FarangTalk

I shall wait for what will most likely my last Car. The New 4 Series B.M.Petrol Engine. Had enough of driving a Benz, or a Taxi as its known in my homeland.

The new 4 series is a joke believe me on that. And the thai version will have no extra options . This info straight from bmw thailand as i wanted to book the 4 last month at the bmw expo. I currently have a 2013 520i and i was looking for a 2 door as a second car and decided to go with merc instead of bmw for 2 reasons, #1 bmw loose value a lot faster than merc and #2 the built quality is a lot better on the merc cars.

• Like 1